Next Fan Film Meeting

Discussion in 'Omaha, NE' started by yatchie, Aug 28, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yatchie Jedi Knight

star 1
    Does anyone have any ideas about when we want to have the next fan film meeting?
  2. That awful vracer Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'd be willing to host it in my one bedroom hovel on, say a saturday. But, I'd have to put an attendence cap at 5 people. I can comfortably seat 5 people, and I'll sit on a big pillow on the floor. I'm thinking that we need to move from the concept stage to the planning and execution stage.

Keep in mind that holding the meeting at my apartment(with the 5 person limit) is only a suggestion. I'm open to any suggestions about when-n-where to hold the meeting. Actually, I might be able to host as many as 7, if someone brought two folding chairs.

Now, IF we hold it at my apt., who will attend? I'd hate to exclude anybody who wanted to attend, but the size of my hovel precludes having any more. But, there are some key people I'd like to see there if possible:

Bob
    Craig
    Yatchie
    Dawmer
    Paperclip X
    Rusty -- that is, if you still want to be involved. If you want to discuss last weekend, we can be civil. If you want to forget it, and move on, that's fine too.

If no other places come into consideration, I'd be happy to host the meeting. I'm thinking we'd start it at about 5-6pm, on a saturday, possibly sunday. I also think we need to have it within the next 2-3 weeks, schedules permitting. Let's keep meeting specific topics confined to our bothan spy net! We should only have discussions here related to location of meeting, times, and who can/can't attend, etc. Let's check our schedules, and see when the best time to have the meeting is, and then decide on where. And like I said, I think the next 2-3 weeks is advisable. Having these meetings separate from the regular meetings is crucial to keeping momentum on this thing.

Please remember that these are only my suggestions. If someone has a better idea, I'm certainly open to it.
  3. Jade Skyhiker Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm small, I can scoosh in someplace without having to occupy 1 full grown person's space

er, ya ;)
  4. AlienAcid Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  5. Jade Skyhiker Jedi Master

star 4
    darn right. Now go haunt the Ottawa Fanforce boards like a good boy now

=\
  6. AlienAcid Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I scared everyone out of there.

7. Jade Skyhiker Jedi Master

star 4
    somehow, I'm not surprised
  8. AlienAcid Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Yet you stick around me... whats that say :D

I have got the power.... I got the touch... YAAAAA

//uses matrix of leadership to wipe jades memory to get out of trouble
  9. That awful vracer Jedi Knight

star 3
    Sure you can attend Jade! I have several phone books, in lieu of a booster seat!!!!!!!!!! :D
  10. AlienAcid Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    :D I like you.. ;)

If i make those jokes I would get a smack.
  11. Dawmer299 Jedi Knight

star 1
    First off, I count as 2... hehe, but I cant make it this weekend, gotta date!! HELL YEAH... Going to a movie... Wish Episode 1 was still playing. :) And I have to move Wolfie (which he's going to owe me the next time I move). Laters Dawmer
  12. AlienAcid Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    GO Dawmer, but here are some tips..

women dont like body noises.

if you drink, dont impress her with your skill to burp words.

um.. if you need real advice um sorry, cause well look at me [face_devil]
  13. yatchie Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well I'll offer my place too, but like vracer I can get 6 maybe 7. I'll be more than happy to give up my seat and sit on the floor and that would make 8.

Plus I do have 2 cats so if any one is allergic or just don't like cats then this idea would not ba a good one then.
  14. AlienAcid Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    To bad im in canada.. we can have about 15 people in the basment alone.. and outside.. well its 110X60 the backyard roughly and a 16X14 deck...

:D

small house though =/
  15. craigrr Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey Vracer- Don't hink I'll be able to make it. Family is coming to town for Labor Day weekend. Damn it! I really hate the fact that I've missed so many meetings. Maybe next time though...
  16. That awful vracer Jedi Knight

star 3
    Why does everybody think I mean THIS weekend? I have family in town too. Maybe I just wasn't clear. I'm thinking a weekend or two AFTER this weekend. Y'know as in the next 2 or 3 weeks, not DAYS!!!! Yeesh!! [face_plain]
  17. craigrr Jedi Master

star 4
    D'oh! If you meant 2 or 3 weeks from now, I think something can be worked out.
  18. craigrr Jedi Master

star 4
    Ooops. Duplicate post. Sorry...
  19. That awful vracer Jedi Knight

star 3
    I have the strangest feeling of deja vu.......
  20. UncleOwen1138 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Saturdays are pretty good for me. If it's the 15th or 22nd, time is not a problem. If it's the 29th I work till 5:30, but could go after. Just let me know. Thanks.

Bob
  21. yatchie Jedi Knight

star 1
    another idea, we all could go meet at a place like Chili's again, if we can't find a place
  22. That awful vracer Jedi Knight

star 3
    Mmmm, ..........i dunno. We need to make some significant headway this time around. It seems to me that a bar/grill/public place would lead to un-needed distractions. Plus, I wanted the digital camera people to bring cameras so that we could get some photos. I have an idea or two for our Fan film logo.

I think what we need right now [HINT ;)] is for people who want to attend to post that they would like to attend and which weekend would be best, Sept. 8th, or 15th. I'm leaning towards the 15th, since that is the soonest BoB can attend. Once we get an preliminary head count, then we can set a date, and figure out the where. I think my hovel will do, since there are bound to be people who just can't attend.

I just hope that Lance Thruster can make this meeting. His role is hanging by a string if he doesn't make this meeting!
  23. yatchie Jedi Knight

star 1
    once again the wise obi Wan has spoken.
    Count me in for either weekend. Time doesn't matter either.
    I think lance will be able to make it too. I'll bring my camera also.
  24. Dawmer299 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Thanks for the advice AA.... I'll keep it in mind. 15th works for me. I start a new job on the 10 so I'll have weekends free (hopefully). Laters Dawmer
  25. That awful vracer Jedi Knight

star 3
    Everything has proceded exactly as I have forseen.................
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.