main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Knox, TN News 6 at adventure-con

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by skip1, Jun 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skip1

skip1 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    Hey everyone.
    Im from the nashville force and from the 501st.I came over to the adventure-con in hopes to meet some more costumers.I unfortunately missed the costume contest.I did however go ahead walk around in my "armored royal guard" suit.I didnt want to come all that way and not dress up at all.

Anyway,I was videotaped by the news guy from channel 6. Was there a story on the adventure-con on channel 6 last night or even tonight?If anyone there caught it on tape were there any shots of me in my costume? does anyone there have the ability to capture it and put it online where everyone can see it? i would like to get a tape of it if possible.

I look forward to meeting more of the tennessee star wars fans and hopefully more of you guys will get into the costuming aspect of it.

Please check out the nashville force page and here are links to stories on TV that we have been a part of.

here are links to some stories that our fox affiliate did on us and collecting.

http://www.nashvilleforce.com/nadfox2.mov

heres a link to a story they did on me.i make costumes and youll see the royal guard suit i was wearing at adventurecon as well as the "vader suit" pcs i recently finished

http://www.nashvilleforce.com/nadfox3.mov

heres a link to the news2 footage from the star wars premiere party in nashville.youll see many members of the nashviile force.im in my vader suit in this one.

http://web.utk.edu/~bwillia2/potentpotables/ch2at10.mov

talk to you guys later

skip curley

2. vongbait

vongbait Jedi Youngling

Mar 4, 2002
    My daughter was in the costume contest. There were only four contestants. If your costume was anything like the RG's I've seen done you proable would have won. We left right after the contest because my daughter was hot and tired, so I didn't see you. As for costuming myself, I don't really. I put on a jedi robe over my jeans when I'm in the mood. I even carry my lightsaber around. I'm more of a jeans jedi.

3. skip1

skip1 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    I got there and met up with some folks who's daughter had a jawa costume.I got some pics with them for my son because im starting a jawa costume for him.They were the only ones i saw in costume.
    I have what i call an "armored" royal guard costume that has stormtrooper armor on the arms.I have a don post helmet custom painted with the armor.The camera man for channel6 got a long shot of me and i was hoping someone there caught it on tape.I had originally come over to meet up with other members of the 501st and there were supposed to be a few of us in costume but that didnt happen.hopefully there will be another time we can make that happen.
    skip

4. Jar Jar

Jar Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 1998
    I don;t watch channel six so I missed it. I've been on six and ten a few times now because of prequel and SE stuff though and I got a few of them on tape. Your best chance to get your stuff is to go here and see if they put the story on their site. If they didn't (which they don't often do, btw) your SOL. Hope you enjoyed your trip!

5. skip1

skip1 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    I did check out their site yesterday.no luck.
    Can you buy video tapes of news broadcasts from them?i would like to get it ,i might have to email them and find out.
    Im still hopeful somebody will have it.

Did anyone get the news footage of you online?
    theres a guy here in nashville that took the video tapes of the news and converted it.its not that clear but its neat to be able to watch it.
    i would love to come over again sometime.
    I spoke to someone working there and he said they were working on another star wars convention for the fall.
    if you have it i will come.wait that sounded familiar.
    anyway c-ya
    skip

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.