main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

V.C, CA News from up North.

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by marmakecam, Oct 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marmakecam

marmakecam Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    You can see the pics of Kelsey in costume here.

2. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    Wow! THAT IS SO COOL! She looks awesome.

:~)

She looks like she's the perfect shape/size/coloring for the gowns.

Though, I'm surprised at which gowns they selected. Except for the picnic gown, I wouldn't say these are the most recognizable by the average non-serious SW fan.

EDIT: OK, and now I want lots of details. :~) Tell her to post, soon, pleeaaaaaaaaaase!

3. YoungJedi11

YoungJedi11 Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
    Yeah, that's awesome, she looks amazing. I tried to call her but she didn't answer. :confused:

4. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    I'm surprised about their choices too. There are two other girls who are also going to be Padmes (I guess they're going to be on different parts of the float) and I don't know what they're going to be wearing. I think they're planning for someone to wear the really iconic red one from Episode 1. Kelsey is supposed to post all about it on her Star Wars blog soon I think.

Garrett, Kelsey says you didn't call her yesterday.

5. majiinkilljoy

majiinkilljoy Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 20, 2005
    i love the black one but it would suck wearing that in the sun all day. the price to pay for a star wars fan i guess

6. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    It's so billowy I'm sure she can like hang fans and air conditioners on the inside.

7. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    I'm more concerned about her being too cold rather than too hot. It is January afterall and she's always cold. She'd probably be most comfortable in the black one but I think they're leaning toward the picnic dress.

By the way, Kelsey blogged about her experience in her Star Wars blog, you can see it here.

I'm about to update my blog as well with the info from my perspective so you can also read about her fitting at badfeelingaboutthis.com.

8. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    Man I'm jealous. I'd wear a stupid queen dress if I got to go to the ranch.

9. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    We didn't get to stay long, Kelsey had a meeting. We're going to go back soon though!

10. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    Next time you go back, talk me up for whatever job they have open. I'm the best person in the world, remember?

11. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    They're hiring in the company store there, the little store where they sell a bunch of Star Wars stuff and Lucasfilm shirts and stuff.

12. majiinkilljoy

majiinkilljoy Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 20, 2005
    discounts on all the stuff i buy

13. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    With the weather being as it currently is, I think I'm more worried for the hot weather. It's been in the 80s-90s this past week.

14. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    I think anyone even attempting to predict the weather is going to be wrong. One day it will be unbelieveably hot, then the next will be overcast and chilly. It's just Southern California craziness at its finest.

15. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    True though knowing Kelsey she's going to be cold if it's anything under 80. If it's that hot I'm going to be very smelly and gross by the end of the 5 and a half miles.

16. OpheliaRedgrave

OpheliaRedgrave Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 1, 2004
    If anyone wants to buy me something you can buy me those heating things for sore muscles. i stick them all over me when im waiting for the bus or standing on a float. im going to be soooo cold but oh so beautiful!!!YAY

17. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    Are you guys coming down for Christmas?

18. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    I think so but it's sort of up in the air. I think I have to be in Pasadena from December 27th through January 1st (Kelsey apparently only needs to be there the 31st-1st). If we do come down early we probably won't have much free time.

19. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    My job for the parade has apparently changed. I'll now be inside the Endor float helping out. I think I'll be much happier doing that. Kelsey and I are both now scheduled to be there from the 30th of December to the 1st of January although it's possible we might get asked to come in sooner and help out with other things.

20. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Be a bit glad that Kelsey's not going on the Naboo balcony. It was a struggle to climb up those steps in street clothes! I honestly don't know how they're going to get the girl up there in the LFL dress. [face_worried]

At any rate, I look forward to seeing you both! :)

21. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    Yeah, I saw some pictures and I can imagine it would be tough. The dress they chose for Kelsey is too big too so she can hardly walk as it is! Good thing she only has a couple steps to climb.

22. OpheliaRedgrave

OpheliaRedgrave Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 1, 2004
    I will have 2 people to help me around. The arms are so long you cant see my fingers out the bottom. I think it's about 4 yards of fake fur on me. Like a standing sleeping bag...

23. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    At least you'll be warm. It's been FREEZING up there. [face_worried]

I think the most interesting thing is going to see how the heck they're going to get 3PO up onto the float. [face_laugh]

24. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    Maybe they'll have him walk up in normal clothes and then put the costume on. That seems easiest, depending on what he wears under the costume I suppose.

25. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    Oy! Maybe I'd better get thermals for under the gown...and weather.com shows a 60% chance of rain the 30th...ick!
    I'm also thinking maybe I'd better get a clear plastic poncho to wear over my costume in case of rain. I don't think the dyes would run, but the whole thing would stick to me and be very, very cold.

Maybe they'll use a crane or a forklift for 3PO. :~)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.