main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NEWCASTLE

Discussion in 'Archive: North' started by WANNA_BE_TROOPER, Feb 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WANNA_BE_TROOPER

WANNA_BE_TROOPER Jedi Youngling

Feb 5, 2006
    HI EVERYONE,

Just wondering is there anyone in here from the newcastle area???

2. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    Aye! Whey Up Mate!

Welcome to tha boards - its canny fun here like! [face_dancing]

There are a few of us near the Toon for sure - I am about 20 miles away myself and Forbidden Planet Newcastle is like a second home to me! [:D]

3. jedi_master_booth

jedi_master_booth Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 24, 2005
    Hallo mate
    welcome im sure there is some members on here from the newcastle area !
    but more new members are always welcomed - can you tell us a bit about yourself please
    and if you were able to attend our meet ups -

we should be looking at coming to newcastle later in the year

sec

4. ObiWanCon

ObiWanCon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 15, 2004
    I live in Ashington about 20 miles north of Newcastle and I'm a life long Newcastle United fan and Star Wars fan so tell us something about yourself.

5. WANNA_BE_TROOPER

Feb 5, 2006
    Hi everyone,

Yeah am from Northumberland just out side of Newcastle.

I have been into star wars and collecting star wars items since as far back as I can remember. Just had to sell a lot of it off due to buying my first house, but I have still got a few gems in the collection.Planing to have a star wars room in the house!!

Yeah forbidden planet in Newcastle is a good shop but is canny expensive on some items. I either get my stuff off ebay or when I go to Mem' at the NEC in Birmingham. You can get anything u want there.

The reason for my username name is I was gonna get myself some trooper armour and helmet but then the house came along so I can only dream now of having a full on stormtrooper in the corner of the room.

Apart from star wars I also make alot of dance music and have had a few releases, here?s my website where u can listen to some of my tunes www.56krecordings.com

Plus in the past couple of months I was running a club night with a friend in Newcastle and we got 2 troopers from the UKG to come and join us on the door, was very cool. I had the job of looking after them for the night, best job ever lol

Cheers

Phil

6. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    Hi Phil!

You really need that SW room mate! Its a small piece of the Galaxy far, far away for us all!
    Its a must....(of course, goes to the wall if you get kids I guess...[face_worried])

Not sure if you travel at all, but once you feel settled you are more than welcome to come out for a drink with the North Eastern people here, pizza is our speciality! Boro seems to be a popular place so far, as a few of us are from there so it makes sense. Think we have talked about a Newcastle trip though sometime...?

As for costuming as a Stormie....I hear all sorts of different tales of the cost - some fairly inexpensive and some phenomanal! Depends how accurate you want to be I guess, but if you intend on ever joining UKG, then they expect movie accurate detail for their events, which is understandable when they work closely with LFL. They do a fantastic job as you will be aware and the UKG people I have spoke to so far are a great bunch of people!! Good luck and be sure to keep us updated!!

7. jedi_master_booth

Jun 24, 2005
    hi Phill

You will find we are a good lot " we will have to do a event in the newcastle area - if your club night wants half a dozen jedi knights in full kit stood about just ask im sure we can help out mate .

if you have any problems im sure jace (edgejedi88) will be able to short you out Even tho hes the boss of this UKG in out area.

8. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    ...slight typo/s there me thinks Dave...just to correct it - I'm not the boss of the UKG!!!

As for 'short'ing people out...although I have taken up Thai Kick Boxing, I wont be shorting anyone out if I can help it! Especially in a night club! [face_blush]

9. WANNA_BE_TROOPER

Feb 5, 2006
    You lot got any pics of the Jedi costumes? Will pass them on to the other promoters involved in the clubnight.

Regarding the star wars room, yeah its gonna happen as I have no kids. There is 3 rooms, 1 bedroom, 1 studio n 1 star wars room :)

I have lived in the north all my life, 24 now.

What happens in these meet ups I see everyone talking about???

10. Lord_Ogli

Lord_Ogli Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    we'll have plenty of pics for ya after this weekend so keep an eye out.

As for the meets, Well they can take any form you like really.

We've had meets for FFUK:N Organisation, pizza and pool, watchin DVD's (SW marathon), Theres one tonight for a drink in M'Bro, we're havin one this weekend for a convention, one in M'Bro for a game of SW trivial pursuit. So long as its legal, you can do what ever you want.

11. WANNA_BE_TROOPER

Feb 5, 2006
    Have u got any pics from other meet ups on this site?

Does anyone meet up at mem' events ?

12. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005

us midlanders go to every memorabilia, since we became official we have had meets at the last two memorabilias, and we will all be at the next one on the 26th of march, there are photos in this thread here

13. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    Pics here for ya!

http://boards.theforce.net/north/b10739/22836411/p1/?73 = Boro meet

http://boards.theforce.net/north/b10739/21837902/p1/?42 = London meet (with Northerners in attendance)

http://boards.theforce.net/north/b10739/22034557/p3/?113 = Richmond meet

Thats a start - by the way - we always have our obligatory Yoda mascot at all meets!

14. WANNA_BE_TROOPER

Feb 5, 2006
    Thanks for the links everyone, some cool pics.

Yeah am going to mem' in march at the nec, well I go to every mem' event, think I have only mist a couple in the past 6 years.

15. jedi_master_booth

Jun 24, 2005
    Hey phil
    if your doing nothing in july why not join us all at out york meet up

16. WANNA_BE_TROOPER

Feb 5, 2006
    Na sorry york is a bit of a hike from here for a meet up.

Is there anyone going to Mem' from the north? wanna meet up?

Cheers

Phil

17. jedi_master_booth

Jun 24, 2005
    A hike ?
    we have members going to york from teesside, im going from durham and edgejedi88 whos driving down from durham area
    if you get a day return on the train is farely cheap mate -

if we were to come to newcastle for a small mini meet up it would be sometime after may ?
    plus york is a great day out to meet other member of the northen area .

18. Lord_Ogli

Lord_Ogli Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    Cheep is still expensive when you got no money Dave, Hope you can make one of the meets Trooper, and I'm sure we'll get to you eventually.

19. jedi_master_booth

Jun 24, 2005
    No money !!! at least you have a job i dont " hows your ebay boots going ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.