main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Newguy here

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Lord-Lelouch, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Lord-Lelouch

Lord-Lelouch Jedi Youngling

Jun 12, 2014
    Hey,

I just recently became a Star Wars fan. I particular love the Darth Vader character.

I'm also into fanfiction, can anyone tell me how it will be possible for me to read an entire chapters posted in the fanfic thread because so far I have only managed to read part of the post of each new chapter.

Can anyone tell me how to overcome this problem so I can read the entire chapter?

2. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Older contributions were truncated at a word limit due to a change of server, unfortunately - it affects everything on the boards.

Posts made on our new server (after 2 September 2012) will be complete.

3. Lord-Lelouch

Lord-Lelouch Jedi Youngling

Jun 12, 2014
    Ah I see, well I guess it can't be helped then *sigh*.

Thank you for the information, will keep it in mind

4. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Maybe contact one of the tech-savvy Mods (LAJ_FETT or JoinTheSchwarz) to see if the old site still exists on the 'Net somewhere? Only other thing I can suggest.

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Old site is long gone. I'm afraid, and none of the old posts are on the temp boards. if there's a chapter you really want to read you could try contacting the author via Conversation to see if they have a copy. You might want to check their profile (just click their name) to see when they were last here. If the date is recent chances are you'll get a reply.

Some people have tried using the Wayback Machine (Internet Archive) for older posts (pre-2012). Not sure how much success they've had.

6. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    To Laj you should listen, Lord-Lelouch! Wayback Machine or contacting the auther would have been my suggestion as well. If that doesn't work, you might also ask one of the FanFic mods. Maybe there's a thread because of this problem and for asking publically for a copy. I'd bet that not only the author has a copy. ;)