Newcastle mini meet - Saturday 2nd September 2006

Discussion in 'North' started by nlindenj, Mar 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_master_booth Jedi Master

star 3
    Burger King Yuk :eek:

Im sticking to my deit Veggie :D C U 2mro
    Note Im NOT bringing the pipe !Ive quit it Now
  2. spike_thmid Jedi Master

star 4
    can't get out of this family wedding :_|

hope you guys have a really good time - I want plenty of pics [face_peace]
  3. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    'fraid you guys will have to cope without any of the Spike Twins 2moro. I can't make it 'cos of my mate's birthday bash in Durham, complete with England match :(

You guys have fun 2moro, though.
  4. edgejedi88 Jedi Master

star 4
    We will.

A Spike Free Day?

[face_dancing]leads to[face_peace]leads to:rolleyes:leads to[face_tired]leads to:_|leads to suffering....bring on the Spikes...
  5. ObiWanCon Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm sorry I won't be able to attend tomorrow I've just been strong armed into looking after my two nephews so I'm really disappointed but I hope you all have a great time.
  6. edgejedi88 Jedi Master

star 4
    next time mate - no worries - will catch you soon no doubt if you are still going to Nige's TV event?
  7. timbolton Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Have a great day today NE'ers :D :cool:
  8. nlindenj Jedi Knight

star 2
    pi$$£d down all day in newcastle but still a good time (picked up a star tours figure and a mpire figure set maul and dooku in pound stretcher [face_hypnotized] )
  9. suzijedi Jedi Master

star 3
    It was good to finally meet a few of you and despite the crappy weather, it was a really good day
    :)

We had a look round a few shops, including FP (that Jedi Training Remote WILL be mine one day [face_praying] ) and saw the life-size lego Darth Vader @ Fenwicks

Visited the Sage and Baltic and had a bit of a look around. Went through this rather bizarre installation @ the Baltic which was a tunnel with walls made of crumpled newspapers with TVs all the way through it playing different channels and you go down a slide at the end (you have to see it to know what I mean!)...and don't ask Jase about the coke cans o_O
  10. edgejedi88 Jedi Master

star 4
    North East FF crew in Trillions - nice meal and friendly staff (so friendly he wanted to steal my shirt - Star Wars fans everywhere eh - so I pointed him of course in the right direction!!:eek:)
    [image=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y212/edgejedi88/FFUK%20Newcastle%20020806/201_0753.jpg]
    Newcastle's equivalent to the Stargate - but it takes you to the pub instead (its in the Baltic art place - the one where they think two diet coke cans on the floor is art....? Good job I didnt pick one up - I was thirsty...[face_thinking])
    [image=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y212/edgejedi88/FFUK%20Newcastle%20020806/201_0764.jpg]
    Leigh inside the Geordie Stargate - so it has a slide too? Woweee!
    [image=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y212/edgejedi88/FFUK%20Newcastle%20020806/201_0766.jpg]
    At the Baltic - filming for some kids TV show - we had to get in the pics of course...actresses SuziJedi and JediPadawan Leigh waiting for their cue...where was Dave when theres a film crew?
    [image=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y212/edgejedi88/FFUK%20Newcastle%20020806/201_0762.jpg]
    You might be tall Mr Vader - but I have a kids sweeping brush! Take that (and party)
    [image=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y212/edgejedi88/FFUK%20Newcastle%20020806/201_0755.jpg]
    Sights of the Toon (L->R The Sage, Loadsa bridges over tha Tyne - 7 Suzi?, and the Gateshead Millenium Bridge - in Newcastle of course)
    [image=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y212/edgejedi88/FFUK%20Newcastle%20020806/201_0760.jpg]
    Leigh takes on Vader, with his gaffa taped saber - she'll 'ave im in the first round I reckon?
    [image=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y212/edgejedi88/FFUK%20Newcastle%20020806/201_0756.jpg]

11. suzijedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Great pics, Jase =D=
    & yes, there's 7 bridges
  12. Jedi_padawan_leigh Force Ghost

star 4
    Cool photos Jase :D

Really good day :) apart from the constant heavy rain which lasted ALL day. (I look like a drowned rat in that slide pic [face_blush] :oops: ) It was great to meet suzi and Nigel too :cool:
  13. jedi_master_booth Jedi Master

star 3
    Hey Jase

Good Pics matey ! Sorry we (Me and My Chris)Had to leave We got totaly soaked from that rain so we headed home
    and a Good hot mug of Tea.
  14. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    It lokos like you guys had a great day. Sorry I wasn't there :(
  15. spike_thmid Jedi Master

star 4
    Good photo's=D= looks like everyone had a fun time [face_peace]

16. jedi_master_booth Jedi Master

star 3
    Meeting up with New Jedi Northeners is always a good point =D=
    The Rain was Kind of off puting But the chance to walk about looking in Shops like Forbidden Planet [face_dancing]

And A chance to Veiw HMV in Newcastle for the Event
  17. go-away Jedi Master

star 4
    Grear photos, but how come you all look dry? :p
  18. jedi_master_booth Jedi Master

star 3
    Sat in the Pub everyone took there coats off might of helped !
    plus the rain never hit Jase he just used the force to wash it off and onto the poor guys walking behind him ME and MY Chris !
  19. timbolton Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    What happened to your Jedi powers Dave? :p
    Good to see the meet went well, hope Suzy wasn't scared off lol :)
  20. jedi_master_booth Jedi Master

star 3
    My Jedi Powers got Wet !

No suez-jedi is cool ( she needs a jedi oufit or a stromtrooper outfit tho !)
  21. suzijedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Nah, I haven't been scared off...yet :p
    ...& speaking of costumes....I may be onto something, so watch this space ;)
  22. timbolton Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Cool :D :cool:
    And good, you have met nearly all of the scary ones in the North now (don't mean you Leigh lol), so you should be fine ;) :p
  23. edgejedi88 Jedi Master

star 4
    We knew that we would whittle you down if we talked costume throughout the day lol.

Was great to meet ya and good that you may be interested in 'costuming' - the NE will soon lose its status of being a hive of scum and villany (check Geordie Star Wars out to see what I mean....'Sunderland!....etc')No pressures though - costume isnt an essential part of being in the NE Fanforce - its just that the rest of us got the madness bug and it seems to be spreading!

Now the question - light side or darkside? Think on this you must....down the dark path you must not go.....not that I am bias in any way of course...lol
  24. jedi_master_booth Jedi Master

star 3
    Looks Puzzled and then looks at jase and shakes head then walks away !
    Im on the Right side! The True side! The North side The side of good and Light.

Has your light bulb gone out again Hence your sitting in the dark.
  25. edgejedi88 Jedi Master

star 4
    Dave - I was talking to Suzi mate - get yer glasses on!!!! <insert smiley with glasses>

Of course I know which side youre on! ;-)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.