main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark Next Meeting: April 22. NO PHOTO. 11am: Fire Mtn. possibly changed name to Ryan's. Info below.

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by hyperspace_police, Jan 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Hey there fellow ArkanSith.

After much rescheduling...we are finally having another meeting!

We will meet at the Little Rock Airport at 10:30am on Sunday, April 22nd for a photo oppurtunity with R2-D2 mailbox.

Picture will be taken at 11 am. Please arrive with enough time to change (if you need to do this)...

According to Locokarma, the box is located outside the Southwest terminal.

We will be going out to eat at a restaurant yet to be determined after the photo and any meeting business will occur there.

Thanks again... See you Sunday!

[face_pig]

2. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    UPDATE: (you've got to be used to this by now...)

As of right now... The new plan is to take the photo at 10:30 and then go eat at
    Fire Mountain Grill. We are taking the picture earlier to avoid/beat the church crowds...

That will put us arriving at Fire Mountain shortly after 11:00 (hopefully)

I will be checking to make sure the R2 Mailbox is still there on Thursday or Friday.

So, check back here Saturday or make sure you post that you plan on coming so I
    can call you if there are any changes. (If I don't have your contact number, then
    make sure that you pm it to me.)

Thanks for bearing with these multiple changes.

3. Kamikaze_TIE

Kamikaze_TIE Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2006
    I should be able to get there I am working on arrangments with nlrtrooper so we hope this goes well

4. ForceConduit

ForceConduit Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2004
    I'll be there! Just call me when it's time to head out! Who should I go As I wonder?????????

5. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    And now I am delivering to you "Change of planes #143....

There will be no photo. We are still meeting at Fire Mountain at 11am for a lunch/meeting. There isn't a lot to be discussed...
    but we do need input on things like shirt design... Summer events... Etc...

After much driving around today (and I learned that if you circle through the airport slowly while staring at the terminal...
    security will flag you down...) I discovered that the airport R2 mailbox is in a horrible location for a photograph. It's wedged
    between a doorway (entrance to Southwest Terminal?) and the cart rental machine. It is up against the building so there is no
    way to get everyone around the thing to get a group photo, plus it's under an underhang making for a dark picture.

I was aware that there was a second box at Children's Hospital and if Locokarma had not been able to explain to me on the phone
    where it was... I would not have found it and that was after asking at the info desk inside. If you are interested, and please
    remember they don't allow Star Wars costumes inside so you are likely to be asked to leave their grounds for being outside...,
    the mailbox is located across from the ambulance emergency entrance underneath the walkway between buildings and is in an even
    darker place than the one at the Airport.

Because of this, Nyborg and I discussed it and decided that it was not worth the hassle to drag out armor and costumes and have to
    pay to park to get a picture of us all standing around a cart rental thingy...

I am very sorry about any confusion or trouble this may have caused. I'm just glad I went looking first.

And if you are going to look for the one at the airport you can't see it if you're driving through the curb side check in area...
    You have to turn around an look backwards.

So, see everyone at Fire Mountain.

I don't think there will be anymore changes...

6. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    You know, Just when I go and say no more changes...

This isn't really a change... just a wee bit of change in name...

We are still meeting at what was Fire Mountain Grill. It is located on McCain
    between Wal Mart and the Post Office. There is a possibility that they have
    changed the name to Ryan's (they were owned/operated by Ryan's anyway... I think)

It's where we did lunch on Black Friday... Any questions... I'll check my pm's
    tonight (hopefully) or you can call either me or Nyborg.

(I won't be able to answer phone in the morning cause I'll be in church, but I
    will answer any voice mails by 10am)

See you tomorrow

7. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Thanks to everyone for making it out to the meeting...

Thanks to nlrtrooper and wreyleaderzor for making the trip out to get Kamikaze. If it wasn't 25 miles on the other side
    of my house from town I could try and get him sometime... But, it's just not in the right direction for
    when I come to North Little Rock.

So, AGR member kindness award goes to nlrtrooper and wreyleaderzor for picking up a fellow member. Thanks
    for doing that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.