main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mass Next meet.....

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by chewykingwookie, Sep 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    I know we just got done with the cookout at Chris's but we should be getting ready for another meet soon.

Do we want to do one at the end of Sept some where and then have October's be the Memoribilia Show in Milford? I am up for meeting again this month especially since some of us couldn't attend the cookout. We also need to get with the Boston folks and try to iron out some stuff for Supermega Fest. I was able to aquire a blank banner for the table all we need is a design and I can have it printed and ready for the event. I could probably also do some hand outs as well. We definitely need to decide if we even want to have a table this year.

So let's hear some ideas. We were on a roll for a while there and have wandered off a lil bit and now is the right time to get back into the thick of things.

2. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Jeez, only $5 to get in the door? Figured it was going to be the $15-20 SMF charges. If the SW guests hold I may end up hitting this thing after all. Really do want to get a Ray Park auto. I'm all for making this our next meet, so count me in.

As for SMF planning, I have a design for a banner Jorge so I could bring it along to the next meet and we could make a decision on it right there. Thanks again for taking care of this for us. We've needed one for a couple of years and this will fit the bill nicely. At first I figured that each of the local FFs that decide to show could provide their own handout, but since we're doing a 'universal' banner, maybe we should do a 'universal' handout as well. Something that lists a 'mission statement' of sorts and then at the bottom (or top) we can put the logos of the locl chapters.

There are some other things we need to hash out as well that I'll go over on the Boston SMF thread.

3. DarthIC2

DarthIC2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 23, 2006
    Any ideas on a meet this month? Time is limited for me again but I would like to make it work.

4. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    I am going away the weekends of Oct. and 28 & 29 for Chiller Theatre in New Jersey.

And I am going to a wedding the weekend of October 7th too.

Do those other weekends work for anyone?

5. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    for me most weekends in Oct work. I think my wife's family is having a baby shower for her the first weekend. So I won't be able to stay out all day on a Sat will need to go pick her up at some point. lol

6. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    The first weekend Oct 7th and 8th I will be cleaning out our spare room for the baby. Which means SW stuff will be leaving my hands. lol Trying to sell some dups on st.com and if that fails ebay will be the way to go. That weekend we also may go out for a night since our 2 yr wedding anniversary is the 10th.

All the other weekends I should be available for something. If we do the 1st though I would be out since my wife's baby shower is that day.

I am up for pretty much anything. Getting together for a lil cookout, bowling, pool, etc. Maybe we should include the boys at Boston as well (both Mike and Richie) in order to get some SMF stuff hashed out. We need to get some actual group business done. lol

7. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Congrats on the upcoming anniversary Jorge. My wife and I are celebrating out 8th in October as well.

I'm up for a meet in October as well. Not sure how much spending money I'll have since the car problems seem to be getting worse by the day. The only day I may have plans is on the 8th. I'm supposed to be going to the Pats/Dolphins game but I may end up selling them, so that day is a possibility.

I agree, we need to get some SMF business squaed away. Still waiting to hear back from the promoter, I may have to give him another call if I don't hear back from him soon.

8. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    looks like things have stalled out for a meet this month. we do have SMF in Nov which is good, but we should meet up before then to get things squared away for that instead of doing a last minute thing to get things ready. I propose either Nov 11 or 12 to have a meet. That is the weekend before SMF and if anyone has items to get to Wormie they can bring them and we can get everything worked out for SMF as well as have a good time.

I will suggest this over at the Boston boards as well.

9. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    I already responded to your Boston post, but I am up for either weekend. If a location is an issue, my house is always available. I just realized that Nov. 12 is out for me because I'm going to the Jets/Pats game but the other days are fine.

I think a decision should be made ASAP on a date and location. So if everyone interested could post their date preference that would be great.

BTW, I mailed out the check for our table on Friday. As soon as I have confirmation from my contact at SMF I'll post an update.

10. DarthIC2

Mar 23, 2006
    I'll be around this weekend if anyone wants to come by. Nicole is working a lot so I am on diaper duty.

11. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    Not to make this official or anything but how does next weekend sound for a meet? Either the 4th or the 5th should work for me. If not our other option would be the 11th since Mike is going to Pats game on the 12th and he should be there in order to get the SMF stuff from people who are gonna donate for the baskets. We definitely need some chatter going on about this. I personally don't want to look foolish having a table at SMF with nothing happening at it. Why put up the money for one if we aren't going to use it.

So let's hear some noise from the peeps and get something set. Holla at a playa!!!!!!!

12. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    I'm in complete agreement Jorge. We need to do some planning and do it immediately. This weekend is fine with me. My only problem is my wife if working both Saturday and Sunday, so I'd have to leave any meet early to be home by 5:30. If you guys want to meet out at Aaron's or your place Jorge, just let me know and I'll meet you guys there.

FYI: I picked up a couple of the Target Exclusive Vader Titaniums this weekend for the gift baskets. If everyone else could post what they plan on donating to the baskets, that would be great.

13. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I hate to be the one to say this but I may not be able to attend anything this weekend. I know I was the one pushing for this and all. Something has come up that I may be heading back to Ohio for a few days. Sunday may be free but I will probably be getting things ready for the baby coming in a few weeks. I have sent Mike a pm explaining what is going on and if I can't meet up with yall I will just meet up with him to get him the goods.

Jorge

14. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    Since the November meet will be at SuperMegaFest any ideas for December?

How about a holiday party or something? Maybe a movie? Or whatever event(s) might be upcoming in December?

15. DarthIC2

Mar 23, 2006
    I'm going to a Raiders game in Cali on the 17 of December.

16. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    I'm sorry. ;)

17. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    I was thinking for a meet a turkey holiday feast on December 10th.

That way it is early enough in December to not interfere with last minute shopping.

Of course bring your families and we could have some good eats and a nice time before Christmas.

Let me know what you guys think. I could host this at my place or if someone else wants to host let us know.

Do you guys want to do a secret Santa type thing?

Any other ideas for a meet?

18. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I was thinking about bringing up a secret santa thing. I know we tried last year and it didn't work out due to time constraints.

I think Dec 10th will be a good date for a lil holiday dinner. Let's get something going on this soon so we don't have to scramble around or end up not having a meet.

19. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Both ideas sound good to me. I agree with Jorge lets set it in stone ASAP.

The Secret Santa/Yankee (god I hate typing that word;) ) will only work if we have a good amount of people showing. If not, I say just do the beanie feast and enjoy each others company.

20. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    If it's @ Chris' place on the 10th, I'd like to ask my friend Ed (whom most of you have met) if he's available that day and if he is, you can count both of us in. :D

21. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    Just wondering if anyone else wanted to host this event?

I am happy to do so or if someone else wants to that's fine with me too.

22. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    If you guys wish to make this a joint Foxboro/Boston/Providence meet, I'd like to suggest Wormie's place, as he may have more room for everyone. It would be up to Wormie, of course. :D

23. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I know my place is out since we are in full new born mode and don't have enough room for people any more. I am up for going any where.

I do think this should be a multi-group meet because it would be great to have all of us together. We have not had a "meet" in so long that it makes sense. I know we gathered for the SMF table, but we weren't all there at the same time. Another reason for a multi-group meet is because of the lack of active members on all of the New England boards. We might as well combine forces and have fun together instead of separately especially since most of the active members on here are from the Central MA.

24. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    My place is always available. So is the 10th the day? If so, let me check with Mrs Wormie and see if it's okay with her first. ;)

25. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    The 10th is fine for my place. Can we set this in permanent ink? Who's coming? Who's bringing the dip? :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.