main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rocky M, NC Next-Generation Xbox to Be Media Hub

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Entropy, May 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Entropy

Entropy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    From an article by FRANK BAJAK, AP Technology Editor:

"SEATTLE - Microsoft Corp.'s next-generation Xbox gaming console will be more of a digital entertainment hub than its predecessor, making it even more of a PC hybrid than ever, Bill Gates told a meeting of business journalists on Monday.

The console, code-named Xenon, is due to be previewed in an MTV half-hour special later this month."

Check out this article on Yahoo!News for more information.

2. Drakkor_Knightmoon

Drakkor_Knightmoon Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2004
    Even though I knew all of this information I still liked reading it Entropy, thanks man. Xenon is gonna be SOOOO awesome. I think its supposed to be heavier that the xbox actually.

3. joe-da

joe-da Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    Doc Brown (Back To The Future): "There's that word again - 'heavy'. Why are things so heavy in the future? Is there a problem with the earth's gravitational pull?"

That's what I thought about, Drakkor. Did you mean "groovy" or that it will actually weigh more?

4. Drakkor_Knightmoon

Drakkor_Knightmoon Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2004
    No i actually mean that it weighs more...

5. TrueRevanite

TrueRevanite Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2004
    I am afraid that the new Xbox will crash... I think they are making a HUGE mistake coming out with the system this year when Sony is still working on this new HD-DVD format to use with the PS3.

6. JediRiff

JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2002
    I disagree. Think about it. They will launch HALO 3 sometime close to the release if not WITH the release, I would be willing to bet... and that would equal megasales.

7. Lodreh

Lodreh Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    Actually Sony has "Blu-Ray DvD"... Toshiba has the DvD-HD... but it is of little consequence... right now they are in negotiations to merge the technologies together for a standardized DvD 2 format...

Current DvD = 4-16 Gigs
    DvD-HD = 30 Gigs
    Blu-Ray DvD = 50 Gigs

Just a quick breakdown for those interested ;) Though I agree the X-Box 2 will only have a standard DvD so PS3 will blow it away. Microsoft is hurting themselves by releasing it too early.

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force.
    If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.