1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Melbourne (10th-12th April), Gold Coast (17th-19th April)

Oz Comic Con: Perth (11th-12 April), Adelaide (18th-19th April)

FF:VIC Next meet! 11th October

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SithLord-Mixo, Sep 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    guys, don't shoot the messenger, seriously. Addie's giving us plenty of leeway as it is.

What about lunch and coffee sometime in Nov as our next meet? Say the 15th? (Not that I have anything against the Dec 13 meet, it's just that as I said before, I probably won't be able to make it.)
  2. Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus

star 6
    It's important for leaders to bring a degree of emotional stability to their role. Maybe something to contemplate before whirling off the deep end in response to criticism to the way you've handled 'being the messenger'.

Xan: good idea on having a November meet up as well, but I can already rule out the 15th for my availability, I'll be interstate (of course, folks can have a meet without me, but it'll be a damn sight less interesting ;)) I could do the weekend after however, but perhaps shoot Mixo a PM and he can russle up interest amongst the indians.
  3. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    I have been giving you alot of leeway and have been very calm about it, but over the last few hours I feel like you are all attacking me, again. It's kinda like being a cop and knowing everyone dislikes you for what you do, but when they need you they call.

I was only pointing out I wont be arguing with you all about this anymore, I've made my point, you have made your point and I don't see any point in going around in circles forever. This topic has been gone over and over by me and so far I've been fine with people jumping all over me, but everyone has a breaking point. I just don't see the point of responding to anymore scathing and criticizing posts, it wont achieve anything and it doesn't get any of us anywhere. I have brought your case to the Admins and leaving it to them to discuss.
  4. Dags Force Ghost

star 3
    Adalia - If it is of any benefit, I stand by what you've been saying and will support any decision that's made. People here have forgotten that only a few months ago this whole forum was being kept alive by Mixo and LordVaderFF. Only now with a threat of possible closure do people suddenly start coming out of the woodwork to make their feelings known.

Frankly I think the facts speak for themselves in that VicFF is not doing very well, it doesn't have a lot of support and is certainly not the happening place it was many years ago. I must say I did find it funny when Jet Eye said that this was a "perfectly functioning forum", ahhh I hate to tell you this but it's not.

My sympathies must go out to Mixo who has attempted to keep the flame alight in recent times and to LordVaderFF who once upon a time tried really hard to get more interactivity with the members but unfortunately all of his attempts fell on deaf ears.

Anyway I guess we'll see what happens next. There is talk of a catchup in November before the December meet so it'll be interesting to see how that all goes.

5. PulsarSkate Ex-Mod

star 7
    Addy, I do appreciate that what you're doing here is your job, unpaid and under appreciated though it is. I wonder if maybe the guys are chaffing under the yoke of interwebs authority? Perhaps a reaction to the loss of Hawk's much loved and less enthusiastic rule, rather than an attack on you. Don't feel like we're all attacking you, please :)

While yes, as PoT and J-E say, the VicFF has been going along randomly and highly Mixo/LV-madly for the last few months or so without even a wiff of a meet or even a CR, I get that it's a case of there needing to be meets to tick the boxes of what this site sees as a functioning Fan Force. That's fine. I'm sure we could handle it if we decided to stop taking little snipes at each other about **** that happened a long time ago.

And when I was CR, despite what people may say, I did get a couple of non-star wars meets happening and people did turn up, so there have been attempts since LVFF's long stint as CR. I may not have been able to go to the last meet because I was out of town, but I do hope to go to the next one, whatever it might be. Star Wars themed or not, meeting each other in person might go a long way to bury some of the resentment going on in here.

6. Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Did I miss a memo? What resentment? With the exception of Kla (who I loathe with a deep passion).
  7. Jet-Eye Jedi Master

star 4
    Ah Hawk. Dear Dear Hawk.
  8. lordvaderFF FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 4
    November 15th works for me......perhaps we should try and arrange a meeting place that EVERYONE (including our CR) can get to.

As has been stated, don't shoot the messenger...Addie is just doing the job as should be done.
    If we've had it easy in the past, don't blame the current administration.
  9. SithLord-Mixo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I am a little confused and have been occupied for a few days. What is the issue? We had a meet with more than 2 people attending and as far as I know the whole day was a success. So what is the issue?
  10. Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus

star 6
    There wasn't one, my main man. Someone threw a tantrum anyway, you know how it can be.

How's central Victoria this time of year? I hope you find time to come down south, hit a beach or three. ;)
  11. Jet-Eye Jedi Master

star 4
    You got water in Central Victoria? Or are you all living off your own juices?
  12. Dags Force Ghost

star 3
    Ahhh, that's not entirely correct. You're right in that a LOT more than 2 people attended the meet and it was certainly a great success, but only 2 of the attendees were from VicFF and to meet the quota you need 3.

Thus, technically from a VicFF perspective, the meet was a failure.
  13. Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus

star 6
    How about we treat it like new age schools treat report cards: the meet didn't fail, it's simply "Not yet competent" :p.

We only need to meet quota once every 4 months, so given the last meet was successful and it looks like we should at least get one more between now and chrissy that works (either the Nov coffee meet or the Starwalking in December meet) everything is looking fine.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.