main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Next meet-up suggestion!

Discussion in 'Archive: Midlands and Wales' started by rebeljediknight_88, Aug 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rebeljediknight_88

rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    The cinema near me is showing Episode 3 on the 23rd,26th and 27th of August!
    i was thinking we could meet up because a friend of mine has her birthday and is going to see it. this would be Isy's second meeting and my other friends first (i dont only have 2 friends).
    Who can make these dates?

2. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    Well, I'm definitely out, as the 23rd is a school night :p (I work nights) and the 26th is travel day to Rotherham for Signatopia on the 27th/28th.

3. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    I'm out as well. I'll be in Coventry on the 26th, and heading to Rotherham on the 27th.

4. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    i am out of this one too i`m afraid. working til 9.30 friday night, 8.30 saturday night, and there is the distinct possibility of me showing up at Signatopia on the sunday.

5. orn-free-tada

orn-free-tada Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2001
    so far so good [face_dancing]

6. TK0282

TK0282 Jedi Youngling

Jul 24, 2005
    Not trying to Spam here Guys just want to give you an Opinion.

As A member of Staff for the UK Garrison one of the things i do is Travel to Venues to see if they are right for us.

Ive Known Steve the Organiser of Signotopia for quite a while Now and he invited me down to Magna today for a look around.

OH MY GOD this place ROCKS

Think Geonosis and the Droid Factory this event will be bigger and better than any MEM or Collectomania

if you just thinking about going WHY..... just go.

7. Jairen

Sep 1, 2000
    Hey Simon, I hear you on the Signatopia thing. Steve has already got a bunch of us coming down, we are having a table there to chat about fan force and what people can do to get involved. :D We're really looking forward to it.

8. TK0282

TK0282 Jedi Youngling

Jul 24, 2005
    Phil
    yeah Steve did mention you guys have been behind him all the way, words cant do the place Justice i spent the first hour walking round gobsmacked.

I really believe this is the start of something big.

Be sure to drop by the UKG stand and have a chat i didnt get the chance to chat much at the NSC event

9. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    we hope it will be big, thats why we jumped at the chance as soon as we heard about it.

10. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    can any of you others that cant get to signatopia come to this cinema thing?

11. veritasuk

Sep 8, 2004
    every ones going to Signatopia, sorry

12. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005
    i can`t make signatopia anymore :_| but i have been talked into taking my kids to the seaside for the day, possibly longer as its the first day of my 2 week holidays!! [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] :D

( sorry Dave )

13. veritasuk

Sep 8, 2004
    Alright chaps.

Now my next suggestion will not be popular with the under 18's cos they cant go! But I thought it would be fun for the rest of us and those who might want to bring their other halves and have time away from the kids. You dont have to come all weekend and if you can get loads in an apartment its very cheap.

butlins

okay I'm bias because my friend is playing on the saturday night. But they are great fun and only £70 per person for the whole weekend Fri - Mon.

14. Jairen

Sep 1, 2000
    Well, you know I want to come to this, so if any of you out there are willing to bunk up, it does drastically reduce the price of the entire weekend. Let me know, as I'm pretty sure these weekends fill up fast :D

15. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Sounds interesting.

Ooooooh, Go-Karts and Ten-Pin Bowling! [face_mischief]

16. Tay-Mar

Tay-Mar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    :oops:

Who let Mark near something technical ??

17. orn-free-tada

orn-free-tada Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2001
    That butlins actually sounds kinda cool

* Climbs back into Northern cave*

18. veritasuk

Sep 8, 2004
    I have friends from London coming to this , skeggy should be no probs for us Mercians

19. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    right so nobody is going to the cinema! is anyone going to American Adventure on the 20th?

20. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005

Dave, are you coming to memorabilia?

21. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    :_| i've been trying not to think about it!
    i cant go!:_|

22. Jairen

Sep 1, 2000
    Well, Mark and I decided the Butlins weekend sounded pretty cool, so we're really interested in going. Anyone else up for it. If we get four of us together, we can have a chalet type thing and it will work out to only about £60 each for the entire weekend.

23. jangofett9

jangofett9 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2004
    When exactly will it be? if its before I go to uni (october 3rd) then you can count me in!

24. Jairen

Sep 1, 2000
    February next year mate.

It's basically a re-live the 80s event :D Fancy dress, lots of old 80s bands, and tributes. Should be awesome.

25. jangofett9

jangofett9 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2004
    I will have to let u know later this year then bud.....duno whats happening on my uni schedule...hope I can fit it in and become a child of the 80's!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.