main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD News of the Day

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by morgan-aleghieri, Sep 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magnus_Darcrider

Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2005
    To be fair, the Doomsday Clock is a Cold War staple; I'd actually forgotten about it. But it's where the cliche of "X minutes to Midnight" came from.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

2. ImperialCourtessan

ImperialCourtessan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    http://www.livescience.com/othernews/070112_ap_bird_deaths.html

.. bit disconcerting!

3. Jamesolo

Jamesolo Jedi Master star 2

Apr 27, 2005
    Thats abit the day after tommorowish for my liking!

4. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Hmm...
    They must have heard that England won a game of Cricket and died from the shock!

5. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    pity they went wing-up before someone told them it was only against the kiwis.

6. casual-jedi

casual-jedi Jedi Master star 4

May 6, 2002
    This guy could possibly beat Mr.T in a fight...
    Then again, Mr.T ain't no fruity fish FOOOL!

Meanwhile, somewhere off the coast, a one-eyed shark is taking self-defense classes.

7. monkiee

monkiee Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 14, 2007
    That dude was hardcore! I would have just freaked out and died.

8. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
  9. monkiee

monkiee Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 14, 2007
    It's sad. I really use to love the Australian flag, well, not 'love' love, but certainly had a soft spot for it at international sporting events, and felt kinda happy to see it raised when ever we won a medal at the olympics. Now I just see the Cronulla riots and what happened at last years big day out and all the hatred it generates. I wish people would just chill out and embrace out diverse culture instead of becoming a society of 'us and them', and I really erks me that there are so many Australias out there that have and encourage that same negative attitude.

Its such a sad state of affairs. :(

10. Luke_Sparkewalker

Luke_Sparkewalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    Almost easy to see the 'Us & Them' attitude when you see this in your own country-

http://au.news.yahoo.com/070128/2/127wu.html

I know it's a small minority but still....

11. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Well said, Monkiee. That's basically my feelings on the entire thing.

12. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    ABC are going to open up their ENTIRE archive of locally produced TV (at a small charge), as a means of raising revenue for future programs.

I like that I could download the Late Show. I don't mind paying for some older shows. I do mind, however, that the ABC has to use things such as this to get their money.

13. MarvinTheMartian

MarvinTheMartian Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2002
    About the whole flag thing.....flags and symbols dont create hate. People do that just fine themselves.

14. Lozza

Lozza Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    Maybe this is old, but apparently Anna Nicole Smith is dead.
    I'm too lazy to find the NBC link.

15. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    Yeah it's new news Lozza.

Not entirely surprised to hear it, actually. Thought it was going to happen about the time she did that "speech" a few years back.

16. ImperialCourtessan

ImperialCourtessan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2005

..C_J HAS SECURED A UNIT IN NEWMARKET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMGYAY!

17. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    Score!

I look forward to christening the casbah

(see what I did there?)

18. Magnus_Darcrider

Nov 24, 2005
    When's the Housewarming? I shall bring my traditional gift of booze.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

19. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    And I'll be able to walk home!

go team me!

20. Magnus_Darcrider

Nov 24, 2005
    Obama vs Howard.

For those not aware, Senator Barack Obama is one of the Democrat Senators who's thrown his hat into the ring for the next US Presidential Election.

This stuff's fairly inconsequential, but it does give me a happy.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

21. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    I've been vaguely following this. Way to show the world what overblown puff of fluff of a man he is.

22. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
  23. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    Bahahah... I wish Batman would run through DES... Filing gets a little dry after a while :p

And it would be the start of a good (or mediocre) story... [face_thinking]
    So I'm at my desk, putting things on file, and suddenly I hear a shriek coming coming from the direction of the Lady's bathroom... As I wander out into the hall to see what the comotion was about, BATMAN runs past. Always knew he was near-sighted, but walking into the lady's room is a bit suspicious... [face_whistling]

24. Magnus_Darcrider

Nov 24, 2005
    Mike Miksch's 'Legends of Batman'

I think there's some sort of unwritten rule somewhere that in any office, he that does not drink coffee is thereby declared to be the designated "coffee gopher."

