main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO News and Announcements Official thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Apr 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    I guess I'll go ahead and kick off page 2 (at least with my page settings) and make my announcement:

It looks like I have a new job for this summer and will be working at the Science Center with Dajuan! YAY!

2. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Thanks for the congrats everyone. I was a long, fun trip. I can safely say that college was much, much better than high school. I will really miss the experience. And thank you Mom for everything even though you will never read this.

And Yea Jon!! Now I will have someone new to waste time and avoid work with! :D I'm so very excited. My best bud working we me!!

3. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I have to send a bit fat congratulations out to one of my best friends for getting a job at the SLSC. That's right, Jon (VoijaRisa) is now employed with me!! [:D] :D Yea Jon!!

Also did everyone catch we have a bunch of new smilies?

4. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    Yeah, I noticed that a while back. Pretty cool!

5. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I have a kinda funny storm story. Anyone else have one? Post it here.

My story:
    My story isn't so scary as funny. I made it through the storm all right. I was home alone all weekend, so I had to drag all four kitties and my dog downstairs when the sirens went off. Two of the cats are mortal enemies, and another cat and the dog hate each other as well. I had to usher the two downstairs kitties downstairs, put the dog on a leash, grab the cat who hates the dog and wrap her in a blanket so she couldn't see the dog and shove the other kitty in a kennel. I spent a tense hour downstairs afraid my roof would cave in and the animals would kill one another. Luckily the basement is my room, so it wasn't so bad, my toys were safe.

Two hours later I was in the Tub, soaking the night away. The storm was long over, so I thought everything was fine. DarthTrader (Eric) called me and wanted to come over to grab something. I was kinda mad, cause I had to get out of the tub (I'm famous for 2 hour baths). I called Randy to crab about it when the lights go out. I was on the cordless phone so I start yelling to Randy even though as soon as the lights went out, so did the phone. Little known fact, I am totally afraid of the dark. Tough old Dajuan is afraid of the dark. Well, I grab my towel a lighter from my dirty pants pocket (I had it because of the earlier threats of no lights) and run to the living room caller id to get Randy's number (he wasn't at home). Well, that ID didn't work because it plugs into the wall. Finally Randy calls me back and I talk to him all crazy like.

But now I was stuck. I am wearing nothing but a towel, and I have Eric coming over in a few minutes. I had three options, I could either face the scary dark basement to get new clothes, greet Eric in nothing but a towel, or just suck it up and wear dirty undies. Well, the dark and my modesty were more important than dirty undies, so I wore dirty undies. Finally Eric came over and we drank Margaritas until the lights came back on. Thank God he came over I don't know what I would have done otherwise.

6. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I have a Statistics program from the 10th to the 18th of July. I'm going to DC for that week, so I will be not as available. I am planning on grabbing a computer to take with me, but I don't know my level of free time there yet. Thus I might not be on here as much as usual. If anyone needs me feel free to call or email me. I will have my cell on me at all times (I get email through my cell as well).

I hope you don't get into trouble while I'm gone. I'd hate to have a bad report from Tabee! All kidding aside, I'll really miss all of you that week. Going to a strange city all by myself is very scary, even if it is for stats.

7. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    We will miss you too Dajuan! :( Have fun though.. Even if it is Stat stuff. ;)

Don't worry about us, we will behave like good little posters...

8. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Alright, today's the day! If anyone has problems email me, I will get to it as soon as I can. Remember if there is a huge problem contact Darth Jurist. She's very nice, easy to talk to, and takes care of problems quickly.

I'll miss you all!!!!! :_|

9. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    NOO!!! We will miss you Dajuan! :)

10. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    WellI thought I would haveth enet in my room, but I guess not. HAving serious withdrawals now. I'll check in when I can. Grrrrrrr, need my net!!!! ::Going crazy::

11. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Bumping...

We need to sticky this thread. ;)

12. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    and this needed bumping because....?

13. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    We can't actually sticky an existing thread, but I will add it to my sticky (if I haven't already). I really need to finish that.

14. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Well, I thought the reason for bumping would be to remind all of us that there is a thread for news stuff, so if we post something about changing the name of our group(once it gets finalized), or announcing a new GSA(don't worry, I'm not singling anyone out, seriously. :) ) it could go here instead of making a new thread for it. Just for preventing congestion. :)

15. Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi

Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2002
    That sounds good to me.

16. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    You have a good point JCF, didn't think of that (though you are singling me out there :p ). Probably could have announced the GSA thing here. I still think the name change needs its own thread. That is something I want everyone to realize is happening. I'm not sure who all checks this thread.

17. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I got news. The JC has changed its titly policy. It's not supposed to affect Fan Force at all. Nonetheless, if your title disappears for any reason let me know. I'll get it fixed.

18. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    So that means we can't have any useless titles, right? ;)

19. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Yep, but we all have realy titles so everything should be fine.

20. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    Nevermind.

21. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Hey, just an FYI I'll have limited net access tomorrow and Sunday morning. If you need me, email me. Any big problems I direct you to VoijaRisa (though I'm visitning him so he might be away a lot too) or directly to out RSA's DarthJurist or Krash.

Behave you!

22. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    You know Dajuan... you should warn me before you go and heap responsibility on me....

::waits for PM box to fill up::

23. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Sorry, would have told you but you were playing games all day.

BTW I'm back now.

24. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Check out thissite about breast cancer awareness. It's Star Wars Chicks

They have a cute little pin for sale for $10, proceeds going to help with breast cancer. I already ordered mine. Considering ordering a second. Supplies are limited, thoug it'd be great to see them sell out!

Also I'm wondering how many of you read this thread. Post something in here if you read this.

25. KOB

KOB Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 22, 2004
    Something....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.