main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cincin, OH ~*~*~ NEXT MEETING: April 21, 2002 @ Ryan's! ~*~*~

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by LovelyLotus, Apr 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LovelyLotus

LovelyLotus Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 26, 2002
    Our Next Meeting is:

Sunday,
    April 21, 2002 @ Ryan's on 4450 Ryan's Way/Gleneste-Withamsville Road in Eastgate, Ohio.
    At: 7:00 p.m. (If you can't make it at 7:00 pm, that's cool Ryan's closes at 9:00pm. If you can't make it by 9:00pm, THEN PM ME for directions to my house. Cause I'm sure we'll end up over there possibly.

Driving directions to Ryans from Kentucky/and the Westside:

Take I-275 to route 32 East, at the intersection of Glenest-Withamsville (the first red light) turn left and Ryan's is on the Right Handside. Turn right into the to Parking lot.

If you need any more directions or need move eleborate directions, you can call me or John. PM us for our Phonenumber, or if I have yours, just drop me a email and tell me to call you.

Thanks!
    Lotus!

2. ImperialRecruiter

ImperialRecruiter Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2002
    Meesa thinkin' I might have to break out Star Wars trivial pursuit if we end up back at our place.

3. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    Mesa thinkin there's no Gungan in trivial pursuit, how wude!!

4. Raktajino

Raktajino Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2002
    Eastgate? Wow, never been on that side of town before. Is a lowly westsider welcome? :)

Ryan's? As in Ryan's steakhouse?

5. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    Mesa no liken outlanders... ;)

6. ImperialRecruiter

Mar 6, 2002
    Yes, as in Ryan's Steakhouse. But really it seems to be more of a buffet style thing. I don't know if that's important or not.

Qui-Gon_JarJar, No, no Gungans in trivial pursuit. But I do have a nice Episode I Monopoly game.

Don't worry folks, I've got the classic Star Wars Monopoly game, too! And somewhere at my mom and dad's house, I've got the original Star Wars: Escape From the Death Star and Star Wars: Escape From Hoth. I might have to pick those up and bring them home.

7. padawan_schlicher

padawan_schlicher Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I saw several different episode 2 games that i could potentially pick up before the meeting if we wanted to play them

stratego
    jedi epic battles which is a miniatures game
    couple others don't remember their names

8. ImperialRecruiter

Mar 6, 2002
    Raktajino, I had a d'oh moment! I'm so sorry. Of course a west sider can come! The only thing I could see that would hold you back would be the price of a gallon of gas!

Please join us.

Hmm. Episode II games out already. Ludo might not want to play, but I'd love to take a look at them, myself.

9. Geekzapoppin

Geekzapoppin Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 1999
    Ah, Eastgate. Me old stompin' grounds. I think I owe the Blockbuster there like $50. You think they have wanted posters of me there?

10. ImperialRecruiter

Mar 6, 2002
    Maybe not a wanted poster, but probably a "Have you seen me?" poster. [face_laugh]

11. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    Mesa gotten the new games, but no wanna play, maybe spoilers on board!!!

12. Raktajino

Raktajino Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2002
    Yes, no spoilers PLEASE. We're so close to the release date that I hope not to be spoiled by my fellow fans.

13. padawan_schlicher

Mar 7, 2002
    i don't think that stratageo has any major spoilers, just character names and faces

14. LovelyLotus

Feb 26, 2002
    I do know when Ludo showed me the games tonight there is a spoiler on the back of one of the games. I don't remember which, but he covered it up REALLY quick so I wouldn't see it! YEAH! :D

Your welcome to bring it for the Spoiler folks to play. A couple of us tossed around playing EP1 Trival Pursuit or Monopoly. Imperial Recruiter is claiming back his orginally Escape from the Deathstar Game from '77 from his parents house amongst other games. So it should be pretty groovy!

Lotus!

15. Geekzapoppin

Feb 24, 1999
    I actually giggled when I read about the original SW board games. I don't know whether to take my life now or after May 16th. ;) Oh, what sad old farts we are!

16. LovelyLotus

Feb 26, 2002
    *grins* Don't take your life yet, Episode Three not even close to starting production. It just wouldn't be fair to have come this far and end it the day after EP2? Don't talk like that!

17. Geekzapoppin

Feb 24, 1999
    Too true. Guess I need to stick around till Ep. III to see how ol' Georgy explains how Obi Wan doesn't recognize Artoo in ANH. That's been bugging me.

18. ImperialRecruiter

Mar 6, 2002
    You know, that is an interesting question. I wonder how he'll answer that, too!

19. padawan_schlicher

Mar 7, 2002
    when watch ANH in the context of episode 1 it can almost seem like he recognizes him. "Well Hello There" and R2 gets excited to see him as well. Ben also says that he doesn't recall "owning" a droid. and how bout old Ben's "certain point of view" perspective on life and how much he lets on that he knows about things etc. There is also going to be something pretty major that will change in how we view a certain Ben line from ANH after AoTC! Any body that doesn't care about spoilers that wants to know can PM me

20. LovelyLotus

Feb 26, 2002
    But do you realize what you said in a way is kind of a spoiler any how?

21. Geekzapoppin

Feb 24, 1999
    I don't buy the "Hello there" line. That's stretching a bit. Obviously, when Lucas wrote the original trilogy, he had no idea that he would ever go back and write the Prequels. I just think it's going to be really hard, if not impossible, to tie up that hanging thread. If he does, then God bless him, but I'm not holding my breath. You can get past the whole Anakin/C3PO thing, since Vader never sees 3PO in the OT.

22. ImperialRecruiter

Mar 6, 2002
    Vader does actually see 3P0 in the original trilogy in Empire. But, with so many protocol droids being around, how would he know for certain that it was 3P0, unless 3P0 was mentioned by name in front of him?

Then you've also got 3P0 being only partially reassembled, too.

All I know is that Lucas will do as he wants. He's probably already figured out how to account for the deviations. And if he doesn't, he'll leave people scratching their heads and discussing it (like we are right now!) for years to come.

23. padawan_schlicher

Mar 7, 2002
    Lotus: I am not really sure how any of what i said can be seen as a spoiler, but if i spoiled anyone by being as vaige as i could, sorry

24. padawan_schlicher

Mar 7, 2002
    geekz: i still say it's all from "a certain point of view" but if you don't buy it that's cool, there's always the same concept of there's thousands of astromech's in the galaxy, and who knows how much time had passed between the last time ben saw R2, and with so many astromechs it is entirely possible to have more than one r2d2... and we thought one was plenty enough to save the galaxy

25. Geekzapoppin

Feb 24, 1999
    I suppose you could be correct. However, I always thought that each droid's name represented his model number and serial number. For example, there was probably an R2D1 and R2D3 as well. Then again, in the end, it's only a movie. Continuity errors just bug me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.