Newcastle mini meet - Saturday 2nd September 2006

Discussion in 'North' started by nlindenj, Mar 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FatBurt Force Ghost

star 5
    Chill chief.

I came back on topic.

I honestly do hope that the Newcastle meet does go ahead and that it is successful

There is nothing up with a bit of banter though. I would probably never get to discuss differences like this in the football thread as its posted in by football fans and it's similar in the JCC.

I happen to like discussions of this sort and Dickie strikes me as a bright lad who can debate away nicely.

Newcastle have some of the most ardent fans in Football. Did you know that? They are considered (by some) to be the most loyal as well. So I'm sure you'll see a fair bit of the old football references when your there.

So don't think I ignored you as I didn't. I continued a perfectly acceptable conversation topic and then attempted to bring the main talk back on topic again for you.

Sorry if i offended you as that wasn't my intent.

EDIT: Dickie. it was light hearted hence my scoring during.
  2. timbolton Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    [face_peace] I understand it was all lighthearted, and I never have issue with that (and I myself take threads off topic in the same way), I asked politely but it carried on. There can be a football thread in the North where Northerners can discuss it - someone please start it already since you are keen to chat about it lol. My intention is that this thread was started by a newish member, and I think it would be respectful to him to just to keep it on target here, and take the long football posts to another thread. That way the people who are trying to arrange a meet can do it without having to scroll through long football posts, I think that is only fair, and makes new people who are organising stuff far more welcome here.

Back on topic -

Proposed location: Newcastle
    Date: June 10th
    What's happening?:
    0] Meetup - Outside Waterstones, near the Monument - 12.00pm?
    Location Map - http://mc.multimap.com/amtc/mi39/2/2111/2022.gif?client=yell25000&v=2 (Waterstones is where the arrow is pointing)

Possible places to visit -

1] Sci-Fi and Comic fair - http://www.oaksroyd.co.uk/goldenorbit/newcastle.php
    Rutherford Hall, University of Northumbria, Ellison Place, Newcastle Upon Tyne

2] Travelling Man - http://www.travellingman.com/store/newsdesk_info.php?newsdesk_id=8&osCsid=924906002d4c8c1193d054540beeeb49
    43 Grainger Street, Newcastle upon Tyne

3] Forbidden Planet - http://www.forbiddenplanet.com/
    59 Grainger Street, Newcastle

4] Footie: England Vs Paraguay
    Meet at a pub to see people scream at a screen lol :)
    Group B - 10 June - England v Paraguay - Frankfurt - 2pm

Hope that helps, up to you lot now :cool:
  3. FatBurt Force Ghost

star 5
    Page two so the long scrolling should cease and desist now :)
  4. edgejedi88 Jedi Master

star 4
    OK - I am up for meeting in the town on the 10th - football or no football. :p

Nige - if you are still heading to the comic fair then let me know here and we will sort something out.

Anyone else - its your choice....add yer names here...

ps. add the Sci fi shop in the Grainger Market to the list of venues to visit! Great for figures and it has a pair of X Wing pilot 12" dolls that have my name on them...when he eventually reduces the price.:D
  5. nlindenj Jedi Knight

star 2
    i'm there
    i was going to mention fantastic toys too
  6. edgejedi88 Jedi Master

star 4
    cool - so outside the Waterstones then near the Monument at 12.00 - can then head over to the uni for the comic fair first and then back to the town for the main shops =D=

everyone else welcome - bring your portable tellys if needs be!
  7. nlindenj Jedi Knight

star 2
    great!
    where are we going to have dinner (plenty in the area Mc D's, burger king, even greggs lol)
  8. edgejedi88 Jedi Master

star 4
    Burger King vege burgers all the way!!! I wouldnt call it dinner though...[face_sick]
  9. edgejedi88 Jedi Master

star 4
    ...just for anyone who was intent on coming...we have decided to postpone the Newcastle meet for the moment...watch this space...will be happening soon though...[face_peace]
  10. jedi_master_booth Jedi Master

star 3
    Can we have a follow up on whats going on with a Newcastle mini meet up please
  11. nlindenj Jedi Knight

