main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA News and reviews on Toys and Collectibles!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by jedi_master_sal, Jun 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    12 in Count Dooku, Zam Wessel, and the Super Battle Droid are available from www.toysrus.com

I paid $67.23 TOTAL this includes tax+shipping/handling. Not bad considering the figs are going to sell retail for $19.99 plus tax. Yeah, I paid about $2.50 more than I could have if I waited for them in the store but the DOOKU is supposed to be hard to get from the stores, so while I was ordering him I figured what the heck and ordered the others.

BTW, the Dooku looks awesome!

Info on the Ultimae Collector contest:

Go to this link:

http://starwars.hasbro.com/bountyhunter/sweeps/collector_ultimate_rules.cfm

this will get you to the rules page.

Good luck. You're gonna need it.

2. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
  3. Saberpilot

Saberpilot Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Do any of you here know if the episode one clash of the lightsabers game is worth anything? I picked it up from an arcade in NJ and haven't opened it yet just in case. Any ideas?

4. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Rox, here is more info on that clone you want:

This 1/7 scale pre-painted soft vinyle model kit is exclusive to Japan so if you are wanting one, your best bet will be some online stores. Suggested retail price is $75.00 (USD). It was scheduled for release later this month. Also available is Darth Vader and Anakin Skywalker will be available soon. You can see pictures of these from our (www.sirstevesguide.com) Tokyo Toy Show 2002 coverage HERE.

Kotobukiya 1/7 Scale Clone Trooper Boxed

and yes, I got this info from SSG.

5. jedi_1966

jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 31, 2001
    Saberpilot,I would say that the Clash of Lightsabers game,being still mostly available,will still carry the same price (or something very close to it) you picked it up for.

6. Saberpilot

May 16, 2002
    Okie dokies. In other words, rip open the box (looks at people staring, mouthing NRFB! NRFB!!)
    AND PLAY! YAY!!!!

7. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    NFRB :D I almost always immediately remove from box. Toys are meant to be played with

The only exception is my Jorg Sacul figures.

8. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    I just received the 12in Ki-Adi Mundi from the Official Fan Club (to which this is an exclusive). He's SHA---WEET!

Resonably priced at $24.99. I ordered two, so I got free shipping. Free shipping is for orders over $40 I believe.

I am patiently awaiting my Count Dooku, Super Battle Droid and Zam Wessel 12in that I ordered through www.toysrus.com and will let you know what I think of them as soon as I get them.

I don't usually order online but in these cases it was worth it for a few reasons.
    1) exlusivity makes them scarce
    2) availabilty (limited production run) again makes them scarce.
    3) customer demand-same as above.

While I know that the Super Battle Droid and Zam will probably be easy to, I included them with the Dooku order for convience and cost. The 12in Dooku is probably going to be very HTF (hard-to-find) so that is the biggest reason for ordering him online.

Well good luck to all, in your respective hunts for toys, hope this info has been of some help.

9. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I just received the 12in Ki-Adi Mundi from the Official Fan Club (to which this is an exclusive). He's SHA---WEET!

Sal hate to burst your bubble, but they are available to anyone now. Doesn't that piss you of when they do crap like that. :mad:

10. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Rox, if you mean they are available to anyone who calls the fan club I'm quite aware of that. I meant it's exclusivity to the fan club. As far as I know that hasn't changed. It isn't supposed to be selling in retail stores in other words. If so, good. I hope every collector who wants one get one.

On another note, I received my 12in Dooku, Zam, and Super Battle Droid and they're awesome as well. Dooku is fantastic. All the hype about his sculpt lives up to what people have made it out to be. The Super Battle Droid is cool. They (hasbro) added battle damage that I think they could have left out but still not bad. My two small complaint about this fig is that they added a copper tint to some parts of the droid and also the articulation of the right arm. (It doesn't twist to accomadate the firing action, like it did in the movie). Zam has been taughted (SP?) as a dud, well let me say that IMO people are wrong. Zam looks great. While not looking like the actress neccessarily (which is typical of Hasbro) she still looks good. Two Major complaints though, 1) her arms have insufficient articulation, so she can't hold the rifle, and 2) Her arms should be covered in cloth in stead of the molded purple plastic that they are. Still some of the other accessories are quite remarkable in detail and I give this one a thumbs up.

P.S. I'll bring these all to the next meeting so everyone can see for themselves.

11. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    NEW news as of 9/5/02

Target has announced two new accessory sets?

Clone Trooper? Comes with a clonetrooper whos helmet and some other armor comes off and the speederbike from the CUT scene. Very cool about it, is that the speederbike fits into the soon to be released Republic ship.

Geonosian Warrior?this one includes a GEO warrior with the "pulse" gun and a POD that it apparently comes out of.

Be on the look out for the newest fan choice figure Ephant Mon as he is starting to ship. The newest wave of figs should bee in stores by the end of this month/early next.

well that's all for now

GOOD LUCK?Your gonna need it.

12. karateyoda17

karateyoda17 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2002
    Actually Sal those are deluxe figures not acessory sets :p . There will also be more deluxe sets like a force flipping anakin, a kamino jango fett, kamino obi wan, C-3PO (which is out just not here) and yoda w/ super battle droid which is out aswell just not here yet.

13. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    I deleted the post that I origianlly put in here. So there's nothing to see here.

Move along...move along...

