main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark Next Hot Springs event

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by ChaseKeJac, Nov 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChaseKeJac

ChaseKeJac Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 5, 2006
    Okay Kiddies,
    We've been asked back for a canned food drive for the holidays at the Garland County Library again.
    The date is Dec. 16 (SATURDAY) from 2-4pm. It's mainly a photo thing that people have to donate non perishables to have to get their pics taken with us.
    Anyone interested, please respon on this thread or contact me.
    The last one went well and this one should be even bigger!
    Thanks,
    Drago--Chad

Locked at request AS

2. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    We're interested.

3. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    I think we are out of town that weekend. If not Tre' and myself will try and make it. Julia has to work most weekends in Dec.

4. ChaseKeJac

Mar 5, 2006
    Shameless Bump---We will have video for this event and I will be posting links to it after so......

5. Enderan

Enderan Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 30, 2006
    I wouldn't mind going. I'll try to keep 12/16/06 clear in my calander.

6. RedHanded_Jill

RedHanded_Jill Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    I'll be there. I am trying to find time to make a tenel ka costume. i told my 9th graders about it. (they had to make a list of 10 goals. I wrote 18 of mine ranging from earning my doctorate, finishing the yearbook, walking two hours a week, finishing my tenel ka costume. when i told them what it was about, yes they laughed. but not one of them can out nerd me. that is important.

7. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Jill: You should bump the costume to being above all that other stuff...geeze...you'd think you have a life...

Juz kidding...Know you've been wanting to do that costume for a while now....

8. ChaseKeJac

Mar 5, 2006
    I hate to do this.......shameless bump

9. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    Hey Chad this is just a can food drive for the pictures right. Or are you doing the saber class again. I think Tre' and myself will be there.

10. ChaseKeJac

Mar 5, 2006
    This is just a food drive and photo op, lots of people are wanting to get their pics made with us who didn't get to last time and they have to donate a non perish food item to do so. They said to be looking for a couple hundred kids this time. We've gotten quite a fan club here in the Spa City.

11. ChaseKeJac

Mar 5, 2006
    Hey,
    For everyone that'll be able to make it, please list on here. 2 pm start, be there in time to dress. Thanks in advance to everyone who's coming.
    I've recieved a LOT of messages from the library wanting to know who will be there and the kids have been bugging the librarians for weeks wanting to know when we'll be back.

12. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    See you next Saturday man...Looking forward to it....

Later

Bacon

13. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    Hey Chad Tre' and myself are still planning on going.

14. locokarma

locokarma Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 23, 2005
    Chad,
    If you see this before I call you, I wanted to let you know that I won't be able to make it this time... sorry, man. Something else has come up.
    I do know, after talking with Jason, that he wants to go. It's not that far from where he lives.

15. ChaseKeJac

Mar 5, 2006
    Anyone is welcome! It's gonna be a just hang out and schmooze with the kids! I just wish I had my Vader done by now. It's friggin hard to make that stuff!

16. RedHanded_Jill

RedHanded_Jill Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    you think i would finish that costume but i have this thing called the yearbook that seems to totally dominate my existence. i cannot get away from it. they got to hire someone who wants to do this thing. it's killing me. if i didnt have three kids and a hubby it would be easy.

17. VADER312

VADER312 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2005
    Chad! wish we could be two places at once. but were gonna miss this one. hope to see you soon.

18. ChaseKeJac

Mar 5, 2006
    I wish ya'll could be here too! It's gonna be a fun couple hours with lots of kids loving our costumes and fans of all ages diggin us!
    Again, thanks to everyone who is going to show!

Chad--Chase Ke Jac --- DRAGO 0013

19. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    If I'm thinking correctly...

There's just me, Henry and Tre confirmed and Tre's costume doesn't fit anymore...

Is this going to be a problem???

20. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    *Sneaking in from the library*

I do believe I mentioned I could do it ;) though that was originally posted on 327th board I do believe now that I ponder upon it...

Hope everybody is doing well! Sucks not having internet...

Until tomorrow: Remember the Force will be with you...always.

21. ChaseKeJac

Mar 5, 2006
    Everything will be great with 5. I wish more could have made it, but everyone who comes in is going to have a blast! There's alot of buzz about it here in town. Hyperspace and kynstar should be prepared for a couple of little girls who are fans of your, so be prepare. Tre will be getting some attention and Henry and myself in armor will be doing some pics along with the rest of you.
    This is mainly a meet and greet so be ready for lots of photos!
    If anyone needs me and I'm not around the boards, call my cell at 501-318-8151. I don't mind anyone having it, I don't use the minutes in my package I did like when I was working for Coca Cola. lol!
    Thanks again!
    Chad

22. ChaseKeJac

Mar 5, 2006
    Thanks to B.J., Denise, and Jason (nice meeting you) for attending. The Kids had a blast and they would like to have us back in March for the biggeest thing we can plan.
    Henry, I'm sorry you couldn't make it and hope you and Tre are ok.
    All the products we helped bring in went to "Jackson House" which is a home for battered women and their children, so we helped with truly a noble cause.

With that being said, let me air a couple things here and this is all I will say.....
    I am the XO of another group and merely a regular member here, but if I commit to an event for this organization and another one comes up for another group, then by God, I will keep my orginal commitment.
    I told someone earlier this week that with the bad luck everyone was having with vehicles I would do this event by myself if I had to. Not for the glory, not for the Media, for the sole reason I SAID I WOULD BE THERE.
    I understand extenduating circumstances, but some things just aren't right.

If another event is scheduled last minute by another group, then it should be at their own risk. This is NOT about group loyalty, nor is it about friendship, but rather honoring your commitment to not only an event but someone else.

If this upsets some people, fine, then you should be upset or feeling guilty about it. If this strikes a cord with you and makes you think, then maybe I've done my job and gotten my point accross.

Drago--End Transmission

23. ti7267

ti7267 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2005
    well said! :)

24. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Drago,
    Thanks for organizing another event with the great group of kids and parents there in Hot Springs.

If we had known the other event was going on, I would have let you know and we could have rescheduled to get a better turnout.

Sorry about that, but I had no idea there was a conflicting event situation.

Still, Enjoyed the kids and glad we helped out with a good cause.

Bacon

25. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    I am so glad to hear that the kids had fun and the Jackson House raised some food it is the time of year that the local food banks are really needing it. But what people also forget is that they need food all year long so maybe we can do it again during the year when it may be needed even more than know.
    Tre' and myself are fine. I had a few small cuts but with the blood thinners they looked a little bigger than they where. Even though it was a small accident, 6in. and it would have been alot different. Tre' had never been in an accident so he was shock up pretty bad. But thanks for all the calls and emails from everyone.

About 12-16-2006
    First I am a proud Star Wars fan(geek) and I enjoy hanging out with others and talking about it. I also depley enjoy costumeing exspecailly for kids. I think the main thing that caused problems on this said day for Arkansas was it could/should have been handled alittle differant ( I have an idea on this). Also the fact that when a person gives there word... well enough said.
    As President of ArkanSith Galactic Renegades and a looked up member of all three groups I declear this issue closed on the public forums. It is in the past and we as a small young state must take and learn from it. I hope to see as meany people as possible at my house 12-30-2006. Even though it is an ArkanSith meeting I think we can devote some time for a state meeing also.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.