main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX Next DFW Meeting

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Old-Jedi, Feb 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old-Jedi

Old-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 25, 2000
    Due to a conflict, we've had to reschedule our monthly meeting. It will be held on the 10th, at the main Half Price Bookstore, where we held the last meeting. Topics to be covered:Houston trip, Sci-Fi Expo, AlphaCon, among others. I hope you all can make it.

2. DarthCynthia

DarthCynthia Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 18, 2000
    Thanks for the update, Tim. Dunno if the hubby and I will be there (kinda early to know right now and something might come up by then).. but even if I can't make it, since I won't be too involved in some of those events you'll be discussing unfortunately, I really won't be of much use anyway. So I'd just miss seeing you guys. :( We'll have to see, tho'...

Now.. the Grapevine shows that are coming up.. I wanna possibly try to get a little more involved in those.. we'll see tho'. I don't want to get Chris involved if he doesn't want to.. LOL! :)

Anyway.. I'm babbling (as usual)... (goes to try to find a safe spot for the printout she did of the new meeting info and mark that down in her Y! calendar as well)...

3. DarthCynthia

Nov 18, 2000
    Ok.. that took two edits.. I'm either forgetting how to "speak"/type or I'm just really freakin' out of it today.. LMAO ;)

4. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    3/10 at 1/2? I'm down with that.

5. Obi_Bamm_Karaoke

Obi_Bamm_Karaoke Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 19, 2000
    I am a 50/50 shot right now, as I may have a gig that WHOLE FRIGGIN' WEEKEND. If I do, I'll be right up the street (Walnut Hill and Central), so somebody may have to drop by to update me on what the dealie-yo is.

As far as the Plano show... count me in. Perhaps you kids could come out to my karaoke show again after the Saturday half? And yes, I will be bringing my DJ rig (also known as "autograph dealer repellant") so we can have the killer setup again.

6. jedimiss

jedimiss Jedi Youngling

Nov 18, 2000
    I will be there, broken ankle and all!!!

7. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    :eek:

Yikes! Sorry to hear you're injured, Jedimistress! Hope you mend quickly!

8. cable1996

cable1996 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2001
    I might be interested in stopping by, where is this Half Price Books?

9. THX_Jedi

THX_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    Its just East of Central expressway off on Northwest highway. Big building of the left, you can't miss it.

10. Sirikus_Willowbend

Sirikus_Willowbend Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2000
    arg...

ok I'll try to be there, hehe but I dunno how long I can stay - I have a guild raid to run that night in EQ =) I KNEW the minute I planned it for that saturday something else would come up... *sigh* heheh but i'll at least swing by to say hi to everyone =)

sirk

11. DarthCynthia

Nov 18, 2000
    Well usually they're the last saturday of the month.... so I'm sure most folks were thrown off a little (no problem in most cases, tho'.. I've missed past meetings, myself heheheh).

Tim? Is this temporary or permanent (I know you said some conflicting schedule type stuff, but I was just wondering if that meant every month or just this one)? Just curious.. :)

12. cable1996

cable1996 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2001
  13. DarthCynthia

Nov 18, 2000
  14. Marababe

Marababe Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 20, 2000
    Hey Tim,I'll try to be there.:)

Karaoke sounds like fun, Obi Bamm, will try to come. What time does it start? [face_mischief]

Jedimistress a broken angle sounds very painful.:( Hope you have lots of pain pills.:D

Sirikus, I love your signature.:cool:

See all yous guys 3/10/01.:p

Bev

15. Obi_Bamm_Karaoke

Obi_Bamm_Karaoke Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 19, 2000
    The show is every Saturday night, from 10PM to 2 AM at Sports City Cafe in Mesquite, off of LBJ and Town East Boulevard.

Last time, we just had everybody meet at the bar after the Saturday half of the show. Hopefully, there won't be a boxing match to put us really late this time.

BTW, happy Ash Wednesday everybody.

16. Queen_Tofuti

Queen_Tofuti Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 18, 2000
    Coolness!
    Rob's DJing party again.
    Definite and hardy fun. :)
    Can't wait for this con.
    Friends, Fun, Karoake, and Star Wars!

17. THX_Jedi

THX_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    Everyone see that our meeting has been announced on the Fanforce event page. :cool: Our RPG events have been noticed on the TFN newsletter also:

Calling all RPG players in the Dallas/Fort Worth area! Several DFW members are starting to meet on a regular basis for RPGs. If you are interested in meeting up with them, please check the DFW FanForce board http://boards.theforce.net/board.asp brd=10127 for times and location.

Scarey, aint it? Now, I definately have to find more chairs. ;)

18. DarthCynthia

Nov 18, 2000
    LOL.. cool! I'll have to sign up for that newsletter although I could swear I did.. argh.. I'm on way too many lists, boards etc

:)

19. Old-Jedi

Old-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 25, 2000
    I contributed that little bit about the RPG. I hope you guys don't mind, but since it seems that you are taking the RPG and running with I thought we should get the word out :) BTW if you all have anything that you think should be added to the newsletter drop me a note, and I'll pass it along.

20. Jedi_Jarvis

Jedi_Jarvis Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2001
    THX, I told you we needed more ;)

Glad to see we are 'famous'! (now I have to powder my nose for the lights and cameras that should soon follow :D)

Anyway I dont think I will have a conflict sat. so I should be there at 3ish.

MTFBWY!

21. Kurgan1

Kurgan1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 19, 2000
    Thanks, Tim! I just wish I were a better GM for everyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.