Next get-together: Original Star Wars vs Special Edition

Discussion in 'Victoria, BC' started by _Derisa_Ollamhin_, Apr 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Derisa_Ollamhin_ Force Ghost

star 4
    Alakin has graciously offered us the use of his livingroom and his new VCR to view the Star Wars videos, so we're going to get together this Saturday, April 5, at his place to have a viewing of both versions of Episode IV: A New Hope, insteqad of the planned gaming session.

Alakin will post details, such as time and what to bring, please PM him for his address and directions. I'll see you there! :)

*Derisa*
  2. Alakin_Marshwalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    Alrighty then. I am thinking early afternoon is good. Say 3pm? If anyone has a problem with that time, it is highly flexible. As to what to bring, any snack food or beverages you want above and beyond popcorn and juice/water are all up to you guys. Any other things you want to do before or after the movies is also open to discussion. And as Derisa already pointed out, anyone who needs my address is free to PM me.
  3. Vills-Kavic Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yay! Star wars watching!!! My dream weekend come true... I will try to be there as soon as possible, I'm training a newbie at work and might take a while. :_|

I'll bring some cookies if I have the time. Yay, cookies! With any luck I'll be in time to catch the Cantina... *sighs in bliss*

-Vills
  4. _Derisa_Ollamhin_ Force Ghost

star 4
    Sounds grand, Alakin! Thanks for the kind invite and all, and I can hardly wait to see all those added scenes!

See ya there!

*Derisa*
  5. _Derisa_Ollamhin_ Force Ghost

star 4
    Well it was a great success, and many thanks to Alakin for hosting us so graciously and well.

We watched films, talked RPGs, had a good giggle over at StarWarsSpoofs.com, and enjoyed crazygrrls' brill music vid, as well as munchin' on some grindage and slugging back colas and uncolas galore. Yum!

Many welcomes to new members Vills and Janitor Fett, who made it to their first event, and it was great to see Roderick again as well: now if we can just wake him up long enough to get him online...! :)

We do need to set a date for the next meeting and get-together, so post all suggestions here, guys! Easter weekend is coming up, and that looks good for me... :)

Chat soon!

*Derisa*
  6. Vills-Kavic Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey all,

I had a good time last night shmoozing, and any get-together centered around Star Wars comments and flash spoofs HAS to be good! It was good to see the faces behind the icons... I look forward to the next gaming session.

And Derisa, I'm unearthing my old Star Wars box to look for some obscure character to center our rancor epic on. :p

-Vills
  7. Qui-Dawn Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm not sure quite where this should go, so when in doubt....I'll put it here. Hope that's alright. :) A question that occurred to me when the SCA came up as a topic of discussion yesterday....and yes, I know it only struck me to ask it *after* the fact, so blame that on my splendid sense of timing, as you will. :) But....I'm just wondering....Rani, Derisa, I know you guys are definitely front-row-centre with the SCA....seem to recall Claire's in there too ;) - are you related or involved at all with the bunch of people that I'll see in one of the small parks in town....wearing their makeshift armor and costumes and such....whacking each other with swords and staves? That's part of the local arm of the SCA too, I'm presuming....especially given as how one doesn't see people whackin' on each other with swords too often, so this would seem to be the natural conclusion to reach. ;)

Ah, but of course, you know that you *do* have a wonderfully one-track mind when you're walking by and curiously eyeing all the sparring they're doing....and the first thought that occurs to you is....gosh....imagine if they had lightsabers! :D Just the way my mind works. ;) Tee hee....

Dawn.
  8. Woofer Jedi Master

star 4
    I used my SCA fighting experience when using a sabre.

Except I miss having a shield!
  9. _Derisa_Ollamhin_ Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm not sure, Dawn. During the summers we usually have dance, fencing and fighting practices out of doors, so it *could* be us, but since I don't dance, fence, fight or marshal, I couldn't honestly tell you. :)

*Derisa*
  10. Woofer Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh come now Derisa!!

A Little bit of Hole in the Wall, or Rufty Tufty is always good fun!!

- Childeric Aegidius von Wezembek, AoA
    one time Dance Master, Rising Waters, Midrealm
  11. _Derisa_Ollamhin_ Force Ghost

star 4
    While those may be two period-oid dances with vaguely naughty sounding names, they aren't as much fun if you have bad knees or don't like being "flirted" with by the socially inept.

No thanks, "Childeric"; I'll take spearing rings on my lance or knocking my friends' blocks off *on horseback*! :) Or maybe banging my drum and belting out ballads, or serving drinks and earning tips in my bosomy wench gear. There's more to life than fighting and dancing, darn it! :)

*Derisa*
    mka HL Briana nic h'Eusaidh
    Ban-fili n'An Tir
    agus Echbel Mhor na Seagirt
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.