main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Rocky M, NC **Next Meeting** ( 08/14/04 )

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by Lodreh, Aug 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lodreh

    Lodreh Jedi Master star 4

    Registered:
    Jul 2, 2002
    6:00 PM - Texas: Steakhouse and Saloon - Food and Meeting
    8:30 or 9:30 PM - Premiere Theater - Alien verses Predator Movie
    Afterwards Until... - HALO??? Seriously after the flick would be a great time to play.

    **EDITED: Gave exact movie times intead of estimate.**

    Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force.
    If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."
     
  2. JediRiff

    JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

    Registered:
    Jun 2, 2002
    I say we plan to hit the 8:30 movie. And afterwards, HALO would be great, but the only way I could do it, would be if we came back to Fetts. I cant be out all hours of the night that far away from the kids.
     
  3. Lodreh

    Lodreh Jedi Master star 4

    Registered:
    Jul 2, 2002
    Sounds like a plan to me :)

    Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force.
    If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."
     
  4. joe-da

    joe-da Jedi Padawan star 4

    Registered:
    Aug 7, 2002
    Were Entropy & Kaiser going to use Eddie-Wan's place for the werewolf's house? Just wondering.
     
  5. eddie-wan-kenobi

    eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

    Registered:
    Jul 14, 2003
    I'll be sitting this one out if that hurricane comes blowing through here Saturday evening. Will just have to play it by ear I suppose and see how things look Saturday afternoon.
     
  6. joe-da

    joe-da Jedi Padawan star 4

    Registered:
    Aug 7, 2002
    I guess a lot depends on the hurricane..

    roads blocked, etc....

    and nobody will be playing X-Box games if there's no electricity (except generator-style)...
     
  7. JediRiff

    JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

    Registered:
    Jun 2, 2002
    Something in my gut tells me it wont get THAT bad here. At least, I am not counting on it.
     
  8. Lodreh

    Lodreh Jedi Master star 4

    Registered:
    Jul 2, 2002
    Aye... looks like a wait and see approach is in order... keep cell phones charged just incase.

    Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force.
    If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."
     
  9. eddie-wan-kenobi

    eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

    Registered:
    Jul 14, 2003
    Charley is now a Category 4 hurricane, about to strike southwestern Florida. I have a feeling its going to be worse here than originally thought. Granted, it will lose strength when it hits land, but if it spins back out over water it will restrengthen. Guess all we can do is hope for the best.
     
  10. FettFan5150

    FettFan5150 Jedi Youngling star 3

    Registered:
    Jan 28, 2003
    you guys be careful if you do anything.
     
  11. Lodreh

    Lodreh Jedi Master star 4

    Registered:
    Jul 2, 2002
    Be safe, all.

    Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force.
    If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."
     
  12. JediRiff

    JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

    Registered:
    Jun 2, 2002
    Yep. If we do decide to do HALO Saturday night, you guys will be fine coming in to Fetts the way you do. Its going the way *I* normally do, that you could run into flash floods on the road. So, like you guys, I will be taking I-95 back to my house, if thats the way it goes down. :D
     
  13. Kazuma_Kuahara

    Kazuma_Kuahara Jedi Padawan star 4

    Registered:
    Apr 22, 2004
    there is a 90% chance that I WILL be able to attend, the only 10% chance that I don't is that my car either floats away, sinks with me in it, or Kazuma actually gets scared to drive in this weather. Doubt the last one will happen though hehe...
     
  14. eddie-wan-kenobi

    eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

    Registered:
    Jul 14, 2003
    Probably wont make it. Just cant see dragging my kids out in a Category 1 or 2 hurricane.
     
  15. joe-da

    joe-da Jedi Padawan star 4

    Registered:
    Aug 7, 2002
    That's selfish....

    I jest...
     
  16. r2fu2

    r2fu2 Jedi Youngling star 4

    Registered:
    Feb 20, 2004
    safety first there will always be another day to ge fraged at halo if you are not in a pine box after a hurricane
     
  17. r2fu2

    r2fu2 Jedi Youngling star 4

    Registered:
    Feb 20, 2004
    besides i need people to bother here and at C3 so don't do anything i wouldn't do
     
  18. joe-da

    joe-da Jedi Padawan star 4

    Registered:
    Aug 7, 2002
    thank you, thank you
     
  19. eddie-wan-kenobi

    eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

    Registered:
    Jul 14, 2003
    Still hard to say about tonight. Looks like the path is going to carry whats left of the storm more to the east than originally thought. BUT, my location is right on the fringe of where their expecting to worse to be so I have no idea what to expect or when to feel safe. Again, I guess I will wait and see.
     
  20. joe-da

    joe-da Jedi Padawan star 4

    Registered:
    Aug 7, 2002
    same here!
     
  21. eddie-wan-kenobi

    eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

    Registered:
    Jul 14, 2003
    Just woke up from a nap with my son and it seems like the worst is here. Havent heard from Riff, but if it doesnt get any worse, maybe we can at least do supper at Texas. Guess I will call Riff shortly.

    Edit- If this is it, no reason for us not to proceed with meeting. For any who check the board, give Riff a call if he hasnt already gotten up w/you.
     
  22. JediRiff

    JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

    Registered:
    Jun 2, 2002
    The hurricane wound up doing nothing around here, and I am glad for it. :)
     
  23. Lodreh

    Lodreh Jedi Master star 4

    Registered:
    Jul 2, 2002
    Meal was good... Movie was great... Hanging Out with the guys the best... had a fun messing around with HALO... and would call the night a huge success. Now if I could just get people to cool it with all the smack talking...

    Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force.
    If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."
     
  24. JediRiff

    JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

    Registered:
    Jun 2, 2002
    Yep, therein lies the biggest potential for any problems.
     
  25. eddie-wan-kenobi

    eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

    Registered:
    Jul 14, 2003
    Sorry I was such a sourpuss with the Halo, but yall were warned. Just not my thing. Now hoops, or maybe some football would be another story. Anyway, had a good time, as usual.
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.