main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX Next D/FW meeting

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Obi_Bamm_Karaoke, Apr 26, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi_Bamm_Karaoke

Obi_Bamm_Karaoke Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 19, 2000
    I know it's a bit early, but with the speed that time has been going as of late, I don't want it to get away from me. Geez, I guess this is my first act as City Rep.... I'm getting a little weepy. :)

I know that we try to have the meetings on the last Saturday of the month. However, the next two months are kinda ookie (the last Saturday in May is Memorial Day weekend, and I will be out of town for the last weekend in June, for my 10 year high school reunion), so I am thinking the weekend before, which would be on May 19th. I am also thinking a bit earlier in the day, around lunchtime or shortly thereafter. This way, it's not disrupting too much of y'all's weekend.

As far as location... there's the rub. With scud's posting about the possible tragic disappearance of BHC, I would like to find somewhere a bit more centrally located, to keep an equal distance for all. Should BHC prevail, I would like to keep it there; however, we do not have a "Plan B". I did like the Half Price Books on Central and Northwest Highway that has held the two prior meetings, and have no problem keeping it there.

I also want to stress the importance of you kids making as many of these as you can. We are now less than one year away from the start of the "Episode II" lineup, and I know that everybody has some great ideas for it (i.e.- charities we can work with, sponsors that would benefit both us and them, activities, etc.), so I wanna hear 'em. From what I am envisioning, this thing is going to be unmatched by anyone, anywhere, and I know that we have the talents and abilities to pull this off in grand fashion.

Lastly, I would like to thank the group for selecting me to take the responsibilities of the City Rep "office". I will do everything I can not to let you down. You guys RULE. Plain and simple. Almost makes me want to do the German dahnce.

Almost. ;) You shouldn't ask me do do the German dahnce, Johnny... My mother asked me to do the German dahnce once. Once.

2. DarthCynthia

DarthCynthia Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 18, 2000
    1/2 Price books is a bit of a drive for Chris and I (so was BHC but then again it also served two purposes for us.. meetings and SW STUFF! ;) LOL!!!).. but I definitely prefer it to a restaurant because restaurants are too noisy and Chris and I can't eat anything there anyway... so if we had to keep it at 1/2 price.. I wouldn't complain.

3. Queen_Tofuti

Queen_Tofuti Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 18, 2000
    Congrats on being made city rep Robbie Rob. :D

4. chewtabacca

chewtabacca Jedi Youngling

Sep 15, 2000
    Omelet du fromage!

5. Obi_Bamm_Karaoke

Nov 19, 2000
    CHEWTABACCA: That's all you can say! That's all you can say!

QUEEN TOFUTI: Thank you kindly. It's a pretty cool thing, and one more rung on my ladder to world domination. Unlike the mice, I will succeed.

I excel, they all fail.... sorry. LL Cool J moment.

6. jedilona

jedilona Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    [face_laugh]

Congrats to you Obi-Bamm

7. Obi_Bamm_Karaoke

Nov 19, 2000
    Well, it's not OFFICIAL official yet, but the elusive Morpheus assures me that it will be soon enough.

With the new structure of the Leadership Structure, it is not completely within my power to actually CALL the meeting, so I will remand myself to suggest when the meeting should be. I am extremely on-board with this new structure that has been set up, and I think that it will benefit all involved who want to be involved in the decisions that are made within the group.

That is all. I still feel special, and not in the "short bus" kinda way.

8. DarthCynthia

Nov 18, 2000
    So is this date still a go, y'think Bamm? How about a time? I wouldn't mind it being late morning/way early afternoon.. just wanted to bump the topic back up and see how things sound for that day still....

take care.. MTFBWY

9. Obi_Bamm_Karaoke

Nov 19, 2000
    I have not heard anything in an official capacity, but I will do some snooping around for ya. I myself would like to know as well, Cynth. BTW, how was the exhibit this weekend?

10. DarthCynthia

Nov 18, 2000
    We went friday - let me tell you... have a good copilot and really good maps because the roads in houston are really bad. A lot of one way streets all under construction and they're very strangely laid out :p

When we finally found the museum, we had a blast. I took some photos - I intend to scan them and put them online but first we have to figure out wtf is wrong w/ the scanner. So yeah.. I had fun :) We made the trip in one day (Friday).

I'll let you all know when I have the piccies scanned and online.

11. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    19th sounds fine for a meeting, and anytime after about 12:30 works for me.

And congrats again, Rob! :D

12. DarthCynthia

Nov 18, 2000
    Well, unfortunately since I hadn't heard if this was official in time I had to make plans for that Saturday so I won't be able to attend the meeting, sadly :(

If anything about the Grapevine convention comes up during the meeting, please let me know as I'm probably the closest person to the Convention Center in Grapevine. I may not be able to give 100% help if the D/FW FF has a table or anything, but I'd like to try to help out where Chris and I can.

MTFBWY

13. THX_Jedi

THX_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    So I take it the meeting will be at Half Price books?

14. Shy_Gon_Jin

Shy_Gon_Jin Jedi Youngling

May 9, 2001
    I must admit I have the same question? I am so looking forward to this meeting.

Shy Gon (Dennis)

15. Jedi_Jarvis

Jedi_Jarvis Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2001
    Well, if it's this weekend, then I'm out. I have a wedding to shoot.

Ahh... to see the day where I can turn those down ;)

Later.

16. THX_Jedi

THX_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    So, again...where is the meeting being held?

:D

17. Sirikus_Willowbend

Sirikus_Willowbend Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2000
    arg! chances are I won't be making it to many meetings due to finally having a job heheh - but if someone could lemee know what all is discussed I'd really appreciate it =)

Jon

18. Kurgan1

Kurgan1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 19, 2000
    Sorry about the delay in keeping everyone informed. We will have a short meeting tomorrow (Saturday the 19) at the Half Price Books on NW HW and Central at 2pm.

I know we waited until the last minute to say what was up, but on behalf of the DFW leadership council---sorry, ladies and gents. We'll do better. :)

If you can't make it tomorrow, which is understandable considering how late this was confirmed, I'll make a post after the meeting to let everyone know what we talked about.

19. DarthCynthia

Nov 18, 2000
    I'd really appreciate a little update on stuff if you get the time - especially the Grapevine con if the DFF wants to try to make it to that one.

No worries about the timing - these things do happen from time to time no matter how hard you might try :)

Have fun, everyone who goes! BTW.. you might also decide what to do about a meeting next month.. isn't the convention going to be the same weekend we'd probably have a meeting next month? I don't have all the dates handy - just something to think about :)

MTFBWY

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.