main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA News and reviews on Toys and Collectibles!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by jedi_master_sal, Jun 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Is the bootleg the one where Qui looks like an angry samurai with a red lightsaber?

And yes, please detail :) This thread has been very very very slow.

2. TRADMIC

TRADMIC Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2005
    I'm not sure how I feel about the Star Wars transformers. When I first saw them in the store I just stared at them, feeling the confusion, shifting uncomfortably...

We got the Vader giant flying disk for the summer kids program where I work. Today was the third time in two weeks I was called upon to scale the wall and get it off the roof.
    Next time it goes up there, it's mine. This I vowed.

3. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I have the Vader one and I really didn't like it. I'm not too fond of character specific ones. I say if they plan to make maore just use the vehicles from the GFFA as Alt Modes for Transformers from the regular lineup of characters. I think a Prime Bulk Cruier could be cool or a Megatron Deathstar (sticking with the weapon type object theme).

4. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    I like the SW transformers. There is a weird set of them that I saw at K-mart. Small versions, but it was SW VS. Transformers. Some of the original Transformer robots to do battle against SW transformers. What a strange cross over . . .

I finally got my "Galatic Hunt" mail-in George Lucas figure. It looks very spiffy, although it is a young Lucas (kinda reminds me a bit of GI Joe) Annoyingly, the package got bent in the mail and there is a nasty white crease on the plastic outer case (although the cardback figure is fine)

5. Earthbound_Misfit

Earthbound_Misfit Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2004
    About the lucas mail-away... here's a little tidbit of info...

Hasbro changed the rules for this promotion.

*NOW* you can send in ANY five of the little foil stickers in order to
    get your lucas figure. (many of us anal-retentive-types bought
    the BIKER-SCOUT figures in multiples -- so Hasbro didnt get near as
    many mail-in requests as expected.) Now ANY combination of sticers will
    do.

I might add, that TARGET stores have been clearancing these figures for
    $3 a piece, so now you could have your George figure for as little as $20.

(p.s. it seems that you still need at least one LUKE figure, because thats
    the only one which has the redemption certificate paperwork. Keep this in
    mind)

-Dave

Oh, and I like the transformers too. If anyone sees the big MILLENIUM-FALCON
    box *WITH* a pair of bonus TITANIUM ships in front, plz let me know (the ones
    WITHOUT the bonus figs are everywhere. But if I hear about where the bonus
    paks are, ill return the ones I got already, and trade up. I want the little
    gold titanium ships)

6. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    These Dashboard Drivers look very funny! I want! I wonder if they can be found anyplace other than Walmart.

7. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    I finally got my Qui-Gon from Sideshow collectables. Happy Sigh. Its a fantastic sculpt. This is one of the few times I can't decide to take it from the box or not.

For now its still in the box, sitting on top of my Qui-shrine.

8. Earthbound_Misfit

Oct 26, 2004
    The dashboard drivers made a quick appearance at walmarts (on an endcap
    NOT in toys and not in automotive, but in HOUSEWARES). Needless to say, the
    two endcaps I saw sold out quick, and havent been seen since.

BUT, the new StarWars Christmas Ornament offerings are already out at some
    TARGET stores (*cough* *cough* *MONROEVILLE* *cough*), and the dashboard
    drivers are right along side with them. $6.99 ea, I believe.

I got one, and its kinda cool. It triggers one of 10 phrases whenever
    you hit any bump, or hit the brake hard. With the roads around me, the thing
    never shuts up. 8-P 3PO has the best 'car' phrases.

-D

Also, for you goth SW enthusiasts with young toddlers... CLICK HERE. Its soooooo cute!

9. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    So, anyone get anything interesting lately?

10. Earthbound_Misfit

Oct 26, 2004
    The new Galactic Heros are hitting shelves at both Walmart and Target. The
    latest wave have a bith musician, hammerhead, darth maul on a speederbike,
    Obi & Durge. The next wave has a jedi luk & Vader with removable helmet.

In two weeks my sister & hubby are coming into town to become godparents
    for little Anna. She's being baptized on March 10th. They have two boys
    of their own (2&5) who love the Galactic Heros. I predict a massive
    GH opening party that weekend. ;-)

11. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    Ooh! I need to find a Hammerhead galactic hero! I love those guys. That the first SW item I've been excited about in a long time. :)

12. Rebojazz

Rebojazz Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2006
    I'm waiting for the Ralph McQuarrie line to come out. I'm also debating on whether to get his new book... $$$. I was looking at some of the book samples and it looks awesome! The signed sheepskin leatherbound version is only $750 :D

13. TRADMIC

Jul 24, 2005
    Star Wars vs Transformers

:rolleyes: No, no, it's not more Star Wars Transformers. Now it's Star Wars VS. Transformers

Now I loved the Transformers and all, but please, at least pit them against some super battle droids, destroyers, JK's, whatever.

It's like there's no creativity in play anymore. What, I need a toy company to tell me what would make a good match-up? Heck, just last week on my upstairs desk there was a decent showdown between a 12" Megatron, Raphael, Ep1 Obi Wan, Luke, Lion-O, and Skeltor.