I don't know why this is. I don't drink coffee, why should I have to take the time to go down to Starbucks to get coffee for everyone else? I think the only reason I do it is that when it happens I'm still on the clock and I get to skip out on work for a while.

Ever visit Seattle? There's literally a Starbucks on every block downtown. It's insane. There's some parts where Starbucks is across the street from another Starbucks. University Village shopping center has THREE in it alone. And even more bizarre, they all seem to do enough business to justify having so many locations.

So one morning I'm making the daily coffee run for my coworkers, and I go down the street to Starbucks. There was this new guy working there behind the counter, couldn't have been more than sixteen years old. He had the HUGEST zit you had ever seen, right on the side of his nose. It was obviously pretty badly infected, because it literally covered one entire side of his nose.

It was horrifying, yet somehow fascinating. What was really gross was that he kept fingering the zit, and then he'd go and get people food. Thank goodness I wasn't there to get anything, I'm pretty sure I'd blow chunks on the spot..

So anyway, the guy is obviously new. Starbucks uses this touch screen system that's designed to be idiot proof (I know this because I worked at Jamba Juice for a while and we had a similar set up.). All you have to do is press the buttons that correspond to people's orders. Not that hard.

This guy was having difficulties...

I had four drinks to order, and it took him like 10 minutes to ring it all up. Good god... So I'm sitting there waiting for the coffee, when who should step up to the counter?

BATMAN!

"Welcome to Starbucks, may I take your order?" squeaked the cashier, clearly caught firmly within the grasps of onsetting puberty.

"Yes. I'll have a venti vanilla chai latte," Batman stated, matter-of-factly.

The cashier looked perplexed. "Uh..." he kept muttering, as he poked the screen intermitedly, "I don't think we can do that."

"What? What do you mean you can't do that? I have it all the time."

"It's not in the system."

"Kid, you just hit chai latte, then hit the 'add syrup' button."

"Nope... don't think we can do that."

"Are you even going to try hitting the 'add syrup' button?"

"There isn't any vanilla chai latte button."

"I know, that's why you hit the chai latte button, then hit the add syrup button."

"Uh... I don't think we can do that."

"Look... kid... Do you know who I am?"

"Uh.... Die Fledermaus?"

"DIE FLEDER-- *Sigh* Lemme speak to your manager."

At this point someone behind him, obviously unaware of the dangers of provoking a grumpy Batman, piped up and said "Oh for god's sake, just change your order so the rest of us can get on with our lives."

What happened next, I'm not really sure... Batman sort of... twitched, or something. And the next thing you know, the guy's head was turned around completely backward on his neck. He made a weird gasping noise, stumbled around a bit, then his eyes rolled up into his head and he toppled like a tree falling in a forest and landed with a dull thud on the condiment counter.

God DAMN Batman's got quick reflexes.

He turned around and faced the cashier. From my vantage point, I could see around the side of the counter and witness the growing wet spot in the crotch of his pants as he started to tremble uncontrolably.

"Now," said Batman in very hushed tones, "may I please have my vanilla chai latte."

"I... I... I... I..." stammered the cashier.

"You... WHAT?" snarled Batman.

"I... I DON'T THINK WE CAN DO THAT!" he screamed in an unbelievably high pitched voice, at which point he promptly passed out and fell down behind the counter.

"God damn it. I didn't want to pay 4 bucks fo

25. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    bahah.. Ah yes. One of my personal favourites, the dance off between Batman and the Riddler. Probably made water in my pantaloons cackling at that one.

"Sorry Batman, you just aren't gay enough to out-dance the Riddler..."

Of course, the moment it was realised that Batman was also the son of God I started re-evaluating my faith and beliefs... [face_thinking] :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.