Next Gathering?

Discussion in 'Raleigh, NC' started by Starburstlvr, Jul 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starburstlvr Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Hey just wondering when everyone was going to get together next? I've been taking summer classes all, well...summer and will have the next couple of weeks pretty much free - sort of - well at least during the week. So, back to the first question - next meeting?
  2. chuckreis Jedi Youngling

star 1
    At the June 15th meeting we decided that the next one would be in August when we hoped AOTC would be at the $1.50 movies.

I guess August is coming and we should start planning!
  3. TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan

star 4
    For August, Movies at Blue Ridge sound good to me, too.

Later in the year, how 'bout some laser tag / video games at BattleZone, 8311 Creedmoor Rd, Raleigh. I know the owner, so we could get in to a birthday party room for free this time instead of coughing up $5 apiece.

I'm planning on some things for us on Sept 22. One of the Borders Stores, either Cary or Chapel Hill, will have a Bilbo & Frodo birthday party with Lord of the Rings themed events. That is, if you guys and gals don't mind crossing over to the fantasy dark side. Hee hee hee!
  4. Starburstlvr Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Give me a good couple of weeks notice and I'll be there in August.

And I must warn you - I play some mean laser tag, muah ha ha ha.
  5. TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan

star 4
    tapping fingers together, Mr. Burns style Excellent... bring it! [face_devil]
  6. Psycho_Jedi Jedi Youngling

star 2
    The movies sound good, but I don't think AOTC will be there until maybe around October/November, depending on how well it does. Or I could be wrong I don't know. And I would love to play some laser tag, haven't done it in a while.
  7. dinoX Jedi Youngling

star 3
    AotC is out on DVD in November...Unless Lucas pulls a fast one and moves its release back a year...
  8. TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Let's meet in the lobby of Crossroads 20 for a 7 PM showing of Signs, tomorrow Friday Aug 2. Sorry for the short notice.
  9. Starburstlvr Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Can't make it but enjoy the movie.
  10. TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan

star 4
    So what do you gals & guys want to do for fun? Whatcha want?

I'm pretty good with a grill, as I've hinted before.

If you guys bring some beef or pork or veggies, I can do the soft drinks and we can do our own DVD play of Lord of the Rings on a weekend. I'll plop it on our Playstation2. Games too.

How bout it? Pick a weekend.
  11. Psycho_Jedi Jedi Youngling

star 2
    OHHHH.....!!! If any of you play Smash Brothers, I have a GameCube, and if we do it on a weekend that I can go, we can hold a little Smash Brother's tournament. Ok, that might sound a little lame but I've always wanted to do it. I could also bring over Rogue Leader and we can play a little Star Wars!!
  12. TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Hmm! BBQ & games! Great idea! Bring it! [face_devil]

You guys pick a weekend, ok? like the 17th or the 31st. I can't do the 24th (Cary Lazy Daze) and LOTR trip to Salisbury.

Vote now, vote often.
  13. Psycho_Jedi Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Hmmmmmmmmm...........not sure about the 17th. That's the weekend we start moving into the dorms, I might be a bit busy that weekend. Unless of course we do it at night, then that would be cool. I might be able to swing that. The 31st, that might work. Of course I don't know if I have any thing going on that weekend or not, I'll have to check. But right now the 31st would seem like the best bet to me.
  14. TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan

star 4
    We can push it back into Sept. to allow all you collge and school bound folk to get settled.
  15. Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I think the 31st should work for me. I think that I might be doing some roleplaying on the 17th...my old boss invited me to come with her family to one of their d & d gettogethers...and I've never done anything like that in my life so I thought maybe I'd give it a try.

With school starting things are a bit up in the air. but the 31st should be good because its not to far in that there shouldnt' be a ton of work yet.
  16. TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Done. The 31st it is. I'll have lots of star wars games - stuff I wanted to do at the Theater but could not pull off in time.
    Chris, bring the X-box. I'll post it now.
  17. TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Gang, sorry about this, but, I'll have to cancel 8/31's party. I've been invited to go with my son at DragonCon. Let's reschedule for Sept.
  18. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Jedi Master

star 5
    So it's cancelled? Have you told Minicia yet so she can post the cancellation on the FanForce announcement page? Maybe you should email the people who have said they could come to make sure everyone knows so if they had to cancel anything they can make plans. Or use the Yahoo! group? ?[face_plain]

Have a great time at DragonCon! :D
  19. TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Hey gang,
    Which weekend is best for you to get together and have another party? 9/21, 9/28 or 10/12? Who wants to be lead demo'er and talk about the stuff they have that's cool?

Talk about it here and then let's get it on!
    The guys from Fayetteville want to join us for a statewide meeting.

Time to brainstorm!

Would you want to have an all nighter for Laser Tag? or Movie ? or Video games at my house?

20. Starburstlvr Jedi Youngling

star 1
    10/12 would be best for me. I've already requested that weekend off since my birthday is 10/13. And I plan to visit my Dad in Raleigh sometime that weekend. Of course, laser tag sounds cool to me.
  21. TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Cool - party at my place! Oct 12 is ours - let's lock that in. Say 4PM till ???????
    ;)

...my place in Cary, bring something to grill and I'll do my thing.

Somebody bring the PS2 (or else I'll rent it. I have the Trilogy, too. AOTC won't be out on DVD yet. I think that will wait for the state meeting in November.

22. lumberjedi Jedi Knight

star 5
    hello, i am in chapel hill, how can i join the triangle area fanforce?
  23. TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Gee, I think you just did! :) I've always considered Chapel Hill part of our conquered area.
    Welcome!
  24. lumberjedi Jedi Knight

star 5
    really, i wouldnt say conquered...

this is cool, what do you guys do?
  25. joy_noel Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Hey, I'm in Chapel Hill too! Welcome!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.