main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto Next Event, June 21st, strike that, sometime soon...

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by TheGrandePoobah, Jun 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Well, with a lull in sure-fire group movie releases coming up, let's try something else.

I suggest we meet up at the little park we've visited near Yonge and Eglinton (If anyone has any better ideas for location, High Park say, that could work too) at 2pm. We can enjoy the nice weather for a while... toss a frisbee, a football, kick a soccer ball around, or what have you, for a while, then we can head off to dinner in the area and on to whatever people feel like.

There's the Festival of Fire: Italy, at Ontario Place that night, The Hulk comes out the day before... don't know that I really want to see it, but who knows? Or we can just hang out somewhere.

How does this sound to you? Got suggestions for a better area, or other things to do in the evening?

After I get some feedback I'll try and firm up the plans, hopefully by monday-tuesday.

EDIT: June 14th -- The 21st does not look like a good day. I'm looking into other days.

2. bacardijedi

bacardijedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 9, 2000
    June 21 sounds good to me - The Bohemian is not doing anything. How about High Park? There's a zoo in there, and I don't mean us. There's also a hell of a playground where we can act like animals. We could walk down to the lake to get to Ontario Place, so it seems like a good location to hang out at if we're ultimately going to see the festival thing (or is it the fire thing? Don't turn 30. Don't quit a job. Get up early. Okay, I'll shut up.)

3. Sabrina001

Sabrina001 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Well, I am working June 21, but I will definitley come out to any evening activities that get planned!!

Sabrina

4. THEREALSHMII

THEREALSHMII Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Isn't that the day that the new Harry Potter book comes out?

5. TheGrandePoobah

Nov 30, 2000
    Yeah, that is the day the new Potter book comes out, I don't think the 21st is going to work for a number of reasons. I'm going to look at later dates... will post an update soon.

6. Duker_Duck

Duker_Duck Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2001
    How about Canada Day or something?

And I'm game, I'm always a fan of High park.

7. sw-starwarsfreakness

sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003

High Park sounds good.. close to home.

Yet hasn't the 14th already passed?

8. TheGrandePoobah

Nov 30, 2000
    The 14th was the date on my edit.

9. sw-starwarsfreakness

sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003
    ... the date of your edit? Or... Oh! I give up.. to tired from a long bike ride yesterday

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.