main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Next Gen Systems: Remembering When

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by V8ER_H8ER, Feb 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. V8ER_H8ER

V8ER_H8ER Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 19, 1998
    Do you remember when our current systems were nothing more then rumors? Were you like me and reading reports online regarding the new systems?

What made me think of this was an article I found in an old Playstation Magazine of mine. This article says, "While Sony is reluctant to call it 'PlayStation 2,' for sake of clarity we'll refer to it that way." I thought to myself, wow this is before we even knew for sure what it was even going to be called.

Then I got to thinking about reading spy reports about Nintendo's "Dolphin" system. This of course when on to be the Gamecube. Also, I remember when I first read Microsoft would be making a system and drooling at the very notion of it.

Do you guys have any pre-next-gen-system memories?

2. portman_is_so_fine

portman_is_so_fine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    I remember the Dolphin/Gamecube stuff well. Back then I was so excited to hear about it. I also remember thinking the Xbox would suck, but looky now, my favorite is Xbox and my least favorite is Gamecube. Ahhh, memories....

3. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Dolphin? Ha, I remember the Nintendo 2000. :p That was quite a while ago...drooling over some very early screenshots of PS2 games, and realising how very pathetic my N64 would look once they were released.

Of course, then rumours abounded of Microsoft's gaming console that would blow everything out of the water. At the time, it was shaped like an upright X (major coolness factor there). Ah, those were the days...

4. -Edward-

-Edward- Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 28, 2002
    i only remember the gamecube being called dolphin, on a slight related note, is there a ps3 coming out?

5. V8ER_H8ER

V8ER_H8ER Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 19, 1998
    Yes, "PS3" and "Xbox2" in 2006 while we'll see "Gamecube2" in 2005.

Nintendo 2000! lol, can't believe I forgot about that.

6. Jomero

Jomero Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 1999
    I remember waiting for the SNES.

"Whoa, look at how many colors it has!"

"It can have more than one background that can scroll at a different speed?!?!"

-Jomero

7. Boutros-Boutros

Boutros-Boutros Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 5, 2001
    Before it came out, I was pretty biased against the Xbox, mainly from believing whatever I read at Penny Arcade. OMG IT'S SO HUGE, LOL!!!!!!11 But I wanted Halo so badly that I bought one shortly after launch and now I love it, much more than my PS2.

8. Mayhem

Mayhem Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    I remember reading tons of things on the Nintendo 64DD. Which I suppose is now the GC.
    I wasn't too excited about an add on for N64, mostly because I remember being excited about the Sega CD and the 32X and getting majorly disappointed when support was dropped once they came out and had only a few good games(very few).

9. Angel_of_Sith

Angel_of_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 10, 2002
    i've got a mag that has a concept of the microsoft x box.

it's literally just a bix x shaped box.

looks kinda cool tho.

i also have reviews for games that don't need and graphics acceleration.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.