main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark Next Event: September 13, St Jude Chilli's fundraiser. Information below.

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by hyperspace_police, Aug 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    We did this one last year...

Here's the information on the one for this year. (Borrowed from the invite on the 501st website).

The month of September kicks a huge fund raising and awareness drive of St. Jude's Childrens Hospital at Chili's across the country. Each Chili's will be holding various events to raise funds to donate at the end of the month. Also on Sept. 25th, every Chili's (1500+) will donate 100% of their profits for the day to St. Judes.

I'm a manager at the Chili's in Conway, AR. The Arkansas component will be gathering, along with a local SW costuming group ArkanSith (gotta have Jedi to pick on ) on September 13th to troop our store. We'll be doing photo ops, bucket-off donations. They'll be a photo in the local paper the morning of the event to kick things off.

I would encourage you to contact your local Chili's to see what you can do for St. Judes. As we get pics taken and more things going, I'll be sure post updates. "

With that said, the time frame is:
    starting around 5:30 pm- 6:00 pm until about 9:00 pm -ish.
    We had a great time last year, and were able to raise over $2,000.00 for St. Judes in three hours! A great cause and a LOT of fun! I would like to open an invitation to all my brothers and sisters here in Star Garrison.

Directions can be provided.

If you can make it, please post below.

Thanks

HP

2. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    I might be able to dust off my robes for this.

3. VADER312

VADER312 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2005
    this is coming up quick

4. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    We'll be there, although we'll have to be spotters for those who are blinded by helmets. :D

5. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    blinded by helmets... or piggy heads... hee hee

Or should I say oink oink... that works too...

6. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    BUMP cause this is tomorrow and I've been bringing stuff back from the dead... (Sorry...you all know how I get sometimes)

So.... anyway... just moving this back up where it belongs...

7. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    I was planning on coming to this...until I found out I actually have students for my sculpture class! It is from 7-9, so I may try to drop by before hand, but probably not in costume.

8. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Thanks to everyone who came out for this...

We're planning some organizational changes for next year (assuming that we do it agian...and I'm sure we will unless John has a different job)...but, it was as successful as it could have been considering the circumstances...

9. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    What happened?

10. VADER312

VADER312 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2005
    I'm sure John will let us know what he wants to do.

11. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Nothing bad... just poor support recieved by John from his new dsitrict something or another... But, we have some ideas to
    boos the fund raising next year...

Top secret stuff...

Now I just have to go stuff them inside a droid and hope that he can find Obi-Wan in time... Oh wait... thats another story....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.