main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KC, MO Next meeting 6/05/05

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by LukeSkiewalker, Aug 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laynel

Laynel Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 30, 2003
    Actually Stimpy, I would have to wonder what meeting you were at because if I recall correctly you weren't at ours. ;)

2. Lordstimpy

Lordstimpy Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 1, 2002
    Oh crap, I hope no one took pictures. This could get embarrising. :D

3. Orli_Bloom_fan

Orli_Bloom_fan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 27, 2003
    Ummmm, sorry guys, can't make this one. Hopefully I'll be able to make the next one if it's over winter break and my dad doesn't have to work.

4. Lordstimpy

Apr 1, 2002
    Once again I will do my best to make it. But I plan on pulling up some carpet and staining some hardwood floors.

5. Laynel

Apr 30, 2003
    I will do my best to be there.

6. WarmasterDan

WarmasterDan Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 3, 2002
    got to debate, can't come. :(

7. Laynel

Apr 30, 2003
    I thought you debated on Sat nights?

8. WarmasterDan

Sep 3, 2002
    when was that date again? if it's weekday, I can't go do to school.

9. Lordstimpy

Apr 1, 2002
    Look at the bottom of the page. One line below the page numbers. See Announcment.

10. plutoneam

plutoneam Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2003
    I'm so excited!
    My first Star Wars meeting! :D

11. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    So who all is going to be there tommorrow?

12. LukeSkiewalker

Apr 4, 2003
    Thanks to everyone who showed up to the meeting. :mad:

13. Lordstimpy

Apr 1, 2002
    I take it no one showed up? Sorry.

14. clonedmenace

clonedmenace Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 29, 2002
    hey, i said a long time ago i wouldn't be there... sorry, though :(

15. WarmasterDan

Sep 3, 2002
    i got the days of the meeting mixed up, and it seemed like from the earlier posts in the threads that there weren't going to be sunday meetings. sorry.

16. clonedmenace

Jun 29, 2002
    is the next meeting january 18 or january 8? in an earlier post it says 18, but at the bottom of the page it says 8. i can't come if it's the 18th... :(

17. Laynel

Apr 30, 2003
    My sincerest apologies. My week was incredibly bad, stressful, all out yicky and I just really needed time away from everything. I know that doesn't make up for my not being there, and I'm sorry. :_|

18. LukeSkiewalker

Apr 4, 2003
    is the next meeting january 18 or january 8? in an earlier post it says 18, but at the bottom of the page it says 8.

It is the 18 and the header has been changed to reflect such. I had a little to much wine when I sent the PM to DJ. ;)

I knew some of you weren't going to come to the meeting but there were some who said they would come but didn't. I was upset because the Plaza is a 30 min drive each way (even on a Sunday eve) and I waited for half an hour for people to show up. That is an hour and a half that I could have been doing other things like homework. Our FF is not supposed to be just an Online chat forum. It is supposed to be a tool to communicate in between real life events. I have planned the meetings but I cannot and will not be responsible for being the one who plans all of our events. Many of the things I talked about at our last meeting and posted here on the board have not manifested. The only two topics people post in anymore are the chiefs and the social thread. It seems like no one is interested in anything other than just chatted on the board. No one really seems to want to try improve what we have or do more events. And if this is the case fine. But I don't want it to be that way and if I'm the only one I will have to step away.

19. clonedmenace

Jun 29, 2002
    well, it looks like everyone's been scared away, so i guess i'll just say... sorry. i want us to be an awesome group. i am definitely all for being an active fanforce or whatever, i am immensely sorry that i can't make it to that many meetings.

oh, and thanks for the date clarification :)

20. Orli_Bloom_fan

Jan 27, 2003
    I HAVE been spreading the word to people, they haven't posted though :mad: I know I said a while ago that I couldn't come, but I'm really sorry anyway. This summer, I won't have Drill team, school, or parents to deal with, and one of my close friends (and fellow star wars fan) will be getting his drivers license in August, so I won't have to depend on my non-cooperative parents for transport.

Yeesh, I just read my own post, and its nothing but excuses! I'm really sorry guys, next school year will be a lot better, no more drill team! (Freedome,yay!)

21. Janz_Walker

Janz_Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2000
    It really makes one wonder... I never got my newsletter that I pm'd you my e-mail address for. Completely forgot abou this group. I'm sorry for your troubles. :)

Okay folks. How about this for an event. I need some extras for a Star Wars fan film. I'm blowing upwards of $4000 on this thing, my ticket into film school :p, and I have a dedicated cast and a solid story. So you can bet this thing will be at least on par with KnightQuest, Broken Allegiance, etc. So if that gets you excited, here's the details.

The catch is you have to bring your own costume. We're shooting in Manhattan, KS and we're looking to film sometime in January. Possibly even the weekend of the 18th, so you can have a meeting in Manhattan.

You'll arrive Friday night and we'll shoot on Saturday and Sunday morning/early afternoon. If you can't make Sunday you can leave early. We can definitely use you for Saturday's shoot. Final date is pending.

I have assurances that if you come down for the weekend you'll have accomodations free in someone's apartment. All ages are wanted. So bring your parents. :D

The extras are escaped prisoners that were forced to mine the planet of Despayre for mineral ore that would be used in the Death Star's construction.

After escaping, the prisoners raided the wardrobes of the Imperial officers who kept them prisoner. So they'll be wearing the Star Wars version of casual clothing, but it's beat up.

That said, clothing should reflect dirt, grime, and several tears and tatters. Try going through your parents' old wardrobe and finding some stuff to beat up. The stuff that looks in-universe is 70's casual (not disco), medieval, and military style clothing. Try not to choose things too recognizable, but I'm not going to be picky. Jackets, plain old sweatshirts, old cargo pants, that kind of thing.

Just remember, I don't have dates set. But if this sounds like a good idea to you guys, you could just have a fanforce meeting in conjunction with this little field trip. Sound good?

22. clonedmenace

Jun 29, 2002
    SWEET... i won't be in town the weekend of the 18, though... sounds incredible, though!!!!

23. Janz_Walker

Janz_Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2000
    The 18th isn't set in stone.

24. Orli_Bloom_fan

Jan 27, 2003
    EArly to mid January is horrible for me. My Drill team competitions are then. late January-early Febuary is usually pretty quiet though.

25. WarmasterDan

Sep 3, 2002
    so let me get this, we bring our clothes, right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.