Waves stormtrooper armored arm.

14. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    These are not the collectables you are looking for.

[face_mischief]

15. Saberpilot

May 16, 2002
    These are not the collectables I was looking for (goes into daze).

16. Big_Daddy_Payne

Big_Daddy_Payne Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2002
    *Pats Saberpilot gently on the head*

Oh great. Greencat and Sal confuzzled my padawan again...

17. karateyoda17

karateyoda17 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2002
    Guys from what I have heard count dooku/tyrannus and mace windu unleashed are OUT. Mesa wantin SOOOOOOOo bad. Tyrannus is so bad a**.

18. Big_Daddy_Payne

Big_Daddy_Payne Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2002
    Forgive me if this has been posted already, but the Interactive R2-D2 is out in stores now, we saw it at Target for 100 bucks. Also, I saw the Cantina Sets, featuring Ponda Baba, Momaw Nadon, and Greedo. They're very nice, and not badly priced either.

19. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    The Following is information I retrieved from Hasbro.com and gives light to the newest figures due out soon.

2003 PREVIEW ? COLLECTION 2 BASIC FIGURES
    Sep 20, 2002

As promised, here?s a sneak peak at a few of the upcoming 2003 Collection 2 Basic Figures. Each Collection 2 figure has multiple points of articulation and comes with a unique accessory.

* Padmé Amidala, Droid Factory Chase, with 12 points of articulation! (?03 #4)
    * Droid 2 Pack (?03 #5) I wonder which two? Humm, might be worth investigating.
    * Tusken Raider, Tatooine Camp Ambush (?03 #6)
    * Lama Su (?03 #10) Well, at least I don't have to customize a Taun We fig like I had planned to. I just hope they get the scale right this time.
    * Aayla Secura (?03 #11) (One hottie of a Jedi, IMHO)
    * Barriss Offee (?03 #12) (Another hot Jedi, about time Lucas gets smart and puts more women in his pictures, even if some of them are just "eye candy")
    * Yoda & Padawan Jedi (?03 #15) Very interesting this is.
    * Padawan Jedi 2 Pack (?03 #16) Ah, yet more padawans. I hope these will be alien padawan children. That would be awesome. (Instead of having to customize them from the "Anakin-Naboo" fig.

go to this link for more details:

http://www.starwars.hasbro.com/bountyhunter/repnews_content.cfm?id=81

2003 PREVIEW WEEK ? COLLECTION 1 BASIC FIGURES
    Sep 19, 2002

SEE IMAGES OF WAVE 1 of 2003 PRODUCTS...

We?ve been hard at work developing exciting new products for 2003. And over the course of the next week, we?ll give you a sneak peak at what?s coming. To get started, look for these great new Collection 1 basic figures available in stores in early 2003. Also in ?03 expect to see new Unleashed figures, and Action Fleet vehicles. We?ll be providing details on those products soon, so check back often.

Following is a list of just some of the great figures coming in 2003.

* Obi-Wan Kenobi, Acklay Battle, with spear stabbing action! (?03 #1)
    * Mace Windu, Arena Confrontation, with flexible arms for super realistic lightsaber control! (?03 #2)
    * Darth Tyranus, Geonosian Escape (?03 #3)
    * Anakin Skywalker (?03 #7)
    * Boba Fett (?03 #8)
    * R2-D2 (?03 #9)
    * Han Solo (?03 #13)
    * Chewbacca (?03 #14)

And here's a link to this information:

http://www.starwars.hasbro.com/bountyhunter/repnews_content.cfm?id=80

Thanks to Hasbro for finally putting this info up on the web.

I too have seen the cantina sets in stores and bought one of each. A must have for serious/completist collectors and for those that missed these guys the first time around.

I've seen Electronic Jango and Obi-wan at K-Mart by Century III mall. Didn't get them, as I didn't like the looks of them, also didn't like the sound of them either. (Translation: Pass on these even if your the serious collector like me.) I'm a "near-completist" and it's sub-par toys like these that keep me from being a completist.

20. Mrs_jedi_1966

Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2002
    **sitting Indian style in the corner counting my pennies**

The R2 will be mine........

Honey, this would make a lovely b-day gift..... HINT HINT HINT :D

21. Saberpilot

May 16, 2002
    anyways! It'd make a great gift for anyone.. ^_^

22. jedi_1966

jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 31, 2001
    Uummmmmmmmm.......
    we'll see...

23. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    I got the R2 on Friday and "HE" is AWESOME. Great likeness and his fuctions are cool. He's (and don't slap me upside the head for this beacause it's just a casual comparison) kinda like an astromech version of a "Furby" although he can do much more than that. Just putting him on patrol or playing "hide and go seek" provides much enjoyment and entertainment.

I'll be bringing him to the meeting so everyone can take a gander. I don't know if i'll actually turn him on though since his hearing is finely attuned and any noise he hears he reacts to. Only one order can be given at a time so if (Like what usually happens) too many people are talking at once, we won't be able to get him to do what we want. We'll see, If you all "behave" that is, ha ha J/K.

24. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Sal just asked me to let you guys know that the Toys R Us in Robinson has the Star Wars lego Pens in stock. They are $17.00 dollars a piece.

25. Saberpilot

May 16, 2002
    Awww..
    Even if its abilities are not very many in number, I still think that an R2 would be cute. ^_^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.