main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

News Tidbits for Collectors

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by Swiski66, May 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swiski66

Swiski66 Jedi Youngling

Apr 14, 2002
    Hey gang! In case you didn't get a chance to see this info on the websites, I thought I would take the time to pass on a few of the sightings/promotions going on at the local stores.

Toys R Us: Several stores received boxes of a new figure assortment. If you don't see them, ask a nice associate to look for a case in the back room marked 848510019 Col. 1 Wave 4. In the case there is Bespin Luke, Bespin Vader, Jango Fett (final battle) and Mace Windu (Geonosian rescue). There is a variation on Bespin Luke. The rare one is the "bloody stump" version where the severed hand/wrist is painted blood red. His face appears more scarred, bloody too. There is also a promotion that supposed to start on May 12 where they will hand out an exclusive comic and/or poster with a purchase.

KB Toys: I went to a few KBs today and noticed some old tri-lingual Episode I surplus. If anyone is looking the rare Falumpset with Ammo Wagon, they had quite a few of these, some tri-lingual die-cast ships, and some other oddball stuff.

K-Mart: This might be a mis-print, but K-Mart's flier in the Sunday paper showed a 12" Jango Fett doll going on sale. This might be just the collectible statue, but I've never seen it yet, so that might be all it is.

Here's a few things I'm looking for if anyone finds an extra to spare: Mace Windu and Clone Trooper 3D Star Pic from Frito Lay brand chips, motion cards from the Star Wars fruit roll-ups. If I can think of anything else, I'll post in a new message. Thanks!

2. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    I went to KB today at Southridge and didn't see anything but the usual stuff. Oh well. But I can't wait for Bespin Vader.

3. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    [image=http://www.medio.mh.se/~carolus/pictures/grail/bknight1.jpg]

It's only a flesh wound.

4. Idaara

Idaara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    Where are you finding the Fruit Rollups? I've checked the stores where I live (in Menomonee Falls), and all I could find was the cereal.

As far as the FritoLay Star Pics, everyone realizes that there are 37 total of these things, right? There are the 9 character ones done up in 4 different colors (red, blue, green and purple) and the gold Clone trooper one. I have a Padme in red and blue so far, as well as a red Obi-Wan, a red Dooku, and a blue Anakin. I can't see completing the set because, dang it all, that's a lot of chips!! (My set so far has taken 2 bags, an 8 bag multipack and a 24 bag multipack.)

Also, for those of you who are members of Sams Club, there is a set of 3 SW tins (the size of the popcorn tins you usually see stores sell around Christmas) by Frito Lay filled with 3 regular size bags of chips (that don't have the Star Pic, unfortunately). I only found out about it as my boss brought me one back when she went on a trip there for work. I guess one has Anakin and Vader on it, one has Yoda, and mine is Clones and Droids (which was filled with Max. Cheddar Ruffles 3Ds). She was good enough to pick me up a one day pass, too, so I can go back and look at the rest of them. If it's not at all Sams, it's at least at the one on N. 76th and Calumet.

5. Swiski66

Swiski66 Jedi Youngling

Apr 14, 2002
    UPDATES:

Here's some new info on what I originally posted. I apologize if I sent anyone on a wild goose chase for this stuff.

Toys R Us: Free Comic/Poster with purchase offer starts on May 19, not May 11

K-Mart: Today's ad was indeed for a Jango Fett 12" doll. I asked a few stores and unfortunately these fliers were printed before they realized these were not going to be in the warehouses yet. One store claims they had one case in their store on April 23rd and one guy bought them all.

KB Toys: If you can't see the Falumpaset/Battle Wagon, look through the piles of Trade Federation Droid Fighters. The boxes are exactly the same size/color and it might be easy to miss. The store at Southridge had 3-4 on Saturday. They might have sold out.

Frito Lay chips: I found the Clone Trooper 3D Star pic in the mini box assortment of Frito Lay chip bags. It's pretty easy to spot through the window, since the Clone Trooper is the only yellow chip out there. I still need a Mace Windu chip if anyone has an extra.

6. Outlander_

Outlander_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2002
    I saw some of the Fruit Roll-ups a couple of days ago at the Jewel on Hiway 100 and Greenfield Ave.

7. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Does that actually work, the whole asking for the case number thing at Toys R Us? If so, I might have to try it. By the way, for those looking for Dooku, Yoda, Taun We and I think Luminara, they are on sale through Kbkids.com (for 9.99 each, a bit high) and Bigbadtoystore.com (I think for 8.99, but don't quote me on that).

8. Skywalker1138

Skywalker1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2002
    Just so you know, Official Mark Hamill Site has shown that even autographs with "autenticated certificates" are not official these days. His autographs have been foraged in the past and continue to do so again today. All we have is what our autographs mean to us sentimentally, and for others to take our word that they're authentic. Personally, this is a big deal, I've been a celebrity autograph collector since I was 11 years old (and Star Wars autograph collector).

Just making note of the word that's out.

9. jedi_kiss_rock_

jedi_kiss_rock_ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2002
    hey
    PICK n Save in West Bend has a whole lot of the fruit roll ups, cheap to. 1.50 for three.

both north and south stores

jedi kiss rock :)

10. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Well we ate two boxes of Fruit Roll ups while in Indianapolis and I must say that I'm a little disappointed to find out that Jedi taste like blue raspberry.

11. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    If I was a Fruit Roll-Up, I'd be mushroom flavor. Or so I'm told.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.