main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA News I love to hear

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by pacman, Apr 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pacman

pacman Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 17, 2002
    I don't know if any of you guys checked the offical site tonight, but they announced that the final visual effects shot was submitted and approved by George today!
    It's all good times from here on out!! 5 weeks!! But who's counting?

2. sacul-1138

sacul-1138 Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 9, 2000
    I saw that too. Just over 30 days now kids and we'll be watching those darn clones attack (sorry if that was a spoiler heh heh)

3. Jeremyguy

Jeremyguy Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 1998
    Clones? What? AAAGH! YOU SPOILED IT FOR ME!!!!

4. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Aunt Jar Jar Mimah Jedi Master star 5

Oct 10, 1999
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait any longer for this movie!!! It's going to be so good!

5. crutag-ventor

crutag-ventor Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    It will be a day long remembered!

6. Bryan2306

Bryan2306 Jedi Youngling

Mar 21, 2002
    I've got a quick question since you guys are talking about the Movie. Is there anything planned by this group for screenings around opening day? I wont be able to see the movie on the 16th, as I have one (not-so) midterm on the 17th...then finals start the following week.

My plan is to see AOTC once before finals on the 17th right after my midterm (about 3 in the afternoon). Seeing as Im going to be in Sac (Carmichael to be exact) I was thinking it would be cool to meet up with some of you guys, as my girlfriend will only go see the movie after I've seen it once or twice. She said "I dont want to carry around your drool bucket"...gotta love her...

7. Jeremyguy

Jeremyguy Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 1998
    Well, it looks like I'm gonna be stuck up here in Chico at that time, but a bunch of the others have been talking about catching the midnight opening day showing. I'm sure they wouldn't mind seeing it again, though.

8. Elvish_Jedi

Elvish_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 16, 2002
    what? the title has a connection with the movie? ;)
    well, bad news: my grades are still... not great.... good news: i'm probably not going on the band spring trip because of it, so i can see the movie! and i'd love to see it multiple times with anyone.

9. bright sith

bright sith Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 1999
    I am going to see the movie more than one time, so if any of you are meeting for a later showing, I'm game. I have a mid-term on exactly the 16th, but I'll probably still go to the midnight showing here in Davis.

10. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Oct 10, 1999
    Shame on you, bright sith. You should make the drive to see it with us on Arden.

Bryan, it looks like at least a small group of us will see it May 16th for the midnight showing or whatever is the first viewing (since there are rumors it won't be at midnight this time. We'll see). Then I'm sure we'll have at least a couple more dinner and AOTC and then maybe a Leatherby's ice cream and AOTC events. Heck, I saw Phantom 10 times (yeah, I know, I'm a freak. But I keep hearing about new easter eggs I wanted to see!). If enough people are interested, I'll be more than happy to post event announcements as long as it's in the theater.

I'd love to do a road trip into San Francisco for a digital screening as George intended the film too.

11. pacman

pacman Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 17, 2002
    I have a final on the 17th and i will probably have seen the movie at least twice by the time i take it. :)

By the time I'm done watching this movie the ticket cashiers at the theater will probably know me by name. Hehehe, man i can't wait for this!!!

In other news, i heard about a Visual Effects Society conference today that is being held in San Rafel in mid-june. According to the schedule they have on thier Website, they are devoting all day Sunday to AOTC, more info on the panel to come, but expect all the big wigs from ILM who worked on the film to be there, like John Knolls, Rob Coleman, Scott Squires, Etc. It's a weekend conference and individual tickets go on sale on April 15th, or you can buy a package deal for something like 300 bucks. I know i'm gonna go, have to start the whole networking and shmusing thing, and it sounds like a lot of fun! Here is the link to the site : http://www.vesfestival.org/main.html

Let me know if anyone else is interested in going, especially you VFX guys.

12. bright sith

bright sith Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 1999
    Auntie, don't tempt me! Not only do I have a mid-term that day, I also don't want to be driving from Arden to Davis after 2 am; I mean, I might be speeding, and we don't want that to happen again, do we? ;)

BTW, what are the rumors about midnight showings?

pacman, that looks pretty interesting, and the individual tickets seem pretty reasonable too.

13. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Oct 10, 1999
    Yeah, I *guess* I understand. :)

The midnight showing rumors are really sketchy. There was a report that Lucasfilm really wanted to do a one world release, so not everyone would be at midnight. It's all crazy talk though. Surely they'll soon announce the release time for everyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.