main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RPR Archive Newbies read/ Anybody else agree?/NOOb social thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource Archive' started by DarthCemeroX, Aug 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthCemeroX

DarthCemeroX Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2007
    Hey
    I've spoken out about thsi for a while.In various ways. I know I'm garuenteed to get hell form people about this post. But it only vindicates what I say.

As a newbie. It feels like being in a new school (thanks Sentinel =] for that example). And in my experience it feels like I've been getting a butt load of noogies. And I've been eating lunch alone for the most part. It feels like all the olde rmembers have their cliques. And as a newbie I feel like I'm not supposed to intereact. It's intimidating to me. I feel like nobody really means it whent they say they liek seeing new blood.
    There are some upper classman who've been cool and reach out especially
    Blue beast. But for the most part I only talk to about four people. And four out of thousands. I don't see how that's at all okay. And not just on the rpg forum, everywhere sort of. But the RPF has been the main thing so far.
    Now I'm not trying to piss off the older memebers. But I am saying that it doesn't seem like you guys try hard enough to conenct with newer players. No I know about the adoption thin and other resource threads. But I've posted on them, and been ignored. People just keep posting as if I never said anything.
    To me it's a problem, because if one person feels a certain way it promise there is others.
    I mean, I feel like I have no right to join or start an rpg, because I'm a newbie.
    I'd like to open this thread to all new players. And if any newbies have any issue, problem or just want to chat, feel free to post.
    Who knows this could be a good thing for newbies.
    If it doesn't get shut down.

I look forward to some feed back.

Just me standing up for the little guy.

NP edit: Not really the place for this. You've already said some similar stuff in the "State of the Role Playing Forum" thread. I know that you are concerned about it.

2. Revenge_of_the_Matos

Revenge_of_the_Matos Jedi Youngling

Aug 2, 2007
    Hi Cemero.
    I both agree and disagree. While I do admit it is hard to get into things as a newbie, there are quite a few members who have reached out to talk to new players. However you do have a point in what you said, sometimes I get the feeling that my posts are overlooked in a way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.