main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buff, NY Next Jedi Academy / saber session

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by JediKnightLisa, Jun 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Snappahead

Darth_Snappahead Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2005
    Wow! That`s really cool! Seriously. (Don`t get too used to this kinder gentler side of me;) )

2. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    Cool logo Marty!

I won't be able to make it on Sunday, but will be there in time for the meeting.

3. JediKnightWannaBe

JediKnightWannaBe Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2005
    I won't be able to make it that soon on Sunday. We don't leave church until 12:30 at the earliest, change, then eat. What happened to Sat?

4. JediKnightWannaBe

Jun 8, 2005
    I also think meeting more then once a month would be cool too. Maybe the extra meetings could be for more then just saber training. Maybe we can discuss ideas about fan films and such.
    Are weekends the only time we can get together?

5. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    PM sent so that we can stay on topic here.

6. JediKnightWannaBe

Jun 8, 2005
    Here is what I did to one of the earlier logos. The "swoosh" (not to be confused with Nikes swoosh) needs to be tweaked and I had to inverse the colors as the glow didn't show up well against the white. I will try adding the glow to the most recent logo Marty added.

[image=http://www.smallrc.com/images/sslogo.gif]

P.S. I lost a lot of quality making it a .gif but I was in a hurry but I think it gives you the general idea of what it would look like.

7. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    Lookin' good!

8. JediKnightLisa

JediKnightLisa Jedi Master star 4

Oct 12, 2002
    WOW Marty VERY sweet! :D I love both of them. The one with the red snowflake is darn cool too... I like how the saber goes through the snowflake and "shines" at the top. I just love it! :D Thanks for all your hard work Marty... now we just have to get you to a session!
    What days and times are good for you guys? Even if we can only get together as a group once a month, Ken and I or one of us can get together with you at different times to keep everyone on track. How does that sound? I would like to get the 7 of us (Ken, Me, Chris, Marty, Gil, Antoine, Dan: did I miss anyone??) who are most interested together before I leave for Disney 8/12.... can it be done? (insert Palpatines voice, lol)

9. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    I am boooked this weekend and have to use the weeknights to finish up the baby's room. I won't have a free weekend day until next month.

10. JediKnightWannaBe

Jun 8, 2005
    I can usually squeeze and hour or two in here and there. Whenever, is convient for me weeknight or weekend the only time I really can't is Sundays until mid afternoon. :)

11. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    August is just a bad month for us. We have a couple of weddings and final preparations to make. Septemeber will be hit or miss too.

12. JediKnightLisa

JediKnightLisa Jedi Master star 4

Oct 12, 2002
    We can always try for a weekday evening.... I can do after 7 on Tues and Wed, after 5 on Mon, Thurs. I'm off on Fridays.

13. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    My Tuesdays and Wedenesdays are booked at the moment. :(

14. JediKnightWannaBe

Jun 8, 2005
    Here's my little enhancement to Marty's logo.

[image=http://www.smallrc.com/images/logo2a.jpg]

I didn't like how the saber glow seems to get washed out with the white background so I again inverted the colors and came out with this.

[image=http://www.smallrc.com/images/logo2b.jpg]

I was going to change the logo back to red but it came out almost the same blue as the the club logo so left it alone. I realize it needs to be a bit darker blue but I can tweak the color to whatever we would like the final to be.

15. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    I like it!

16. JediKnightWannaBe

Jun 8, 2005
  17. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002

It keeps the NR colors and makes the lightsaber stand out.

18. Darth_Snappahead

May 20, 2005
    I agree. #2 looks way better. I like the red, but it doesn`t look like a snowflake tho.

19. JediKnightWannaBe

Jun 8, 2005
    I'll try giving the color a tweak then to see if I can get it closer to the color here on the webpage.

20. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    The blue isn't necessarily the color on the forum. I'll bring my shirt to the meeting to show you.

21. JediKnightWannaBe

Jun 8, 2005
    Actually if you have the "offcial" RGB or CYMK numbers for the blue that would work better. Different monitors may show the blue differently so what looks like one shade of blue on your monitor may be another shade of blue on mine. IF you don't have the numbers the best way to get the true color may be to scan one of the shirts with a scanner and take a sampling off the resulting image with the software I'm using. But even that probably won't be the "true" blue that your using but we can get it close. :) Or we can just make a "best guess" at it (sorry a bit of my perfectionism coming through there). :D

22. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    The color was created by someone who doesn't come around anymore and is very open to interpretation.

23. Darth_Snappahead

May 20, 2005
    Yeah, that color blue doesn`t go too well with the purple.

24. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    The blue is just a standard color for the forum. we didn't get to pick it.

25. Solo42986

Solo42986 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 4, 2002
    I can request the Illustrator file from the guy who made the logo if that would be easier for anyone looking to tweak it (he said it's done in vectors, so changing the colors are easy).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.