Newest Meeting

Discussion in 'Salt Lake City, UT' started by ImDaBudge, May 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marold Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    are you sure we want soda on saturday? I mean it is gonna be hot and is pop the right thing for Utah heat?
  2. ImDaBudge Jedi Knight

star 3
    Then I'll bring some water too.
  3. Marold Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    You don't have to bring it all, I have one of those big water things, I also have a small one as well. If you want I can bring that. I'll also bring cups too.
  4. ImDaBudge Jedi Knight

star 3
    You go ahead and bring the water so that you can feel cool.
  5. Marold Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Are you trying to mock me? :p
  6. netslave Jedi Knight

star 2
    I can't figure out which thread to write in!! ack!! ;)

anyway, when are you guys plannin on this next get together? I'm in seattle for now, but I'll be back for a week starting the 14th. so if it's sat the 15th, I could be there. if not, oh well. :)
  7. merlin Force Ghost

star 4
    Did you guys ever have the meeting?
  8. ImDaBudge Jedi Knight

star 3
    WE don't do anything because no one cares enough. Four people try to get everyone involved but no body responds. It's as though they are numbed to the prospect of meeting others and having fun outside this electronic prision.
  9. CorranHorn242 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I think that's a bit harsh, Rob. I myself would have loved to have gone had I not had to work. I wish I didn't have to work on Saturdays, but that seems to be the only time we ever have meetings... Anyway, if we do ever decide on a next meeting, I will do everything within reason to make it.
  10. merlin Force Ghost

star 4
    well, if anyone wants to just go and hangout at barnes and noble or whatever I'm game. I don't have enuff people around me that like star wars. =( so unless I gotta work, I usually don't have anything better to do. (cept this week cuz my cuzn is here)
  11. ImDaBudge Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm sorry that I came off as harsh. I was just frustrated with the insanely bad outcome of the past two meetings.
  12. CorranHorn242 Jedi Knight

star 1
    well, hey... On that note, I was thinking maybe we could just have a little informal get-together one of these nights. Is everybody pretty much wanting to stick to weekends? I'm off Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, but am usually free on Friday and Saturday nights. Maybe I'll throw a little party or something... We should try to get together more often though. Let's brainstorm and hopefully we can come up with something that works for us.
  13. greenmayo Jedi Knight

star 2
    i'd love to get together with some people, I'm free everynight after 5:00, and have Saturdays off.
  14. CorranHorn242 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Why don't we try and get a few people together this week? We can meet at my place and watch Episode 2 or something. Just an idea... What night would be best for you guys? I'm free every night after 7pm, and free all day Tues, Wed, and Thurs. If you guys want to, you can call me and we'll work out the details. my number is 577-0580. Laters.
  15. Marold Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I was going to suggest that in the summer months we can do it during the week instead of the weekends. Most people plan trips over the weekend and we will conflict with others schedules and such. I'm free every night after 5 I guess. This way we can get Sean there as well.

I think we also need to get some sort of phone list going or something. Things do happen and people can't always get online but they usually check messages on their phones.
  16. merlin Force Ghost

star 4
    until work picks up, I am free every night after 3 or 4. in st. george till monday. but tues on I am game. ;)

editBTW, I just got a copy of the star wars holiday special on VCD. we could watch that too. ;)
  17. greenmayo Jedi Knight

star 2
    That really sounds cool. If you guys want, I'll compile a phone list and PM it to everyone. The people interested in going to meetings can PM me their phone number and when I have a list, I'll send it out and we can start calling! ;)
  18. CorranHorn242 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Ok, then. I will extend an invitation to all of you. Tuesday night. My house. Episode 2 VCD. So if you can make it, let me know and I'll give you the info.
  19. greenmayo Jedi Knight

star 2
    Rob and I will be there...do you want us to bring anything to eat or drink or etc? Just let me know, thanks!
  20. ImDaBudge Jedi Knight

star 3
  21. Marold Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I'll see if I can make it. don't know if I have to go to some stupid meeting on Tuesday night or not.
  22. CorranHorn242 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Anything you feel like bringing is welcome. If weather permits, we can barbeque, although I will admit I'm not very good at it. We have a pretty good grill at my place, though. Anyway, give me a call and we'll hammer out the details. Laters.
  23. Lady Kenobi Force Ghost

star 1
    That's it, it's a conspiracy (though unintentional). I would really love to come and watch ep2--going through withdrawals from not seeing it for more than week--but alas, I will be in St. George as of Tuesday night. And I was also gone for the June 1 meeting too. *sigh* Someday I'm going to make it to a meeting...

On a related note, those of you hungering to hang out with fellow Star Wars fans, Rebels Assoicated, a local Star Wars club is having a meeting June 29th at 5:00pm. Plans include watching Indiana Jones trilogy, plus people are just bringing stuff to show off or share with AOTC. Like one person who was extremely lucky enough go attend Celebration 2 is bringing video of his trip. The meeting will be at Melissa Andrew's house in the Salt Lake Avenues area. I don't want to go around giving out her ph. number and address, so contact me via email or PM for more details if you're interested. These meetings are a lot of fun, I've been going for about 3 years now and the club itself has been going for 13 years.
  24. Marold Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Must these fun things always happen on Saturdays? I have Survivor and I'm not getting another vote against me. :mad: Course I'll get that girl back, I know who did it and I don't like being voted for.
  25. ImDaBudge Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm so sorry Sean, Becky's best friend is coming from Japan tomorrow (tuesday) so we won't be able to come. When we posted we had completely forgotten about it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.