main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Next Death In The Sequel Trilogy

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by luketheforeigner, Apr 23, 2016.

1. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Since this thread is in the 8 and 9 forum, I've updated the thread title from "Star Wars Trilogy" to "Sequel Trilogy".

2. 2187-FN

2187-FN Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 5, 2016
    I think del Toro's character could be the one that gets killed, or potentially Leia. I can't see Chewbacca being killed and will likely appear in movies to come.

3. Markpro

Markpro Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 21, 2013
    Prince Harry...or maybe William

4. ThisHurricane

ThisHurricane Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 9, 2015
    Finn in episode 9

5. AllEyezOnTheDarkSide

AllEyezOnTheDarkSide Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 25, 2015
    Maz for sure. I feel like she's Finns "Obi-Wan" in that she will encourage him to accept his powers and urge him to fight against the darkside "we must fight!....(looks to Finn) ALL of us".

She might even teach him some of the basics of the force considering she "[knows] the force". But her knowledge will be limited as she is "no Jedi".

She will sacrifice herself to save Finn and this will push Finn even more into accepting his destiny and look to Luke (Yoda) as a teacher.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

6. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    As far as one of the good guys go, I would say C3PO. Something in me just sees him dying once and for all, calling out to Artoo and telling him not to worry, that he is at peace. (I mean really, how long can Anthony Daniels keep this up?)

Thus leaving Artoo as a lone wolf droid, with a quiet vendetta. He's been there, done that. I expect big things from Artoo moving forward. And 3POs death could really propel that. As I've said in previous threads, his prominent presence in Rey's vision speaks volumes regarding his role in present and future events. He obviously knew where Luke was. And with BB-8 by his side now, Artoo can really make an impact.

7. Hernalt

Hernalt Force Ghost star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    Prediction: Luke will go with exhaustion after a hard-fought battle, in Ep VIII. Vader and Qui-Gon analogue. I'll be annoyed if they do a direct rip off of the Obi Wan apotheosis *without deathbed hand off to new lead characters. Obi Wan's departure was fine for a starting act of the trilogy but would be a cheap choice in the middle act. The new lead character(s) do not need to be exclusively Rey, and may include Finn. Luke will reappear in Ep IX as a ghost for additional exposition, revelation, injunction, and 'spiritual' Jedi training. Leia will go peacefully after a life of hard-fought service, in Ep IX. Yoda analogue. Rey alone attending, Rey receiving the blessings and torch.

8. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    a very big No to Luke dying in VIII after he was not in TFA. [face_sigh]

9. WannaBuySomeDeathSticks

WannaBuySomeDeathSticks Jedi Knight star 1

May 21, 2014
    I think a very cool way for Luke to die, would be to shield himself from falling to the dark side.

In theory he has become a very powerful force user - one of the strongest in history.

He's lost his family, both of his masters, and now his best friend. He failed to prevent the dark side from rising again and it destroyed an entire generation of young jedi. He has failed the jedi order.

He has tons of weight on his shoulders and is understandably disturbed. Like his father before him, he is having a tough time letting go of his past and his powerlessness to stop destiny.

He becomes tempted to use the dark side to prevent even more loss - like father like son. His dark destiny is inevitable. He is reminded of Yoda's teachings - "Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny".

He knows with his turn, he will create much pain. He cant bear the thought of it and allows for himself to be destroyed to save the galaxy from his wrath.

10. Darth Geezy

Darth Geezy Jedi Master star 3

Jan 29, 2016
    I'm thinking every episode of this sequel trilogy will see old, beloved characters die. These people can't live forever and I'd rather see their deaths on screen rather than just hear about them, especially since it appears that this thing may be expanded into a 12 episode saga.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised to see Leia, Luke, Chewbecca die or even C3PO or R2D2 for that matter. As long as they go out like heroes, dying for something worthwhile rather than like a chump on a bridge for no reason at all.

11. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    I don't think I'd like to see Luke grappling with the dark side. I think it's clear he has weight on his shoulders, but that seems to have manifested itself into isolation. Into reflection and time away from the Galaxy. I think I'd like to see Episode 8 be about Rey inspiring Luke's sense of heroism again. Filling that hole in his heart with excitement and renewed purpose. For him to realise past incidents don't necessary equate to failures, but rather setbacks that can be overcome. I think Luke being on the cusp of turning into his murderous father would be backwards. I think Luke is beyond that, and also above that. He's our hero. The man who was tested by the Emperor but defiantly said no.

nightangel likes this.
  12. Darth Dookacas

Darth Dookacas Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2014
    Hux will be killed by Kylo about midway through Episode 8. TFA set up rivalry between Kylo and Hux and this would be a nice payoff. It would be cool to see Hux try to set Kylo up but Kylo gains the upper hand some how. I think it works because it make Hux even more of a dirt bag and Kylo will look more wise and strategic.

13. WookieeRage

WookieeRage Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2016
    If they kill Chewie, I'm pretty much done watching any Star Wars saga movie. Why would they kill the character that can live longer than any of the other characters. Not to mention they can cast a bunch of different people to play Chewie if the actor isn't able to do it anymore. It's not like he has a distinctive voice, I know like 10 people including myself that can sound like Chewie.

One Quarter Portion likes this.
  14. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Like themoth, I also don't think Luke will grapple with the Darkside. We're past that with him. In fact the very cause of his isolation was his devastation towards what the use of the Darkside did to his "new Jedi order." He wouldn't then just turn around and join them.

I really attribute his isolation to being more simlar to Yoda. Yoda went into exile on Dagobah after his sadness for what happened to the Jedi, the Republic and at his failure to stop the Sith. He went into a sort of melancholy solitude-for the same kind of reasons-but still remained good, and hopeful for a chance at redemption. Luke is exactly the same here, if you think about it. If anything spending that much time in isolation meditating and whatnot could bring one even closer to the living Force.

themoth likes this.
  15. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014

I don't often agree with you, but I agree with you here, though,as always, I try to keep an open mind. But after making VII all about finding Luke, killing him off in VIII would seem..... gratuitous. He might go in IX, but even then, I'd prefer more of a transition to the Force ala Yoda than an outright death.

I'll add, I do not think should grapple with the Dark side.... not in terms of being tempted to be a Dark Side user anyway. Maybe some sort of Gray Jedi. Maybe that it is the balance needed.

nightangel likes this.
  16. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Very well said.

DARTH_BELO likes this.