main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Omaha, NE Next FanForce Meeting June 4th!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by paperclipx, May 20, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paperclipx

paperclipx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2001
    Hi all,

The next gathering of the Omaha FanForce is scheduled for Monday, June 4th. We will again meet at the Mystery Book Store, 1422 S 13th St at 6 pm. Hope to see you all there!

Mark

2. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    Ok, looks like its a go for a pot luck at the next meeting, so go ahead and start posting here what you're bringing!

3. Dawmer299

Dawmer299 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2001
    I got chips and bean/cheese dip. Dawmer

4. TheStarKiller

TheStarKiller Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2000
    Well, if you're going to bring a dip, you should do the following:

Get chili with no beans
    A block of cheddar cheese
    Put some milk in it to make it gooey

Melt it down and you have creamy goodness like Grandma used to make....

But that's just me.

My associate and I (and by associate, I mean Josh...we are not lovers or anything like that...well, maybe we are..stay tuned) will be bringing a large sandwich for all to pick on. Nice beef and cheese for everyone's enjoyment.

Love? Love...

-- Rusty aka TheStarKiller

PS - Is everyone here over 21? More of a beverage question here, I guess. ;-)

5. UncleOwen1138

UncleOwen1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2001
    I'll bring some hot wings.

Bob

6. That awful vracer

That awful vracer Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2000
    I'll bring cookies, or brownies, or something simple.

7. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    I'll bring pop and ice. Who likes what kind? I'll also bring plates. Let me know what you like..

Mark

8. That awful vracer

That awful vracer Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2000
    I suppose that the fine china is out of the question, huh? And don't forget to polish the sivlerware too!

9. LuneKell

LuneKell Jedi Youngling

Jan 20, 2001
    Hi, guys!

I've got tons of plates, plastic ware, napkins and cups. (I host so many suthor signings and other events here at the books store that it only makes sense to buy everything in bulk quantity.) So don't worry about that stuff -- I've got it well under control. I will probably bring a salad.

By the way, I'd appreciate it if no one brought any booze in case there are under 21ers who want to attend. The rules are rather sticky about stuff like that. Plus, I have a real strong thing about alcohol. Three very good friends of mine were killed by a drunk driver, and I have been very anti-booze since then.

Kate

10. banthagrl

banthagrl Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2001
    Since Vracer already has dibs on cookies/brownies, I'll bring a fresh fruit salad - if no one objects to something healthy! ;)

(for future reference, I make a mean batch of wookiee cookiees...)

11. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    Ok all, no beer. We can do that afterward if you want to. As far as what we have planned, the food of course, we also will watch Hardware Wars and perhaps Troops. We also want to get know each other. We really didnt have time for good introductions last meeting. So we want to know about you, and your love for Star Wars.

12. Jade Skyhiker

Jade Skyhiker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2000
    Coolies. Everything sounds great =)

Ah, and yes, it's about time I finally showed my face around here hehe. I'm that little girl with the funny accent who hogged entertaining that cute kitty of Kate's for nearly the entire meeting. And for the record, I'm one of those under 21-ers... well, I've got 2 months left anyway ;)

I'll probably bring some desert-ish stuff, maybe cookies or something. Otherwise, maybe some hotwings... if you guys want a mess =)

See you all there!

13. TheStarKiller

TheStarKiller Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2000
    Wings is always a good idea...Wings is good....Meesa love meesa some wings....

MooeyGooey...

-- Rusty

14. Jade Skyhiker

Jade Skyhiker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2000
    Wings it is! =)

And I'll bring plenty wipes hehe

15. jediamber

jediamber Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2001
    So is this meeting open to anyone who wants to come? I stopped by the booth @Alpha Con, but couldn't make the first meeting. I'm also a member of "Daala's Death Squad" the international female garrison of the 501st. I'd love to come to the meeting on monday and talk costumes and Dragon Con and stuff if you'll have me :)
    -- amber

16. UncleOwen1138

UncleOwen1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2001
    Everybody is always welcome at the meetings. We hope to see you on Monday.

-Bob

17. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    The more the merrier! If you know anybody else who is interested, let them know and bring 'em along!

Mark

18. jediamber

jediamber Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2001
    Rad. I'll be there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.