Newcastle mini meet - Saturday 2nd September 2006

Discussion in 'North' started by nlindenj, Mar 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_master_booth Jedi Master

star 3
    There's One thing we have missed out on the list Have you Noticed it ?
  2. suzijedi Jedi Master

star 3
    [face_thinking].... A pub perhaps....?
  3. spike_thmid Jedi Master

star 4
    hello !! did someone mention pubs =P~
  4. jedi_master_booth Jedi Master

star 3
    =D=YES THE PUB WE DONT WANT TO GO DRY DO WE
  5. suzijedi Jedi Master

star 3
    How did I guess! [face_laugh]
    Apparently, Tiger Tiger has a bar area that looks like the Cantina (according to my Dad) or maybe he meant that the people in there look like they're from the Cantina!!
  6. jedi_master_booth Jedi Master

star 3
    The only pubs in Newcastle I know are down Scotswoods road off Times square (dont ask how i know )
  7. spike_thmid Jedi Master

star 4
    prepare yourselves for :eek: faces, but I've never had a pint in Newcastle before...

so I'm open to any suggestions - apart from She-ra's Bar [face_shame_on_you]
  8. suzijedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Well, if you're into rock, then Trillians is good- that's where I go. It just depends what you like really.....there's the meat market, oops I meant Bigg Market, but I'd avoid that like the plague (or you'll probably catch the plague!)

I'm sure we'll find somewhere!

Is anyone up for food at this meet? There's a nice Greek place called Simply Greek: http://www.simply-greek.co.uk/menu/menu_simply.php
    or a Spanish place: http://www.eltorero.co.uk/
  9. jedi_master_booth Jedi Master

star 3
    Whats a She-ra' Bar [face_shhh]

If you mean the Eagle Where I sometimes go I would hardly call that a She-ra bar But there again :confused:
  10. spike_thmid Jedi Master

star 4
    She-ra is jawdee (geordie) for Shearer - the former Newcastle player has a bar in the city
  11. jedi_master_booth Jedi Master

star 3
    I-) I-) I-) Now you said something about football Thats where I lost the plot TOTALY

Whos He again !
  12. ObiWanCon Force Ghost

star 4
  13. edgejedi88 Jedi Master

star 4
    so September 2nd for Newcastle then peeps?
  14. suzijedi Jedi Master

star 3
  15. spike_thmid Jedi Master

star 4
    :_| I've just been informed it's my cousins wedding on the 2nd Sep - and not a cousin I like [face_frustrated]

but family duty has to come first I suppose, so alas I can't make it

damn, damn, damn.......[face_frustrated] [face_frustrated]
  16. edgejedi88 Jedi Master

star 4
    sep 2nd seems so long away...but its the date of the Golden Orbit event in the Toon so it would be fun...

Coupled with a night out at Trillians then? That could be quite bizarre....any gigs going on then or will it be some kind of 'rock disco'?

Just a thought...if people want a day time thing then please say....have we ever had a FanForce N rock night?
  17. suzijedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Just checked Trillians' site and there aren't any bands playing that night...I think Legends is open on a Sat, if you're after a bit of a boogie![face_dancing]
  18. timbolton Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    She-Ra was also a "friend" of He-Man :p I am sure Alan forgives you. One day [face_laugh]

This meet will coincide with a FF-UK: N by NW meet to Southport, the airshow to be precise, so I'll ring ya Jase to let you know when the eagle has landed :p
  19. suzijedi Jedi Master

star 3
    If this turns into an all day/night thing, then I have space at my place if anyone wants to stay over- I can probably accommodate 5: 1 single bed, a double airbed (if 2 don't mind sharing!) and 2 on the floor....
  20. suzijedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Other ideas:

A Scanner Darkly is on at the Tyneside Cinema on 2nd Sept (time tbc) so if anyone fancies seeing that, then it's an option
    http://www.tynecine.org/whatson/films.php
    The cinema also has a great little restaurant

A walk down the Quayside- visit the Baltic/Sage?
  21. timbolton Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    :_| Still can't make it :(
    All sounds great tho. Looks like a fun packed day, with the proposals for all the Sci-fi shopping (still working on the Golden Orbit thing) and what you are proposing too :D Maybe next time for me.
  22. edgejedi88 Jedi Master

star 4
    Who needs you Tim anyway? :p

Seriously though...when will we be able to get you up Norf Tim? You are sure missing out! Theres so much to see and do - we have loadsa castles too! Spike Thmid was talking about taking you to this one which we thought you might like...?

So whats the plan then - does everyone fancy an afternoon in the Toon at the shops, incorporating a visit to the Comic Fair?

Food somewhere...then maybe a night out at Trillions or somewhere later for those with metallic tendancies?

Just a thought...?[face_thinking]

ps. I have no hair to sway and headbang with these days though....[face_worried]
  23. suzijedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Yep, that sounds good to me.
    Don't worry re the headbanging- whenever I try to headbang/dance I nearly always fall over....must be getting old!
    I'll try and find out if Legends is open on a Sat night and will post when I find out, that'll give us an option of somewhere to go after Trillians.
  24. timbolton Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Castle Bolton eh? Prepare to storm the walls, I want my heritage back!!!!!

I will be king one day, oh yes!
  25. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    So there'll be no mosh pits? I'm disappointed. I view moshing as a competitive sport :(
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.