main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Madison, WI Newcomers to Madison

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by SkyeLightrider, Jul 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkyeLightrider

SkyeLightrider Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 12, 2003
    Hello all,

Name's Skye. Well, not really, but I never go by my real name online. Anyway, I guess I have to announce that I am going to be moving to Madison within a month or so, as I am going to be working for Epic Systems. I am from Colorado and a sometimes member of the Rocky Mountain FanForce.

Joining me will be Earwen_Lightrider, my fiance. She will be there about September time. Earwen is the founder of the Spokane, WA FanForce, and now she's a mod and RSA for the Northwest Pacific area. I have no idea how that title will work when she moves to Madison, but whatever, she knows the FF crew very well.

So, we would love to meet up with you guys and get incorporated into the Madison FF group. Maybe when we get out there, we'll find out your meeting schedule and whatnot, then come see you guys.

Well, just wanted to say hi.

MTFBWY

Skye Lightrider

2. ROGUE_NINER

ROGUE_NINER Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 2002
    Hey, we tend to hold get togethers once a month though there has been talk of getting togther more, It will be nice to have some new blood joining us, we'll have to plan a meeting soon after you get settled

3. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    Well we'd be honored to have you two join us. Ryan pretty much summed it up, we have a lot of fun and although we dont have TOO many members we're all pretty cool if I do say so myself. Cant wait to see you guys up here just check this forum we have a thread for every month.

Forcebewitya.

4. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    *grins*

I'm excited that I'll get to meet you all in a few months.

*glances around*

So any fellow costumers here? And do you mind having a Twi'lek fanatic join the group?

5. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    Forcebewitya is big into the costuming scene.

And there's nothing wrong with appreciation for the lekku. The lekku are darned cool.

6. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    Twi'lek'S are always welcome.
    Brent's really the only one who's big into costuming, as our fearless leader said, his girlfriend also does some and comes to the meetings, though she doesn't post here.
    I'm more into the Books, Comics and Video Games

7. Rick_Sith

Rick_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    Welcome Skye & Earwen,

Just to give you a feel for things, I figured I'd add my few cents or more.

We're a very laid back bunch. We don't have a regular schedule or set time for our meetings. We sort of try to fit meetings into everyone's schedule to get the best attendance. As was said, we're also a small group, which is why we operate this way. Some months are better than others for us to get together.
    We tend to discuss a wide variety of topics. Not just Star Wars. Some topics include Battlestar Galactica, upcoming movies that may interest us and FilmCon.

What is FilmCon, you may ask. Well, it's a convention for those who are into film making and watching (put very broadly). There is a costuming contest included, that Brent always enters. FilmCon is a good blend of sci-fi fans and film/game artists. The best part is all you pay for is registration, whatever meals and collectables you desire.

Back to our group, though. The subject of meeting more than once a month has been brought up several times. Most of us just need to find the time to squeeze in extra meetings.

I am looking forward to meeting you both. With your FF backgrounds, you are sure to infuse us with more ideas to pep-up our group. It's always good to have fresh points of views coming into the group.

Now to end this long winded welcome.

I hope your move to Madison goes very smoothly.

Rick

8. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    We always tend to meet at Filmcon too, but thats not until November. We could talk about that when we get together

9. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?member=36766&cat=500

yes, I am very big in the costume scene ^_^ it would be cool to talk to a fellow costumer. Thats my gallery of costumes thus far feel free to check them out I cosplay video game characters along with Star Wars also. What costumes do you have so far?

Forcebewitya.

10. resnictem

resnictem Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 3, 1999
    Hi Skye, and Welcome!!! I am looking forward to meeting you!!

11. SkyeLightrider

SkyeLightrider Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 12, 2003
    Dude... Forcebewitya, nice costumes man.

Maybe you can help get my character's costume put together before E3.

Here's my guy.

[image=http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y168/SkyeLightrider/NewSkye.jpg]

I got a bit of metalwork though. Lightsaber, gun, and two guantlets. Unlike Nata, I aam most definitely NOT a cosplayer, though I always thought it would be fun to get into.

12. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Thats very cool, I'd be happy to help I have made sabers before and would be happy to give some help or make one on commision for you.

Forcebewitya.

13. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    My costumes have all been Twi'leks so far. I'm currently working with a costumer/props guy in my FF to create electronic lekku for my next one. If I go with blue skin for this next set of lekku then I will be attempting the Aayla Secura outfit in addition to a dance outfit and possibly some mandalorian armor.

And I must say your costumes look fantastic.

14. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Thank you for your compliment. Have you or are you going to do a Darth Talon costume?

Forcebewitya.

15. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    I'm currently toying with the idea. Depends on how long it takes the red skin dye to wear off. I'll be testing that shortly.

16. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Very cool, well I'm excited to meet you both I love meeting fellow costumers.

Forcebewitya.

17. HwarangKnight

HwarangKnight Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2006
    Hi everyone,

I don't really live in or around Madison, but up 'till about a year ago I did. I now live in Appleton. Thought this group was the closes to me so I wanted to say "Hey!"...

HwarangKnight

18. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    Hello, always nice to meet other fans reguardless of where they live, we've had people from Fond Du Lac come to our meetings so its not much of a problem.
    Feel free to stop by again

19. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Welcome to another new face. Feel free to drop in to any of our meetings we'll take pretty much anyone who loves Star Wars or even just Sci Fi in general :)

Forcebewitya.

20. JediRacer8

JediRacer8 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 26, 2004
    Hello to you all. I am one of said people from Fond du Lac but will be moving to Milwaukee shortly. I try to catch up with the Madison gang when possible, which is typically at FilmCon. Hopefully you can make it to FilmCon in November.

It's nice to see some more costumers coming to the area too! I'm currently involved with both the 501st and Rebel Legion in Wisconsin; if you are ever interested in applying to join either group I can point you in the right direction. We have a modest number of us in the state that do different events and there are typically a lot of events in the Chicago area as well.

21. icqfreak

icqfreak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 1999
    Hi all. I just started a job in Burlington after graduating from college. I hope to be doing actitivies with the milwaukee ff, as I have no prior ff experiences. However, Madison isn't too much further than milwaukee from me, so I'd maybe check out you guys sometime as well.

22. Rick_Sith

Rick_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    Great!!! We always like new people to join us! Keep checking here so you know when to catch us.

23. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    We always like to meet new people, be sure to check the boards as we will be planing a get together for August

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.