main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA News and reviews on Toys and Collectibles!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by jedi_master_sal, Jun 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthDahc

DarthDahc Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 4, 2002
    Sorry bout the last post but Greencat I agree toys are to be played with, I even glues my anakin final dules are on necause I needed to play!
    Borders in monroeville is sellign a C-3po set wiht a book on him and a Aurra Sing one also for 20 PICK IT UP!

2. karateyoda17

karateyoda17 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2002
    well whats the fun of having a glued armed anakin? OMG If my figures were all glued, such as jangos head, anakins arm, zams arm and pondas arm, I would cry. I need my gore.

3. DarthDahc

Sep 4, 2002
    Well you see if I am playing with them there arm comes off real easy and quick so in order to play I need it glued

4. DarthDahc

Sep 4, 2002
    They are making a Mark Hamill Simpsons toy! He comes in his jedi stuff and with a sabre

5. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Darth Dahc, please enlighten us as to where you found that information.

Thanks.

6. MetalliJedi

MetalliJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2002
    Well good news is headed for us all.
    There is a cantina set series 2 which includes DrEvazan (I dont like you), wuher, and some guy named Kitik'Keedkak who is all in all a giant praying mantis is a skirt, and yes "it" is in the cantina

http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=151&zoneid=2

Look pretty cool to me, also great news for people who love wierd droids and jawas like myself, there is going to be a sandcrawler toy complete with exclusive droid and jawa.

http://www.galactichunter.com/photo.asp?image=toy_images/sandcrawlersample1.jpg

Also there is a AWESOME classic set of the trash compactor scene coming. It will be 2 sets of 2 figures. The 1st being Luke skywalker and hans solo is stormtrooper gear fighting the diagona (is that the name of the thing) and the 2nd is chewbacca and Princess Leia trying to stop the compacting doors. They are walmart exclusives

http://www.artoosnews.com/images2002/compactor1.jpg

http://www.artoosnews.com/images2002/compactor4.jpg

And finally there are 2 new speeders planned, anakin skywalker with swoop and count dooku with geonosian speeder.

http://www.artoosnews.com/images2002/dookuspeeder.jpg

http://www.artoosnews.com/images2002/anakinspeeder.jpg

7. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Thanks for that update Josh. (actually this was to be part of my update for this week but Josh beat me to it , no big deal)\

About the Sandcrawler though, you may want to NOT hold your breath. I have heard tell that although it has been planned it may not see production, YET.

The speeders Josh mentioned are not planned to be out until the begining of next year. I deliberately held this back since there is already a shiPload of stuff coming out in the next couple of months.

On another note, it has been rumored that the Simpsons toy line may be producing a Mark Hamill (Simpsons) figure, dressed like he was in the show with a lightsaber to boot. This has not been confirmed and as of this report has only been a rumor and more specifically only on the "wish list" of the people of the Simpsons to be created. Still that would be awesome, especially since I collect them (Simpsons) as well.

The trash compactor sets look awesome and can be linked together. It will make for a great diorama.

12in Zam, Dooku, Super Battle droid have been popping up all over at local Wal*Marts in our area.

Republic Gunship has been sighted in Eastern PA but to date none in our area yet. If anyone says they have as of this writing, they probably got it through the internet and had it shipped.

Still good luck and happy hunting.

8. jedi_1966

jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 31, 2001
    Yeah,we have the 3 newest 12' figs,even all the way out here,and even the I/A R2 but I wanna know where the other UNLEASHED figs are!

9. Big_Daddy_Payne

Big_Daddy_Payne Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2002
    The funniest part of this? That last Josh post WASNT josh at all. That was Max. Josh had used Max's computer and forgot to log off. LOL

10. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    The following figures have been sighted in PA.

Padme Coruscant attack (Naboo pilot)
    Tusken w/Massiff
    Clone Pilot!!!!!!! (Yeah I really want this one bad)
    Watto
    Flying Geonosian (Different than the one released on 4/23)
    Anakin Tatooine attack

No reports of Lott Dodd or Ephant Mon yet.

Good luck.

I actually picked up the Padme yesterday and the figure is cool. Glad of the knee articulation.

12in Dengar and Zuckuss are available as pre-orders on ToysRUs.com for $22.99 ea plus shipping.

11. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Where was the Padme?? WANT Padme in a decent outfit (I'm neither guy nor lesbian so the whole crop top look was lost on me). Also need a male Tuskan for the nephew. As of now he has the female one, but says 'I'm pretending its a boy' I decided not to make any comments to him about cross-dressing Tuskens as he is only 5. [face_devil]

12. DarthDahc

Sep 4, 2002
    The mark hamill simpsons toy is in the newest toyfare out take a look its really cool!

13. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Padme was at the KB's at The Mall at Robinson. There were only two. I got one and left the other. (if I'd have known GC that you wanted it I would have got it) The male Tusken is actually the EXACT same as the Tusken desert sniper figure that came out two years ago, as well as the massiff is the same as the one that came with the goenosian warrior. Basically two pegwarmers repacked to try and sell.

GC, I might actually have an extra Tusken male, if so do you want him. He will probably be loose w/weapon and not MOC (Mint on Card).

14. jedi_1966

jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 31, 2001
    I'm pretty sure I'd read this somewhere on TF.N's collecting forum so PLEASE tell it ain't so...that the Unleashed line has been cancelled...
    ***stepping back and whispering to self "no no no please no" ***

15. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    I can neither confirm or deny the cancellation of the Unleashed line. I looked for this in the TF.N collecting forum and couldn't find it. I will investigate this.

On another note, The 12 in. Luke w/Tauntaun is in stock at TRU and retails for $60+tax. I picked this up last weekend forgot to mention this. Tauntaun looks great, still need a better Luke 12in sculpt but this one has cuts and bruises on him to denote the wampa attack. Also inside the box on the side panel is a picture of the Wampa himself, coming after Luke. (Very cool)

Coming from a reliable source, TRU has plans to pull pegwarmers and replace them with (BIG gasp of breath) new stock!
    If you haven't been able to find the newest wave yet, starting around the 15th you should. TRU is sending back to Hasbro much of what they have been unable to sell, only keeping figures that have been sellingw and mag space for he newest wave. So be on the look-out for the clonepilot, Jango pilot, Padme pilot (Hey what's up with all the pilots? J/K) Ephant Mon is to ship in November and is rumored to be a short pak if you fd himg h. (f you see more than onee please get it for your friendly neighborhood T/C council member, and he will be very grateful to you and of course will buy it from you. Sorry, couldn't help the self plug) Also look for the Republic Gunship (LAAT/i) it should retail for $40 and you will need to get two pilots to complete the set, as it does not come with the gunner station but are the pack-in items with the clonepilots.

Happy Hunting
    as always
    MTFBWY!

16. Big_Daddy_Payne

Jun 2, 2002
    Does anyone know if the new Darth Maul figure has been seen in stores yet? It's the one of his Ep1 outfit, only lined in red.

17. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    He's is rumored to be out but I haven't seen him in local stores yet. And ask GreenCat, I laid out my toy "hunt" schedule to her. She knows I'm out there quite a bit.

Dan, when I find one do you want me to pick it up for you or just call and let you know? If you want me to call then please PM me your correct cell number.

This offer of calling about new or hot releases pertaining to SW toys is extended to anyone in the greater metro Pittsburgh area in the club. Just PM me your number and what you want me to look out for.

18. Lando_Da_Pimp

Lando_Da_Pimp Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    I saw the new Darth Maul figure at Eide's the other day along with the new padme and Anakin. Of course they were marked up to $20.

19. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    I'll refrain on making comments about Eide's other than to point out that, yes they usually have figures earlier than anyone else but also that they overprice them (and I'm being VERY nice when I say it like that) I understand that Eide's can't compete with the likes of say TRU, Wal*Mart or Target and get the bulk rate but sheesh, when, if you can wait two weeks why would you pay 2-3-4 times more for a fig? Okay I made comments. I'm allowed. I just stated the obvious. Their prices are higher because they can't get the bulk rate and they are capitolizing on consumer demand.

That's the way America runs, good old capitolism. (I'd just as soon ...wait for the retailers to get them.) Bet you thought I was gonna say ....kiss a wookie...

I'm off of work tomorrow so I won't be back on the boards til Mon 10/14. Have a great weekend everyone.

20. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Well, the new line is out. Over the past week to two, I have picked up two republic gunships; 1 each of the following figs: Anakin/Tattoine Attack, Darth Maul/Sith Apprentice, Tusken w/Massif (Actually got 2-one for Greencat), Lott Dod, Watto; Action fleet Dooku Solar Sailer, battle damaged Naboo fighter. And Greencat found an Action Fleet AT-TE for me.

All good finds generally but no Clone pilots yet.

I found the first Rep Gunships at TRU in Robinson, the figures at KB at the Waterfront and the second Rep gunship and action fleet at Wal*Mart by Century III mall. Oh, yeah and the Acklay was there as well. I already have one (since late August I think) but still if you need one try there or at your local Wal*Marts. They generally all get the same product at the same time, just maybe in different quantities.

Okay, so here are the reviews on the recent purchases:

Republic Gunship: One word-AWESOME There are so many things to say about this so I'll just bring one to the Halloween party and play "show and tell" suffice it to say that this is my favorite AOTC toy to date.

Anakin/Tattoine Attack: Haven't opened him up yet but the sculpt is probably the best so far. Still not 100% accurate but good. Comes with Gaffi stick, weapons rack. Good buy.

Darth Maul/Sith Apprentice: OOH, this isn't just another Darth Maul variation. He has RED trim on the outfit that looks much better than his EPI outfit. To bad that outfit didn't make it into the movie. Definitly a good buy.

Tusken w/Massif: As mentioned before this is the same Massiff, and, also the same Tusken (Packaged previously as "Tusken Desert Sniper") If you just need Tusken filler this is a good one. If you already have it and/or the massiff that came with the geonosian then I would recommend passing on it.

Lott Dod: Finally! We collectors have been waiting for this old codger of a Neimodian for two+ years. Looks good nice sculpt. Good buy

Watto: Okay, at first I didn't like the idea of having "motion captured wings" on this figure but have come to like it. The effect looks like Watto has three pairs of wings coming out of his back instead of one. Still nice sculpt. definite good buy.

Action fleet Dooku Solar Sailer: PU something stinks at Hasbro and this is where the trail ended! It's not movie accurate, has clumsy clear plastic pieces and just is plain awful. Bad sculpt not enough detail. Unless you like wasting you hard earned money don't get this thing. Maybe Hasbro will redeem itself and put out a figure scale one that looks better....maybe.

Action fleet battle damaged Naboo fighter: Not really any different than the EPI Naboo fighter, still not bad. Okay buy.

Action Fleet AT-TE: This I have not seen in person yet and eagerly await to. If I don't get my hands on one before the Halloween party then everyone will see it the same time as me but from what I've seen on the web, this one is a keeper. Incidentally this is my favorite vehicle from EPII and I have high hope for this toy and desperately hope Hasbro puts out a figure scale toy of this precursor to the AT-AT. BTW AT-TE means All Terrain-Tactical Enforcer. Now that's a name to be feared!

Well kiddies good luck on your respective hunts! I'll be on the hunt tonight and hope to find more new and exciting things to report on!

As Always, MTFBWY

21. Mrs_jedi_1966

Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2002
    OM*!! Has anyone checked out the prices the interactive R2 is going for on Ebay?!?!?!?! There are some truly crazy people out there!!!! They are starting at 99.99 and up!!! Maybe he is becoming hard to find in some areas?

22. Saberpilot

Saberpilot Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    *cries* NO!!

I loved the R2.. I loved it.. (sniff)

23. Mrs_jedi_1966

Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2002
    Don't worry young padawan - Sears has it in their wish book = and wonders of wonders = your master has a Sears card [face_devil] I will have the R2.......hahahhahahhahahaha.....I will!!

24. Big_Daddy_Payne

Jun 2, 2002
    Finally saw some of the new figures today...

I got my Apprentice the Jango Fett Slave 1 Pilot figure, and myself the Darth Maul Sith Training figure. Very nice sculpt on Maul, one of the best versions of him theyve done yet. Jango looks nice, but IMO, how many damn versions of one figure in the SAME OUTFIT can you make? I love Jango, but this should REALLY be the last figure for both he AND Maul.

25. Saberpilot

Saberpilot Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    *smiles*
    Master, you work wonders! ^_^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.