main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO News and Announcements Official thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Apr 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi

Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2002
    I don't know how to read :(

Just kidding, really I am.

I read it.

2. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    You know I read almost everything on these boards. ;)

3. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    I read all the threads, even if they bore me to tears. :D

4. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    From the CR boards:

Alcohol, Drinking and Fan Force.

Policy:

Users are prohibited from promoting alcohol or drinking, either on the boards or at official Fan Force events.

Guidelines/ Comments:

The above policy reflects the ?family friendly? goal of Fan Force and TF.N in general. ?Promoting? is considered endorsing or supporting drunkenness, or otherwise encouraging people to drink. Legal drinking age will be determined by location of chapter/event.

On the Boards:
    Users may mention drinking or alcohol, but not to the extent that it crosses over to ?promoting? alcohol. For example, users cannot post about how to get drunk, how much fun it is to be drunk, or post in a manner that mimics being drunk. However, mentioning that alcohol will be present at a Fan Force event, what kind of drinks will be available, and occasional comments regarding favorite drinks are acceptable, provided it is done in moderation. The point is that alcohol may be mentioned on the boards, but should not the focus of discussion. To that end, threads solely dedicated to discussing drinking or alcohol are generally not allowed, but cantina threads are acceptable because the focus is generally on the social aspect. Please keep in mind that because many of the above comments are subjective in nature, whether or not a user or thread is ?promoting? alcohol will determined on a case-by-case basis, and will take into consideration the history of the club or user.

Fan Force Events:
    All official Fan Force events should be open to users of all ages. Accordingly, official Fan Force events should not be held at locations where under-aged members could not attend (ie, a bar or other age restrictive location). Chapters are not prohibited from having alcohol at events, but non-drinking members should not be made to feel uncomfortable or in any way compelled to drink. And naturally, under-aged drinking should not be tolerated. The main idea is that your official ?Chapter meetings? shouldn?t be synonymous with ?drinking binge?.

We got that? We are in the clear with everything we've been mentioning and doing. I just thought I'd share this with all of you anyway.

5. Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi

Jul 2, 2002
    NEWS ANNOUNCMENT.

Actor/Activist Christopher Reeve has passed away at the age of 52.

Best known as Superman,he was and always will be remembered for his willingness to never give up hope.

Although he played a hero on screen,he was also a hero in real life. He will always be with us in memory and spirit.

My prayers and condolences are with his family.

6. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    I saw that last night and it left me pretty depressed. Christopher Reeve was my first movie star crush when Superman came out. I had always hoped that he would get better.

7. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Caught that this morning. :(

8. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    That is very sad. Rodney Dangerfield died a few days ago too. :(

9. Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi

Jul 2, 2002
    Janet Leigh also died about a week or so ago.

10. DarthShoey

DarthShoey Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2003
    They say it always happens in three's

11. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    Some baseball player died too.

I wish the OPPM would.

12. DarthShoey

Oct 28, 2003
    Oh yeah, BTW, I'm back. Cabo was an absolute blast! I'm telling you, if you ever have a chance to go, just do it. Don't ask questions!!! White sands sure make a tan look nice!

Rented some waverunners one afternoon and finally went parasailing. That was truly a great experience. It's so quiet up there.

Saw Sammy Hagar, great show. Kenny Chesney (sp), (some country singer) was there and got up there with Sammy for a couple of songs. As did Micheal Anthony from Van Halen and Chad Kroger from NickelBack.

They said you couldn't take pictures inside, but I snapped a couple anyway. (Fight the Power!!!!) Hope they turn out!!!!!

Sometimes the X-ray machines at the airport screw 'em up.

13. Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi

Jul 2, 2002
    Hey, if they turn out can you post them?

That trip sounds like the best, are you planning on going back again?

14. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Welcome back!
    Sounds like you had a lot of fun. I didn't know the X-Ray stuff could ruin the film... Post pics if you can! ;)

15. DarthShoey

Oct 28, 2003
    I'm challenged when it comes to posting pics, but maybe I can send to our wonderful CR and she can put them up. (Hint, hint MS. Dajuan.) Should have them back in a day or two, hopefully.

And yes, the Mrs. and I are planning on going back in two years!!

16. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Just get them on the computer somehow, even if it's on a CD and I'll handle the rest.

Glad you had such a great time, though we missed you here. Had to cancel the beer meeting cause of you. (Not really, cancled for other reasons, but that made you feel good didn't it)

17. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
  18. Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi

Jul 2, 2002
    Great!

I hope you both have even more fun the next time you go.

Glad you're back!

19. DarthShoey

Oct 28, 2003
    Dajuan - check your yahoo account. Hope I did it right.

20. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Yahoo, :p now I have to open that account.

21. DarthShoey

Oct 28, 2003
    Lo siento, senorita.

22. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Esta bien. Tango los photos. Fue muy largo. Los photos son aqui!

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/JediDajuan/Tims%20Mexio%20Picturas/Timpic4.jpg]

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/JediDajuan/Tims%20Mexio%20Picturas/Timpic3.jpg]

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/JediDajuan/Tims%20Mexio%20Picturas/Timpic2.jpg]

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/JediDajuan/Tims%20Mexio%20Picturas/Timpic1.jpg]

Todos son muy bonita!

You get to explain them.

23. DarthShoey

Oct 28, 2003
    The second pic from the top is Land's End. You might have seen "El Arco" in pictures before. (It's the arch there) It's the southern most tip of Baja California. The others are of the same area. I snapped them while up in the air parasailing.

It's the Gulf of California/Sea of Cortez side.

I though I sent one of me on a jet ski... knew I couldn't get it right on the first try.

I'll try to send a couple more in a bit.

Thank you Dajuan - I owe you one junior!

24. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Dos mas!

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/JediDajuan/Tims%20Mexio%20Picturas/Timpic5.jpg]

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/JediDajuan/Tims%20Mexio%20Picturas/Timpic6.jpg]

Now that's two you owe me ;)

25. Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi

Jul 2, 2002
    It looks beautiful there.

That's amazing!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.