1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Adelaide (21-23rd November) | Brisbane (28th-30th November)

FF:QLD News of the Day

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by morgan-aleghieri, Sep 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grieyls FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 6
    [face_thinking] Hmmmm, might just do that...
  2. General Cargin Force Ghost

star 4
  3. morgan-aleghieri Jedi Master

star 4
    Good grief. Does anyone actually care about that sort of thing? Can't they report on giant battle robots or something? [face_plain]
  4. General Cargin Force Ghost

star 4
    Right now... I'd give my superfluous third nipple to see giant battle robots waltzing down the street.

That's how bored I am.
  5. Grieyls FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 6
    That would be a glorious day indeed to see giant battle robots walking the streets [face_mischief]
  6. General Cargin Force Ghost

star 4
    Private school kids with real street cred. Who would have thunk it?
    And the real story. As per usual, the Courier Mail stuffs it up... the formal was at some dive of a hotel. The post-formal was at the bikies clubhouse. I reckon it's a great idea - no problems with gatecrashers, and who wants to piss off a burly biker with a bad attitude?
  7. morgan-aleghieri Jedi Master

star 4
    Hogwarts works for UK school

You see, this is the sort of thing that I love about the Harry Potter series. I've always liked it because it is engaging and encourages children who might never have done so before, to read. Here the series has completely turned around a school and is encouraging children to learn. That's just awesome to me.
  8. GoobaFish Jedi Master

star 4
  9. General Cargin Force Ghost

star 4
    News of the day... Brandon's not emigrating, and kahli's not self-immolating. Even better news everyone... the Rodent looks set to be only the 2nd PM to be voted out of his own seat.
  10. morgan-aleghieri Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, the ALPs essentially in power then, and I can't say I'm jumping for joy about that... [face_thinking]
  11. Lozza Jedi Master

star 4
    Hmm, bets are on in the office for the following:

1) How long it will take Gillard to kick Rudd's butt (currently second term bets),
    2) How long until compulsory unionism returns (currenly rated as unlikely), and
    3) Whether or not we will go to the polls for a double dissolution at the end of next year (highly likely).

Yeah, I'm with Morgs on this, not really sure how to feel. Not happy with any of the above... but on the other hand sometimes some fresh air is needed and the government weren't particularly progressive...
  12. o__O Jedi Knight

star 3
    1. I have no doubt Jools wants kev's job...i doubted she would challenege him until closer to the end of the term if it did happent tho

3. Well, the Coalition still has control of the Senate until the middle of next year. And if the budget doesnt get thru senate......who knows
  13. kahli Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Does anyone here genuinely believe anything will actually change?

They'll update the sets, but the story will remain the same.
  14. GoobaFish Jedi Master

star 4
    7 am Friday morning, watch NASA tv.
    Next shuttle launch. Whaen did YOU last see one?
  15. morgan-aleghieri Jedi Master

star 4
  16. morgan-aleghieri Jedi Master

star 4
  17. morgan-aleghieri Jedi Master

star 4

ASIMO Robots

These guys sound really cool - but I can't help but think the way is being paved for every Robot story I've read or watched, ie. Enslavement of all humankind by disgruntled Robots. [face_thinking]
  18. GoobaFish Jedi Master

star 4
  19. Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Master

star 4
  20. o__O Jedi Knight

star 3
    /sigh

can add that to the list of most pointless inventions ever.... cant they engineer cats to be useful, like using them in battle or something?
  21. Lozza Jedi Master

star 4
  22. Last_Chael Jedi Master

star 4
    OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMOMGOMGOMG!!!

Peter Jackson to Produce Hobbit

*SQUEE*

Happy little fangirl! :D There was so much talk that it owuldn't happen, but now it is! Hooray!! :D
  23. morgan-aleghieri Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh faboo. Well there you go. :)
  24. morgan-aleghieri Jedi Master

star 4
    Rowling may write 8th Potter book?

You know, I really hope that one day Al Gore teams up with Ms Rowling and creates Harry Potter and the Balance of Earth. It could be for an environment based charity, and you know it would sell millions.... (I'll take 5! Woopwoopwoopwoopwoop...)
  25. GoobaFish Jedi Master

star 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.