star 2
    how about july 22nd or september 2nd?
    it up to you lot
  12. ObiWanCon Force Ghost

star 4
    I will watch this thread with great interest.
  13. jedi_master_booth Jedi Master

star 3
    2nd of sept would be best matey as june and july we are somewhat busy with other on-going projects
    Plus the number of the on line members need at least 2 - 4 months notice for a meet so thats july out !
  14. jedimasterhughsy Jedi Padawan

when is this supposed meet-up going to happen, people(i.e. me)would like to attend :)
  15. nlindenj Jedi Knight

star 2
    here it is the final answer
    2nd of september 2006
    be there or....not
    hope this helps everyone
  16. jedi_master_booth Jedi Master

star 3
    Now that sounds better - having a date a bit far away gives up time to realy plan things -
    like what we are going to do in Newcastle
  17. timbolton Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I have been checking up on a Southport-Newcastle trip, and at the mo anyways I can't make it as trains supposedly between York and Newcastle are off a lot at weekends.

Note that Jedi_Nat is doing her London meet on Saturday 2nd Sept and her York visit is Sunday 10th Sept ;)
    I won't be able to meet for the Newcastle one, but go on without me, I will get to Newcastle sometime :D
  18. edgejedi88 Jedi Master

star 4
    2nd Sept sounds fine by me - at the moment.

There is a flaw in 'long term planning' however - its called 'life' getting in the way and things changing....(and often the demands of our partners, who dont understand the importance of these events and consider shopping higher on the agenda!!!)lol

As for what to do - please read back through this thread and you will see that we have already discussed a lot of content for where to go and what to do on the day - so there really isnt too much planning to do for this strictly 'non military' operation.

19. timbolton Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    FYI :cool: ;)

Proposed location: Newcastle
    Date: September 2nd 2006
    What's happening?:
    0] Meetup - Outside Waterstones, near the Monument - 12.00pm?
    Location Map - http://mc.multimap.com/amtc/mi39/2/2111/2022.gif?client=yell25000&v=2 (Waterstones is where the arrow is pointing)

Possible places to visit -

1] Sci-Fi and Comic fair - http://www.oaksroyd.co.uk/goldenorbit/newcastle.php
    Rutherford Hall, University of Northumbria, Ellison Place, Newcastle Upon Tyne

2] Travelling Man - http://www.travellingman.com/store/newsdesk_info.php?newsdesk_id=8&osCsid=924906002d4c8c1193d054540beeeb49
    43 Grainger Street, Newcastle upon Tyne

3] Forbidden Planet - http://www.forbiddenplanet.com/
    59 Grainger Street, Newcastle

And haha! Jase, I don't believe it for a second you are "forced" into going shopping pal, we had to hang onto you in Liverpool or we'd never see you for dust lol j/k :p
  20. jedi_master_booth Jedi Master

star 3
    Looks good to me - Im just hoping the weather stays ok ( and not too hot )

21. spike_thmid Jedi Master

star 4
    thought I'd give this thread a little *hoof*

as it was mentioned on Saturday & I believe we have a new Northern recruit from Geordie land suzijedi (hello)
  22. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    Well, I can go up to Newcastle anytime :D
  23. suzijedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Hi there, Spike (waves)

Count me in for the Newcastle meet [face_dancing]
    Just a thought- there are two Waterstone's at the Monument- so which one are we all meeting at...? The one near the Theatre Royal or the one next to Fenwicks??
  24. jedi_master_booth Jedi Master

star 3
    Looks like we are on for Newcastle, If there is anything you think we should do while in Newcastle Suez just put it down and we shall do it (There's nothing Worse than having nothing to do)
  25. suzijedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Well, it looks like most of the Sci-Fi shops are covered so far- there's also the little shop in the Grainger Market which has a good collection of SW figs....
    (thinks)If you're into music, then Steel Wheels is a good shop, along with HMV etc....Maybe we could all catch a film? A walk down the quayside might be nice if the weather's OK.....something to eat in the evening perhaps?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.