main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Next in line for destruction

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JoruusCbaoth, Apr 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoruusCbaoth

JoruusCbaoth Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2003
    A bit of speculation about Death Star politics.

Would the Empire have immidiately gone on a world-destroying tour with the Death Star following Yavin's destruction?

The biggest target I could see would be Calamari, which seems like a no-brainer post-Yavin, considering it was in open rebellion, had a sizable navy, and full of Empire-hating Quarren and Mon Cals.

Or, would the Empire have flooded the news media of the Rebellion's death at Yavin, and let fear keep the citizens in line (at least until they needed another demonstration of their futility)?

2. Lord_of_the_Siths

Lord_of_the_Siths Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2003
    Or, would the Empire have flooded the news media of the Rebellion's death at Yavin, and let fear keep the citizens in line (at least until they needed another demonstration of their futility)?

Thats exactly what they would have done. Tarkin was a strong believer in the use of fear to get his way.

3. jedi_master_ikrit

jedi_master_ikrit Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 2, 2002
    In Dark Empire, Ackbar states that Mon Calamari was at the top of the list of worlds to be destroyed by the Death Star, so there was some sort of a list of target worlds to destroy.

4. JoruusCbaoth

JoruusCbaoth Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2003
    Though that was the Tarkin doctrine, the Emperor was by no means obligated to follow it to the letter.

The Farlander Papers (in the captured Imperial portion) recommended total destruction of all Mon Calamari.

Either way, I'm inclined to believe that Calamari would be destroyed and then go back to the rule by fear.

5. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    If I was Tarkin, Coruscant, (and Palps), would be next in line after Vader left the Death Star. [face_devil]

6. Iron_Fist

Iron_Fist Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 30, 2003
    Sorry Rogue_Ten, Palps would have sensed him coming, and nicked off. Or fired him.

And Mon Cal probably would have been next in line for destruction, as per reasons stated by other posters above that I won't reiterate again.

7. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    I was jus' sayin'... :p [face_devil]

8. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    I think if they would have destroyed Mon Cal, it would have only incited a larger rebellion. The thing about destroying worlds is that once you destroy enough of them, ya ain't got an Empire left!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.