main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Next Celebration in 2019

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by DarkEagle, Mar 9, 2017.

1. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    Official Statement
    So no celebration next year :( Which I guess is alright- spreads them out a bit.

2019 seems very likely to coincide with the opening of the SW sections at the Disney parks

2. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I'm actually glad. It's too often with a Celebration every year, it's nice to save up both money and excitement.

CaptainRegor likes this.
  3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Given the 'off year', I wonder if it will be in the US again in 2019 or if they will come back to this side of the pond?

4. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012
    I'm gonna guess 2019 is US then in 2020 Europe. That seems like the pattern to me. Although I'd prefer the 2019 to come back to Europe... Cheaper for me then ;)

I'm inclined to agree there is indeed more hype and excitement when it isn't yearly.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  5. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I expect 2019 will probably be in either Florida or California to coincide with the opening of Star Wars Land at the parks.

CaptainRegor and my kind of scum like this.
  6. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012
    That sounds like a perfect plan! Isn't the Anaheim convention center right next to Disney?

7. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    it is! you can literally walk to it in about 10 minutes or so. Super convenient

8. 80ninjas

80ninjas Jedi Master star 1

Apr 25, 2014
    Both Anaheim and Orlando have, barring any delays, Star Wars parks opening in 2019. So it could be either site to go along with the official park opening.

My wife and I are kind of hoping they'll alternate between the two and 2019 will be in Anaheim again. Despite the complaints I had about the convention in 2015 we really did have a great time and wouldn't mind going there again.

9. Jedi9181

Jedi9181 Jedi Master star 1

May 2, 2005
    Hey Everyone,

First post Since Celebration IV. I'm kinda glad it will be in 2019 because I will be missing out again this year but this will give me more time to save and really be excited in 2019!!!

jawajames likes this.
  10. Leia's Twin

Leia's Twin Jedi Knight

May 19, 2016
    I have to say I hope it's back in Orlando again, because I live here! It's so much easier and cheaper for me! ;)

Alison Organa and Xinau like this.