main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

London, ON Next Happening Gathering...

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Primrodo, Nov 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Well I was thinking we should arrange an event/meeting that we can get teh entire fan force out. I posted this early just so we can nail a day and arrange it.

I don't know what we can do though. We have movies, I have them all as does most of you ;)

I have a house thats free most weekends, and a back yard.

Any suggestions at this point?

2. Wolf

Wolf Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Bowling is always good! i've been looking for a chance to go.

3. PaulV

PaulV Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 8, 2002
    I don't about that. I would not want to beat the pants off you guys.
    That sounds cool
    Paul

4. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Fleetway is cool :)

Maybe we can make sabers glow for when the cosmic lights comeon :) ;)

5. Wolf

Wolf Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Arg.. Shutters at the thought of cosmic bowling!

Totally takes away from the point of bowling and doesn't allow you to see the lane as well.

6. The_Last_Warrior

The_Last_Warrior Jedi Youngling star 2

May 6, 2002

Perhaps something along the lines of an outing.....but maybe we could make something happen ourselves.

I know the owners of both T.J. Baxters and Joe Kool's. Perhaps, if we were to arrange this all in advance, I could speak with them about a group dinner, or luncheon. I know they do "rate" things for groups, and that they would set up a bunch of tables together for us, etc.

Personally, I would recommend T.J.'s over Joe's because the food is much, much better. They have the regular sports bar food, but also have nicer things such as steak and seasoned fish, as well as some amazing pasta dishes.

Prices would be in the vacinity of $8-15 dollars per person, but I have coupons for free apetizers when ordering an entree, and as I said, I could talk about a group rate.

It might be a nice way to spend an afternoon, and wouldn't be too difficult to arrange. It's something we haven't done before, and would be nice to get all the members of the group out too.

Note: T.J.'s also does a lot a charity work in the city. If that was still one of our aspirations, it might be good to make contact with them on an official level, present ourselves well as a group, and make a contact.....

7. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    Sounds good so far, guys!
    Nailing a date will be hard, we're getting into X-Mas and exams pretty soon.

8. SarahSkywalker

SarahSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 24, 2002
    I go home Dec. 13th.

And...has T.J's gotten a new menu?? I haven't been there in about a year, but before then they never had much to eat...

9. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    I know they have an AWESOME platter of nachos :)

10. The_Last_Warrior

May 6, 2002

And their chicken wings......*drool*

11. SarahSkywalker

Sep 24, 2002
    hehe, ok, I'm sold, I love nachos.

oh, and remember in the car on the way to Imax I was trying to describe a Billy Bob Thornton movie? It was "Sling Blade"

12. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    TJ's is five blocks from my house. I was there for lunch once and had their Bruchetta. it was pretty good.

13. Wolf

Wolf Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Just another possible idea, how about laserquest? i'm pretty sure they have one in London...

14. -Phi-

-Phi- Jedi Master star 3

Jun 27, 2002
    Actually, there are two. Both downtown. One's a Lazerquest, the other is at Cosmo City. Personally, I prefer the Lazerquest. I think the price is still $7, but I haven't been there in a while.
    I also like the resteraunt idea. Food is good!

15. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Laser TAG and Cosmo City....from trying both, Cosmo City BLOWS. And it just so happens that TJ's and LAser Tag aren't THAT far from eachother....

16. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    Matt, you go home around the same time as Sarah, I believe? I'm actually here until X-mas but I'll be working absolutely nonstop, the only days I know I won't be working is exam days.

17. The_Last_Warrior

May 6, 2002

Yeah, I hear you Deb. I'll be unavailable from Dec. 5 to around the 27th.

But here's an idea. I love LazerQuest, and am now declaring that if anyone of you can score higher than I, I will personally give you $20. Yes, yes, I'm that good. :p

Why don't we make plans for a super-duper-after-holiday bash in January? We could make resevations for both Lazer Quest, and T.J.'s., and get a group rate on both. If we book relatively soon, we might even be able to have the lazerquest arena to ourselves for a game or two. PLanning it in January, makes sure that everyone can book off a day now, and avoid making plans for something else. Now, obviously things can come up that would make a few unavailable, but like I said, if we plan ahead, we could find a time suitable for all.

What d'ya guys think? If lazer quest and T.J.'s are not everyone's cup of tea, then what about the idea of and after holiday bash of some kind or another?

18. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    I always wanted to try one of those games...

Go in armed with a camera flash.. its a grenade!! :p

19. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    I've played laser tag twice in my life, both several years ago. Both times, it was 8 vs 8. I scored 3rd the first time, and 1st the second time. Seems I'm a natural.

20. Wolf

Wolf Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Jake,

If you need someone to beat you then i'm your man. I was a member of the Toronto Chapter of Laser Quest and finished either 1st or 2nd depending if one of my other friends were playing every game i played.

I won't take your money however...

sounds like a great idea! if we can handle the cost factor.

Matt

21. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Well anyway of having a Christmas get together than, like before everyone disappears, even just a night :)

The gf and I have complex plans but not till the 21st....

22. SarahSkywalker

Sep 24, 2002
    I'll be back Jan. 6th.

23. JediCourier

JediCourier Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2001
    Hmmm, either FFers are incredible Lazer-Tag players, or else we all like to brag ;)

I used to play in Ottawa all the time with my relatives...there'd be about 20-30 people in a game, and we'd consistently place in the top 3. But then, everybody knows Ottawa folk are easy to beat ;)

24. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    I've only playe Laser Quest twice, and I finished in the middle, which probably isn't too bad for a beginner.

25. SarahSkywalker

Sep 24, 2002
    Never played, sure I'd suck, allowed to watch?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.