main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto next event, ep 3 trailer - incredibles

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by DARTH2-D2, Oct 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTH2-D2

DARTH2-D2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2002
    friday nov 5th incredibles - ep 3 trailer - I know we were burnt back when we went to see Ice Age and no ep 2 trailer, another CG feature. do I sence a trend, but like Ice Age I do want to see this, so who else wants to see it. maybe the grande if its played there.

2. sw-starwarsfreakness

sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003

I was actually going to bring this up. Maybe we can all do another Sushi night (This time across the street from the last place, at a place called 'the Crispy Roll' which has amazing prices) and then see it at parmount.

3. Mert_Skywalker

Mert_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    BEWARE, the EP3 teaser trailer is not included in EVERY copy of the Incredibles. However, it is in the majority.

Ice Age? I remember Monsters Inc being the one to have the "Breathing" trailer last time.

Either way, the Incredibles does look like an interesting movie, just don't be too disappointed if there's no teaser.

4. Sabrina001

Sabrina001 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    I'd go just for the Incredibles, for me if we see the trailer it would just be icing on the cake.

Oh, and I WILL make it out to this one :)

Sabrina

5. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    I wanted to see the movie anyway, but I'm not sure if I want to see the preview for Star Wars, I'm one of those crazy spoiler-free people.

6. DARTH2-D2

Feb 9, 2002
    The reason I say The Grande, is becuase its the place we will be doing the line up at. its a good chance to show new members where we will be, also a good time to remember the good times from last time. pizza pizza is across the street and we can get the party room again. also not everyone likes sushi. this place is easy for people to get too. so thats where we should do this.

7. Duker_Duck

Duker_Duck Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2001
    Gonna bow this one out. Got a nice trip to Montreal coming up so I'll just save the money for there.

8. Scannerhead1138

Scannerhead1138 Jedi Youngling

Oct 25, 2004
    If I can, I will join you guys... So is RotS coming to IMAX?

9. Styrofoam_Guy

Styrofoam_Guy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    No movie for me.

Hobby Show that weekend. I will be showing off R2 again.

Alex
    Styrofoam Guy

10. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    Gotta love Pixar. Still giving nods to their creator, the flaneled one. I generally plan to see all their movies anyways, this possibility of the trailer is just a bonus.

11. Anakin_Padme4ever

Anakin_Padme4ever Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 29, 2002
    I'm hoping to join you guys for this event, as well!

12. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003

So should I help make this a Planed event? Any Objections?

13. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Seems like a planned event as it is. Events can be organized by anyone who wants to do something.

I think the event just needs finalized times and a meeting location.

14. DARTH2-D2

Feb 9, 2002
    the only thing is we dont know if the grande will be playing it. if not we can always go silver city, 15 minutes walk away or one subway station. I know they are playing it.

15. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003

But if we go to Paramount we can go for dinner aswell (well we could at The Grande too...)

What does everyone think of?:

A 5pm dinner at a Sushi resurant called the 'Cripsy Roll' on Queen St. It's right next door to 'Bang on T-Shirts' and across the street from Malabar (Macall St.) This resurant has some of the best prices ever, and it's very good food too :)

Then at 7pm we can head to see The Incredibles at The Paramount. I suggest that you buy the ticket before dinner so there wont be any problems like last time :p.

So 5pm Dinner
    7ish Movie

What does everyone think of that?

16. Sabrina001

Sabrina001 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    I think it could work although I may be 5 or 10 mins late for the dinner as I only get off work between 4-430ish and itll take me about half an hour or more to get over to Queen St.

If we went up to the Grande I would most definitley be late because I'd need the better part of an hour to get up there. So my vote is for the Paramount.

Sabrina

17. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003

No worries if you're late. We'd save you your seat :D

18. DARTH2-D2

Feb 9, 2002
    No to sushi, no to paramount. this was intented to show off the grande. tessa please create your own event not overtake this one.

19. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003

Actually Dan, when this thread first came unto the boards it was a 'suggestion' thread. I was just suggesting what I had thought about during the evening.

I didn't even see the edited post up at the top. I didn't mean to tread on any feet, yet no need to be so completely utterly rude about it Dan. I mean, we're all mature people here, arn't we? Please put your claws away.

20. DARTH2-D2

Feb 9, 2002
    actually tessa I am not being rude. I want to see the movie and I wanted to see it at the grande becuase I thought it would be a good chance for people to see where the next line up will be. we had fun during the ice age movie event before the last line up and I thought it would be a good event again. going to the paramount is fine but we arnt doing the line up there. and seeing the trailer at the grande is kind of a nice thing to do. we can always do the movie and sushi another time. there will be other movies and other trailers.

21. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003

Alright. It was just a suggestion. I guess suggestion revoked. Yet what if some people find it easier to go to paramount?

22. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    I think that since Dan created this thread it should be Dan's choice for the venue :)

Besides there are some interesting movies coming out in the next few months including Blade III and you need to have some sort of Christmas event.

23. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003

It was just a suggestion CrazyMike.

24. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    as my post was Tessa...

25. Styrofoam_Guy

Styrofoam_Guy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    Damn. It is a good thing I am busy that night.

The funny thing is I will be at the hobby show and I will be promoting this board.

Alex
    Styrofoam Guy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.