:D

14. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    What were the teams or was it just a free for all? Who won? If Raphael and Obi teamed up together, my money is on them.

Have folks checked out the post office's info on the new SW stamps. Voting on which stamp will be chosen (I like the R2 and Leia) I can't wait for these to come out.

15. TRADMIC

Jul 24, 2005
    Megatron is very big, whereas the others are regular sized action figures. What happened was that Megatron stormed down the desk like he was Godzilla or something. The others ganged up to rescue my desk. Eventually a lightsaber got thrust into his neck and he collaped. It was a team effort though.

The stanos look so cool, but I don't know...just to collect them? I have very few things still in boxes. I'm not cut out to be a collector.

Maybe I'll use them to mail some nerdy vacation postcards!

:)

16. Rebojazz

Dec 11, 2006
    I can just see... Cybertron vs. the Death Star! Does Hasbro have nothing else better to do?

17. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    After many months of being on the wagon (saving up for CIV) I have fallen off. A co-worker told me that there were a bunch of Star Wars things in the dollar section of Target. So I went to check it out and ended up spending a little bit more than a dollar. But oh, what lovely stuff!

All the Target dollar stuff I saw was either Yoda or Vader decorated. There were very nice gift bags, with heavy plactic handles that snapped close. Small notebooks. Colored pencils. Small colored markers. Small drink bottles with a plastic bag like sleeve that had the Yoda or Vader design. Ink pens. A wallet (I only found a Yoda one, but it seems that if there had been more than one, most likely a Vader version would have existed) I got myself some and stuff for the kids and some stuff for Banquet doorprizes.

Since I was in Target anyway I had to check out the toy section. I got the collector coin book with Vader figure, Obi with the collector coin, a couple of unleashed battle scenes (Tuskens, Jawas, Han & Greedo) and five of the six 'Order 66' collection figures (two figures - one primary and one back up character, mostly troopers-- in a clear plastic cylander: Yoda, Obi, Palpy, Mace, and Vader. Don't know who the sixth figure is)

Since I was out anyway, I stopped at Toys R Us, which had almost nothing. But I did find a very nice Vader head pinata. I was too short to reach it from the hook it was hanging from, so I had to ask this nice tall lady to get it down from me. (Then I had a nice little conversations with the lady's charming little girl about what it was her mommy had gotten down for me :) )

*grin* Now that I've got my fix, I'm going to try to go back on the wagon until CIV. Although that Harrison Ford auction is very, very tempting. [face_laugh]

18. Earthbound_Misfit

Oct 26, 2004
    LOL! And let me guess... If it were Liam instead of Harrison, you'd have
    already kissed off C4 (and taken out a 2nd mortgage) ;-)

Just for fun, if you *did* win 'Lunch with Han Solo', who wouldja take?
    (you're allowed ONE guest)

-EBM

BTW, for those into Galactic Heros. That next wave JUST hit stores this
    week. There's a Luke&UnhelmetedVader, Snaggletooth, DeathStarGunner,
    and Leia&HanInCarbonite sets. The Leia&Han set is my favorite of the wave.
    Found at TARGET stores.

19. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    *grin* Easy, I'd take my old Padawan, Stina-Cri, because if I remember correctly, someone once mocked her, saying she would never get Harrison's autograph.

So, who would the rest of you take as your guest, if you won the Lunch with Harrison Ford?

20. Earthbound_Misfit

Oct 26, 2004
    Hmm, I hate to rain on the fantasy, but Im pretty sure the auction says that
    you're only spending time with him. No pics, no autographs, no souvaneirs !
    You cant even have his used toothpick after lunch (+). I think
    this is meant to be a 'memory-only' personal experience.

Oh, and Id take my son, Andy, who yunz met at C3.

(+) Whaddaya think Harrison Ford's USED TOOTHPICK would fetch on eVILbay?

21. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Gack. No autographs or pics. And what else? Does the person who wins have to pay for lunch, too? How not cool. For that chunk of change the least Ford could do was allow some pics of him taken with the fanboy crazy enough to pay that much money for two hours of Ford's time.

22. Earthbound_Misfit

Oct 26, 2004
    Final bid was a tidy $13,000. Placed by an anonymous (but longtime) ebay-er.
    He/She sniped it out from under the bidder who was leading unchallenged going
    into the last hour. Sniped with under 30 seconds left in the auction.

Oh, and a closer reading of the T&Cs says no autographs,souveniers for
    auction and/or commencial purposes
    . I.E. He would signed a couple
    personal things just for you.

23. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Now you tell me he was willing to sign personal autographs. Heck, if I had know that, I would have been willing to go up to 15 grand. [face_laugh]

24. TRADMIC

Jul 24, 2005
    These coin things are getting a bit ridiculous. See this is why I'm not a collector. Well, that and I open all my toys. :D

Btw I totally changed my opinion of Star Wars Transformers once I played with mine. In battle, there were many instances when transforming into a sleek ship was advantageous. I'll explain some other time.

:D

25. Rebojazz

Dec 11, 2006
    I agree with you! I think they are running out of cool ideas for new stuff. I haven't even thought of buying any.

I've never handled any of the Transformers. I thought the idea was too goofy. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.