main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Victoria. BC Next *Do*: Easter Weekend?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by _Derisa_Ollamhin_, Apr 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Slan all. I recall Sionnach offering to do something specific at her place this weekend: what did you have in mind, babe?

We are due for another actual meeting: have you guys done the research on things and prices and stuff? maybe we could schedule that before the fun thing... whatever it was Sionnach had in mind.

How does Saturday look for you guys? Whatchawanna do? :D

Post here to discuss.

*Derisa*

2. Qui-Dawn

Qui-Dawn Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2000
    Hey....Saturday might be very fitting, very appropriate after all..... That's Hayden's birthday, after all - he's 22 :) - and I've been planning to celebrate in an especial way all along....you know, some days just call for it. :) But how very timely it would be, that day....so I'm possibly game....yes. :D

*starts gift-wrapping some brand-new, dryer-warmed socks for his B-Day*

Dawn.

3. Vills-Kavic

Vills-Kavic Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2003
    I don't know what input I can put into the next meetings, as far as research, etc. goes, but I'll be there!

I'm in exams, but can certainly take a little time off as I have nine days between my two last exams. However, I have managed to tear some tendons in my ankle and am now available as a nifty "Disabled Crutch Hana"! Believe me, this will be a very temporary edition.

Where is this event happening? Is it going to be Alzu's, like Alakin said before? :p

-Vills

4. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    Just reposting here what I put up in the RPG thread...

Derisa and I had spoken briefly last night about using Saturday for a longer RPG session, possibly to include Kelson as a drop-in. My suggestion is to have a brief lunch/brunch meeting at Alzu's, nice and central for everyone, and then those participating could pile into vehicles to head off to Derisa's place afterwards for the RPG.

The meeting ought to be pretty short, actually, since there's not a lot of new business since the last time we met, so we can just run over it quickly and then socialize, Easter brunch style. ;)

How does 11 a.m. this Saturday sound to people? Opinions?

- Rani

5. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    Okay, maybe I'm just a wee bit confuzzled.... (wouldn't be the first time, gleefully whispers a little voice, aside) What does this mean for those of us who aren't actually, technically playing in this ongoing game....which, actually, now that I think about it - gosh, I guess it would seem to be just *me* in that corner, then, wouldn't it? *looks around* Man, it's lonely in this corner. ;) The only reason I'm asking, though....is that I suspect it wasn't entirely clear, not thus far, so of course any clarification is mucho appreciated. Tah muchly. :D

Dawn.

6. Rani Veko

Apr 22, 2000
    The proposal's pretty straightforward:

We all meet, everyone, at Alzu's, for brunch around 11:00, this Saturday, for our official meeting and activity.

After the meeting, those who are in the RPG go to Derisa's for a RPG session.

I've checked with Derisa and she's good to go with that idea, however we're also waiting to hear from Sionnach to remind us what it was she had proposed for meeting at her home this weekend. Sionnach, can you PM or phone me, please? Thanks!

I ought to have final confirmation of where's and when's posted here no later than Friday at noon.

- Rani

7. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    Oh....I suppose it was just....the timing that had me a bit confused....evidently. That's all....

(and, let's face it, I'd also be seriously wondering askance if it was my esteemed presence that'd cause people to bolt, i.e. if soon after arriving at Alzu's, everyone goes, "Okay, we're off!" - and that's that. Gee, no, I'm not in the least bit suspicious. Force, no....why do you ask?) :D

Dawn. (who's only paranoid because everyone's out to get her, a la Mulder) ;)

8. Rani Veko

Apr 22, 2000
    "who's only paranoid because everyone's out to get her, a la Mulder"

[image=http://trustnoone.tripod.co.jp/ufo2.jpg]

[image=http://www.turning-pages.com/xf101/graphics/truth.jpg]

Doesn't "FBI" stand for "Fanforce Bureau of Investigation", or something like that? Hmmmm... :p

Okay, to bring the thread back on topic again, I've spoken with Sionnach, and we'll be having the meeting at Alzu's at 11:00 a.m. on Saturday, unless no one else objects. :)

- Rani

9. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    (since it's technically Easter weekend, I figure as this would be on-topic enough....if for some reason it's not, apologies in advance....now, here I go....) :) Earlier this evening I had a friend notify me of the following, and was *rather* surprised, to say the least....since I'd not heard anything about it before....so naturally this comes as something quite out of the blue.... (it's from today's Times-Colonist)

"The One-Man Star Wars Trilogy", a critically acclaimed performance by Charles Ross... [blah blah blah] ...tonight and Friday night at 8 p.m. at the Second Story Cafe, 579 Johnson St. [page D-12, if you want to read the whole thing...]

