Next Force Psychosis Victims (NO SPOILERS UNTIL BOOK IS RELEASED)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Katarns_Bryar, Jul 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katarns_Bryar Jedi Knight

star 1
    So, who do you think will be the next victim of Force Psychosis? Reminder, NO SPOILERS OF ABYSS until Aug. 18.

LIKELYS
    *Barv
    *Yaqeel Saarvis
    *Radd Minker (BUT I REALLY HOPE NOT)

MAYBES
    *Rosh Penin
    *Jaden Korr
    *Jaina Fel (would make an EPIC plot twist if she succumbed to it too)

Thoughts?
  2. Gomez_Addams Jedi Knight

star 1
    ...Who's Radd Minker?:confused:

And Jaina going insane would be an awesome plot twist.
  3. Xicer Jedi Master

star 4
    Radd Minker was one of the Jedi who accompanied the Solos to the Livestock Exchange. The other being Nauta Wan, who did become psychotic.

I don't think Jaina, Jaden or Rosh are at risk. So far it's only affected those who were younglings on Shelter during the YV War. Out of that group though, I think Ben is the least likely to become affected. He was withdrawn from the Force for most of the war, so whatever affected the other Jedi younglings at Shelter most likely did not get to Ben (it is FORCE Psychosis after all). Most likely? Could be anyone else from that group.
  4. FireJade Force Ghost

star 4
    Stuff from the previews are allowed, so I'll just post the following in spoiler highlighting.

Ben's a possibility. He may have shut himself off from the Force, but he makes contact with it again in the preview included with Skyborn, so there's a chance it could "grow on" him and become full-fledged.

That said, I still think Allana might catch this disease. Massive emotional impact there -- perfect for a book called Abyss.
  5. Zorrixor Chosen One

star 6
    Hmm... something happening to Allana might account for the time gap between Abyss and Backlash to make her a little bit older, as haven't they mentioned somewhere Backlash is a year later or something? And if Denning does end up doing anything involving Force ghost/dark side spirit Jacen, then returning to save the daughter he died trying to save would certainly fit the bill.
  6. Katarns_Bryar Jedi Knight

star 1
    Nope, I checked and it's still 43 ABY. But it could be several months later though. And I like the Jacen idea, but I don't see how force psychosis would be connected to a force ghost. The only main pattern right now is the Shelter residents, so any young Knights (incl. Ben) are at risk I think. But also, notice how it's only Jedi that come into near vincity of one with the disease:

Seff Hefflin (unknown interaction) > Valin Horn (in med room next to sister) > Jysella Horn (attacks Natua Wan) > Natua Wan.

If this logic is true, then possible next victims are those young Jedi knights (probably from the Shelter)
    *Barv (fought Jysella)
    *Yaqueel (fought Jysella)
    *Radd Minker (fought Natua)

Ben would theoretically be safe, as he hasn't had contact with anyone infected.
  7. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

Manager
    star 7
    I'm fairly sure that it is to do with whoever was in the Maw during the Vong War. So Ben, poor ex-Gorog and ex-Sith apprentice, Ben, might very well be influenced by the Psychosis.

More interesting is how much time Kyp spent proximate to the Maw... and then, within a few days of leaving that area, became a Sith apprentice. :p

And then of course the fact that Tionne and Kam were in the Maw...

So it could be quite unpleasant. :D
  8. Ulicus Lit'ari

Manager
    star 6
    Ken Palpatine.

(It'll have to be the right answer eventually!)
  9. Katarns_Bryar Jedi Knight

star 1

That's a good point. So far the only connection Cilghal has made was that the infected were at the Shelter; but take that in the broader sense of the Maw and many more knights, even masters become potential victims.

However, until we see a Master get infected, I'm maintaining it affects Shelter-age knights through some force interaction:

10. Carnage04 Jedi Grand Master

star 5

I don't know about "next" but I do think at some point Alana is going to have to fall victim...unless the connection is exclusively Vong War era Maw Jedi.

I know some people want to leave Hapes out of the story for awhile but things could get interesting when Hapan Queen Mother Tenel Ka catches on to the fact that the GA is about to stuff her daughter and Heir to the throne into a carbonite shell. At any rate I would think that as part of their journey to find out what went wrong with Jacen an obvious trip for Luke and Ben would be to have a chat with Tenel Ka.
  11. Redeemed_warrior Jedi Padawan

Currently i'm wondering if the force madness is not so much a sickness but a form of dark force ghost, HOPEFULLY not Palpatine, my guess if any would be Shadowspawn, abit like Demon possessed.lol
  12. Katarns_Bryar Jedi Knight

star 1
    Interesting theory I hadn't heard yet. A Sith possession is a nice concept, but why would it only affect Shelter-era Knights? But following that theory, you still need a Sith:

*not Caedus (he wanted to better the galaxy and the jedi, not destroy them)
    *Palpatine (even his soul is gone now)
    *Lumiya (interesting possibility)

Personally, I still think disease, but this is a very interesting and legit theory.
  13. Redeemed_warrior Jedi Padawan

Very true, as for my next guess, I'm thinking we need someone "Bigger" yes Horn's kids have it but they are minor players compared to the big guns, like jaina,allana,ben etc, i've not read NJO in about 18 months (working through the late 70's though 90's Novels currently)who was at the shelter all together?

As for which Sith (if its a spirit related sickness), we could be looking even farther back even back to the Sith wars
  14. Katarns_Bryar Jedi Knight

star 1
    Remember, the Shelter-Jedi theory is conjectural, as only Knights have caught the disease. It could simply be Masters have a longer incubation period....

Also, we have 7 more books for plot twists such as more and more advanced Jedi getting sick. The cause and cure of the disease probably won't appear until at least Book 7.
  15. Jedi_Jade-Skywalker Jedi Master

star 1
    And we don't know what Allana heard when she was on Kessel, which is also in the Maw cluster like Shelter.

Is there a list anywhere of the children, Knights & Masters who spent time at Shelter?

Is Kesh near the Maw at all?

Might also have something to do with the Mind Drinkers.
  16. Katarns_Bryar Jedi Knight

star 1
    ABYSS SPOILERS OK NOW

So, predictably, Barv and Yaqeel got the disease. However, I found Qwallo Mode to be far more interesting. He got the disease in 42 ABY and vanished, predating Seff. He also overcame the disease through some use of the Force. Also, he implies it all began with the destruction of Centerpoint Station (and its sister station Sinkhole Station may be related to it). Also, remember that Kessel was affected by Centerpoint's destruction as well. This could all be Celestial-related...

Finally, Bazel used a non-Jacen force power. This leads me to believe that the disease's source may be one of Jacen's sojourn teachers- maybe even a Celestial? Jacen saw someone on a dark throne- and not Luke. the Sith ran into a powerful being known as Abeloth- whose Wookiepedia page claims she can cause force psychosis, but I don't have a source. Abeloth could also be the creature in Sinkhole Station as well.

Thoughts?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.