main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton Next Fanfilm Meeting???

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Rogue_Thunder, Aug 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    I know it's soon to start talking about the next meeting but no reason I can't edit the thread now. (Translation = I can't sleep :( )

Anyways I'm free except for: 13th, 18th to the 20th (only during the day though).

We should try and schedule the next one for a weekend so Ky Wan can make it and maybe then we'll have a better turn out too.

2. BFett333

BFett333 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2003
    Any chance since most of you drive...or can get a ride...of doing a meeting not so far away from my end of town? What would be another 10 or 15 minutes for you guys would save me at least an hour. Just an idea...and only if it doesn't inconvenience the rest of you. Maybe the Timmy's by Southgate? That's about 15 minutes at the most from West Ed, and it cuts out at least one bus for me. Well....and only if someone can give Terry a ride at least part of the way home. I don't really know where the rest of you live....so maybe there is an even better location. Any ideas?

3. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    I live out of town. The closest place in the city to me is WEM. I don't know if I'd be able to drive all the way down there. If I could get a ride from WEM then maybe... I might have to sit this one out if it's there.

4. geekgirl76

geekgirl76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    What about downtown? Faye tells me there's a new Tim Hortons on Jasper and 102nd? It's one bus to Millwoods transit station (it doesn't run often but it runs), one bus for me and not a big deal to get to from the west end.

5. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    It's okay Rogue....like I said I don't want to change things and make it not work for someone else. I know everyone will understand that it will be difficult for me to come to meetings.....and that if I'm not there it certainly isn't because I don't want to be. I can do things for the group without being there....Terry can fill me in and the board can keep me updated. No worries!

6. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Downtowns not so bad. It'd probably still be a drive for Alex though.

7. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    Im good to go anywhere, but it does depend on Alex and whether he is allowed to drive in the Big City yet... :)

Have to hear from Troy too, to see when he is available.

Indy

8. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Anyone have his #?

9. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    So do we have an idea for the next meeting? Same place so as not to screw anyone up just yet......tomorrow? I'm just trying to put my ducks in a row so to speak for tomorrow. I'm pretty sure tomorrow I could make it for awhile if it's 'round sixish.

10. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Well, guess I'll make it so... :confused:

11. Tohrgan_Fex

Tohrgan_Fex Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2002
    I talked to Indy tonight. I got back from my weekend (I had a blast).

Sorry, but I won't be able to make it Wednesday. The first time I'd be able to make it is Saturday. :(

In the future, I'd say that we should indeed find a better place for the meeting, or someone (like me, for instance) should pop down south to grab our Millwoodian friend. An hour on the bus just isn't nice...and it's only a fifteen minute longer drive.

If I can make it, I'll volunteer to drive, anyways.

12. geekgirl76

Mar 29, 2002
    I'll be there at 6. (see I can read when I try) :p

13. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    I will come down to the Southside to pick you up Angela... just give me a time and a place...

Indy

14. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    So I'm guessing we won't be having any meetings about the fan film on a sunday or a monday?

15. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    You guys are sweet......it's not the way there...that's from Downtown after work and only about 15 minutes. It's the dreaded 2 hour trek home afterwards. But thanks for the offer!

Sooooo....that does say 6:00...right? Are you writing this down Terry? Have either of us got it right this time?? ~laughing~

16. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Well then I can give you a lift home if you like, that is no problem. Whether I drive down there before the meeting or afterwards, makes no difference to me! :)

Indy

17. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    See you guys tonight.

18. geekgirl76

Mar 29, 2002
    Well, after falling off a ladder and hobbling halfway to the bus stop only to watch it drive past, I figured it would be a good idea to head home and call the rest of the day a bust. Sorry I missed tonight.

19. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    Geesh Terry! Hope your whatever is hobbling you is better soon! You and I have costuming to discuss asap...I have directions from above...... ;) You and I were pretty close on the costumes needed but we'll need a little...errr...sub-committee meeting. Yeah...that's it...sub-committee....sounds all official-like doesn't it :cool:

20. Tohrgan_Fex

Tohrgan_Fex Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2002
    I'm getting a metric crud-load of company this weekend. I'll probably be overly busy. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.