*Completely* unexpected, this is....and I may check it out....well, at the very least, I do hope to further look into or make enquiries about it - because I honestly can't believe that this, *now*, is the first I've heard of it....how did this not come up *before*, is what I wanna know. Really, I'm rather stymied. ;) :D

Dawn.

10. C4-One25

C4-One25 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2003
    Saturday, huh...well, me and my shorter genetically related being are playing soccer and after trying forever and a day to get her to actually kick the ball as opposeed to carrying it, I cant really give this one up. I'll be missing the meeting and the RPG'ing but I'm sure someone will blow something up for me.

11. Rani Veko

Apr 22, 2000
    Earlier this evening I had a friend notify me of the following, and was *rather* surprised, to say the least....since I'd not heard anything about it before....so naturally this comes as something quite out of the blue....

*Completely* unexpected, this is....

...I honestly can't believe that this, *now*, is the first I've heard of it....how did this not come up *before*, is what I wanna know. Really, I'm rather stymied.

My goodness, if I was completely paranoid, I might think that this was a not-so-subtle hint that the author feels like the entire chapter is conspiring to exclude them and only them from even receiving news of events like this, or worse, going to great lengths to organize a fun chapter activity under the guise of a regularly-scheduled RPG evening and leaving them totally uninvited...even going as far with the clever ruse of the RPG night planning to include a pot-luck dinner! The fiends!

It's a really good thing that I'm not paranoid, isn't it? ;)

Thank you, Dawn, for letting everyone know about the one-man show, so that people have a chance to catch the last performance tonight! Otherwise, you likely would have been the only Base member to know about it and get to go see it. Does the article mention whether the show is a comedy or drama?

I don't know if we'll be able to change plans and find a sitter in time for our daughter tonight, but you may possibly see me and/or my husband in the line-up tonight, because it sounds really interesting! It's too bad no one knew about this sooner, or else we could have gone as a whole group and planned it as a chapter activity. :(

It actually might be a really good idea for you to create a new thread about this, to make sure you get all the members' attention that happen to read the Base's forum today. If I don't see members at the club tonight for the one-man show, I'll see you guys Saturday for our meeting at Alzu's at 11:00 a.m.!

- Rani

12. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    Comedy....drama show....I dunno....though off the top of my head, I'd have to wager that it's probably more funny in tone; actually, the whole thing reminds me very much of news of a similar play, something like the original trilogy put on in an hour, by a troupe of students or performers down in the States....like in California, or something. Now, I know I saw coverage of *that* on the TF.n news pages, once or twice.... :) Actually, I think that's what had me confounded to start with, when this play tonight was mentioned - and not just because I'd never had a *clue* that it was being put on....hadn't seen it advertised anywhere around town, at least, not that I can recollect....and with all the traipsing around town that I do, you'd think that I would've seen *something*. ;) Of course, since I don't get the T-C, naturally I wouldn't have known if it was mentioned in *there*....see, now I'm finding the down side to being newspaper-less. :D Argh!

Still not sure if I'll make it down there....though I'll at least drop by to see what it's all about - I figure I owe it at least that much. :) If so....if I do actually attend....then I'll in all likelihood see you there, if you make it as well! :) Agreed that it's a rather unfortunate thing, too, that we had no real advance warning of this play....though look at it this way, this is the first time that anything like this has slipped under our collective radar, so I'd say we're still doing quite well on the whole....our average is still perfectly decent, no reason to worry. :)

Good idea about making a new thread for it....I'll see what I can do....

Dawn.

13. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Great to see y'all at brunch! We are slowly but surely outgrowing our usual locales... :)

Total ten members in attendance, and much discussion and coffee were had by all.

Next scheduled thingummy is Wednesday, 23rd April: it's a group viewing of One Man Star Wars Trilogy at the Second Story Cafe and Bookstore, at 8pm. It's a great show, trust me!
    After that, the regularly scheduled gaming session, and then one day next weekend a possible sushi night/LotR DVD party at Sionnach's...

Post in the relevant threads if you can make it!

*Derisa*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.