main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KC, MO Next meeting 6/05/05

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by LukeSkiewalker, Aug 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    Hey everyone we need to start thinking about our next meeting. At our previous meeting we discussed that we should probably have one in September. I'm thinking that towards the end of September would be best. We need to try to secure a location that would be free or very low cost. Please post your suggestions here.

Also keep in mind that at the last meeting those in attendance agreed that it would be best to have a set time/date for every meeting and have outings be separate. Let me know what your thoughts are. For example when the new Matrix comes to the IMAX in November I think it would be fun if we could go as a group. Another idea I had was in October there are a lot of Pumpkin patches that have hayrides and "haunted forrests" and that might be something we can do.

Most importantly FanForce stresses that it wants each FanForce to be focused on activities outside of the boards.

I suppose that's it for now but PLEASE let me know how you feel about the above items. As I have said before I gladly accept the position of CR but I don't want to be the one who makes ALL of the decisions. It's not in my programming to be a dictator. :)

2. clonedmenace

clonedmenace Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 29, 2002
    not... old... enough... to see... the matrix... legally... lol yeah. um... i don't have any input, really... i'll probably be working a lot of saturdays through the end of october... yeah...

3. WarmasterDan

WarmasterDan Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 3, 2002
    It's called get an adult to go with us to Matrix.

4. clonedmenace

Jun 29, 2002
    well, yeah... but my parents are kind of against it... sucks i know... lol...

5. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Legally? HA! I saw reloaded with my 19 year old brother at its midnight showing and I was only 15 ;) Just had my parents buy the tickets ahead of time, and no one asks.

-sj loves kevin spacey

6. WarmasterDan

Sep 3, 2002
    My mom took me to Reloaded, so she could come with us if we decide to go.

7. clonedmenace

Jun 29, 2002
    i still haven't seen reloaded... oops...

8. Orli_Bloom_fan

Orli_Bloom_fan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 27, 2003
    My parents are against anything "R". Unless any of you guys have immesurable persuasive tactics.

September is good for me, If we don't go to the Matrix. Any Friday night, or weekend evening would work, except for the 13. :)

9. clonedmenace

Jun 29, 2002
    try a jedi mind trick

10. Orli_Bloom_fan

Jan 27, 2003
    lol. I think my mom is troydarian. (I'm pretty sure I spelled that wrong, I'm just feeling to lazy to look it up)

11. clonedmenace

Jun 29, 2002
    lol... wow we've gone a wee bit off-topic... lol whatever

12. Lordstimpy

Lordstimpy Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 1, 2002
    I think Saturday Sept 20th would be a good day. As for a location Barns and Noble on the Plaza?

13. WarmasterDan

Sep 3, 2002
    that sounds good, just need directions.

14. LukeSkiewalker

Apr 4, 2003
    it sounds okay to me...It would have to be after 5 though becasue I have an afternoon class on Saturdays. Also should we call ahead of time to verify that it would be okay?

15. Orli_Bloom_fan

Jan 27, 2003
    Oooo! That would be cool. I probobly won't know until like a few weeks before it, but I really hope I can make it!

16. clonedmenace

Jun 29, 2002
    HAHAHA saturdays in the fall! GOOD LUCK on catching me!!!!! *sighs*... yeah i'll see what i can do, sounds great though!

17. Laynel

Laynel Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 30, 2003
    Hey, I know where it is! Ok, I like the plaza locations...

Seeing as half our members are underage, I think the Matrix would not be well attended. Anything else interesting coming out?

Sat nights are ok for me. If anything changes in my life I'll let you know.

18. LukeSkiewalker

Apr 4, 2003
    Update: I dropped my Saturday class so anytime on Saturday will be okay.

Sep 20 at BN still sounds good...I will try to call this week and let them know we will be coming.

19. clonedmenace

Jun 29, 2002
    i really need to discover the date of homecoming lol...

yeah more likely than not, i won't be able to make it =\... i won't know for sure until closer to then... yeah.

20. Lordstimpy

Lordstimpy Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 1, 2002
    As for what to do for our next meeting, every one needs to bring something SW that means something too them or an item that most people would never have, SW fan or not.

21. clonedmenace

Jun 29, 2002
    interesting idea

22. Laynel

Laynel Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 30, 2003
    Cool.

Um...where inside BN are we planning to meet? It's going to be rather busy on a Sat, and it would be good to know ahead of time. There is a Starbucks in there, but you would probably want to ask if it's possible to reserve some tables, otherwise there will not be enough room for us.

Just thought I'd add my two cents. :)

23. WarmasterDan

Sep 3, 2002
    hey, can one of ya e-mail me directions to it? :)

24. clonedmenace

Jun 29, 2002
    ack, just as i figured... on september 20, liberty high school concert choir (=me and 80 of my closest friends) will be performing at the renaissance festival. =\... lol feel free to come listen to us! lol

25. Orli_Bloom_fan

Jan 27, 2003
    September 20 is my block party, sorry guys but I just can't turn down free funnel cakes and BBQ. Have fun!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.