main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lg.Is, NY Next Meeting 2/23

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Moorglade, Feb 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moorglade

Moorglade Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2002
    It turns out Sundays seem to work best for everyone, so that's what we'll try to do from now on.

Next date looks like it will be Sunday the 23rd - we'll be doing some filming first, and the meeting & eating after. Locations TBA.

2. ORION-DA-FUZZY

ORION-DA-FUZZY Jedi Youngling

Dec 12, 2002
    party at my place after i live near alot of food places. scout trooper armor will be done by filming im also off on sat that week

3. Cailinn-Sarr

Cailinn-Sarr Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 23, 2001
    Jay & me will be there.

4. MasterSifo-Dyas

MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    Hello guys,
    At the next meeting we will be collecting some of the money for our domain name and the Icon fan club table.
    The seven people who voted for these two expenses will be asked to contribute $7 for the Domain name and $11 for the Icon table for a total of $18 from each person.
    I thought I would give everybody a weeks warning to figure this into your weekly budget. Cash or checks are fine.
    If you can't afford it this week, still attend the meeting and you can contribute later. See ya all there. --Billy

5. KenDeep

KenDeep Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 2002
    I'll be there. I love the sunday meeting idea! How about the 56th Fighter group in Farmingdale or Dave and Buster's in Central Islip for the place to host the meeting?

6. StarFromIHJ

StarFromIHJ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2002
    I'll be there.

Wouldn't Dave and Busters be too loud to hold a meeting in? And we have a Dave and Busters?!?! I didn't think Long Island had one. I thought we only had Jillian's.

7. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    Hey Everybody,
    Kenny suggested we possibly change our meeting place and mentioned "Dave and Buster's" in Central Islip.
    I mentioned this to Moorglade and she has visited a Dave and Busters in DC and she says its pretty cool.
    Supposedly the chain places have an arcade and a bar - and Kenny says the Central Islip location is very big so we could find a good meeting table in a corner somewhere.
    I thought it would be a nice change and maybe some of our Suffolk friends could attend.
    If everybody is in agreement on the change in location for the 2/23 meeting then is there anyone who can post the address and directions? --Billy

8. StarFromIHJ

Apr 5, 2002
    I'll look for directions Billy.

9. ark3

ark3 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 27, 2003
    Dave & Busters? That should be fun! Count me in. (I was in anyway, of course.)

Are we still planning on those pre-meeting activities in the morning?

10. StarFromIHJ

Apr 5, 2002
    Dave and Busters is in Islandia (which is pretty far out on the Island). There isn't one in Islip. I also don't know how to get there, what type of neighborhood it's in, etc. We should check this one out before holding a meeting there for next time.

May I suggest Jillian's in Farmingdale (which is in Suffolk) instead? It is almost the same thing as Dave and Busters. They have two restaurants (one traditional American, one Chinese steakhouse where they make the food right in front of you), two different types of bowling (one virtual, one regular), one pool hall, two clubs (one Jazz club and one 70's, 80's, 90's club), and an arcade (with a bar and lounge).

How does that sound?

11. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    Jillians sounds cool too. The info that Dave and Busters is in Central Islip comes from Kenny. Kenny, can you shed any light on this? Is there one in Central Islip? Both sound good but lets pick one of the two that isnt as far out. --Billy

12. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    Oh, one other idea is that we can do Jillians and also drive to Dave and Busters and check it out for future meetings. --Billy

13. ORION-DA-FUZZY

ORION-DA-FUZZY Jedi Youngling

Dec 12, 2002
    dave and busters is off exit 57 i think of the lie. right off of vets highvay and in the islandia walmart parking lot. i was there like a week ago. its a good atmosphere. the food is good. its not loud the game room is. its a nice place just bring ID

14. StarFromIHJ

Apr 5, 2002
    Why do you need an ID? Is there an age limit to get in?

ETA: I looked it up. Unfortunately you need to be 21 to enter. If you aren't you need a guardian or parent that is at least 25 years of age or older who is responsible for the safety and conduct of the child. I do not think we should exclude people who are interested in our meeting that are under 21. What does everyone else think?

I also looked up Jillian's policy and they do not have an age limit on Sunday afternoons.

15. StarFromIHJ

Apr 5, 2002
    So is it at Jillian's?

16. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    I vote for Jillian's. I heard from Triss and Orin who also vote the same. --Billy

17. KenDeep

KenDeep Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 2002
    I live in Farmingdale, so no problem there! I'm up for anything.

18. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    just a thought when planning meetings, they need to be family oriented. It needs to be in a place where all can attend. I would stray away from 21 and older clubs for a meeting. ;)

19. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    Thanks Strawbary, We definitly don't want to exclude anyone and as soon as we heard a place was 21 and over, we didnt even consider it. --Billy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.