main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary Next meeting - April 25th BP's on 17th Ave

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by echosevin, Apr 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    It was really great to meet everyone tonight. Geekin' out about all the new stuff and reminiscing the old.

Prelude RM- your lightsabers KICKASS!! You should really hold a workshop on how to make your own. I'll be the first to sign up!! I WANT ONE!!!

I noticed on an earlier thread for name choices that Calgaraan was offered up. Cool name - how come we didn't throw that one in??

2. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    Thanks for the feedback. I think once I find all my lightsaber parts then we'll be ready for class. Hopefully I can make next weeks meeeting and I'll bring one of my sabers for you to see.

Ryan

3. Vicu

Vicu Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2004
    We did consider Calgaron, but ruled it out.

4. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    I must be pronouncing it differently then. Oh well, Tosche station is still cool.

5. veritate

veritate Jedi Master star 2

Oct 25, 2004
    For those of you who need specifics about the meeting:

WHEN: Monday, April 25, 2005 @ 7:00pm

WHERE: Boston Pizza
    1116 17 Avenue SW,
    Calgary, AB
    (403) 244-5544

Bring costumes and any ideas about lineup strategies.

On a personal note, Kent has launched a better version of the Polyester Padawan page. See my signature for the link. He's added a page about his lightsabre prop construction, too. We'll add more photos of the ACTUAL costumes once I finish making them.

6. Ktulu

Ktulu Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2001
    hello everyone

I have posted in this section a couple of times but have yet to meet most of you. I hope to see some of you in person at the next meeting.

Special thanks to veritate for keeping me in mind during last nights meeting, which I was unable to attend. Hope everyone had a fun time!

7. Jordain

Jordain Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2003
    Hello!
    I'm new to the calgary area, just moved from BC a couple months ago. I camped out for ep.2 for 32 hours and was first in line in the small town where I lived. I'd love to see Ep.3 at Chinook, and I hope to come to the next meeting to meet you all.
    So glad there is an actual fan club in town!

8. darth-paul-

darth-paul- Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2004
    Gald to have you here. Where are you from?

Come to the mext meeting and meet everyone.

Darth Paul

9. Jordain

Sep 15, 2003
    Hello Darth Paul!

I was born here in Calgary, but moved to BC when I was about 5. I was living in Summerland, BC, a town too small to have a movie theater, so I drove to Penticton to camp out.

Does anyone know if we can buy advance tickets at Chinook?

I look foward to meeting you all.

~Jordain~

10. darth-paul-

Jan 9, 2004
    We will know on Wednesday or thursday. OUr group has a request in with Famous players.

I am sure DrHaggis will let us know as soon as he does.

By the way, did you need more tickets than just for yourself?

Darth Paul

ps. I used to live in BC. Burnaby, Abbotsford, Chilliwack.

11. veritate

Oct 25, 2004
    Jordain - I'd also like to extend a welcome to you! It's great to meet new people, and we'd really love it if you could attend Monday's meeting so that we could get to know you!

For information about what the group has planned for the Premiere (including advance ticket sales, etc...) please see this thread:

*** OFFICIAL Episode III Premiere Planning Discussion Thread ***

12. whisperjedi

whisperjedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 19, 2005
    hi, NEW TO CALGARY, BUT STILL aLBERTAN, SPENT TIME IN b.c, AND JUST RELOCATED BACK, WAS TRYING TO FIND OR START A MOVIE CLUB--FOUND ONE, BUT THEY'RE pOSTPHONING, tHINKING OF STARTING MINE, IN TIME FOR "hICTHHIKER'S GUIDE", ANYWAY, INTERESTED IN MEETING cALGARY'S CHAPTER OF sTARWARS DEVOTEES, PS. RECENTLY DISCOVERED faRSCAPE. MORE INFO.tHANKS!

13. Old_Republic

Old_Republic Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2005
    I'm a bit bummed that I didn't make it last night but I got off work at 8 and just wasn't feeling up to it.
    I thought I should chime in and say a few things about my SW hobbies before the next meeting:
    I'm an Obi-wan fan all the way.
    I don't know how to sew but managed to make two Jedi costumes?
    I'm one of those wierd LEGO SW guys. Even after six years, the LEGO SW is still looked down upon by the 'more conventional' SW toy collectors. Or so it would seem. lol Here is a link to some of the stuff I've built out of those maddening little bricks.
    http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=42768
    My name is Trevor.

*edit*
    Should I leave my wife at home or do spouses come to the meetings? She's not a SW geek like me but does enjoy them. She's really kept me grounded as far as the PT goes.

14. DrHaggis

DrHaggis Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2004
    All are welcome to our meetings, bring the wife and kids. The more the better.

I too collect SW Lego, although my primary love is the 3 3/4 inch figures.

Welcome aboard!

15. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    I think Mine and Pauls wife wouldn't come a mile near our meetings. One night we tried to play SW monopoly and they both teamed up on us. It was not pretty. But The more the merrier.

Glad to see some new faces posting.

Ryan

16. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Welcome to all the newbies! I'm also bringing someone new to the meeting next week.

Dr. Haggis - I need a few more tickets. Would you please put me down for 3 more? That 5 in total for me. Haven't seen anything on the Famous Players (or even Cineplex yet) website. Hopefully, we don't have to wait too much longer!

Yrol

17. LEXIAL

LEXIAL Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2004
    Hope to make it to the next meeting! the last one was great. Toshi Station is cool, anyway it was great to meet some of the new members. See you soon.
    \Nikki

18. DrHaggis

DrHaggis Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2004
    I have you down for 5 tickets now Yrol, our grand total is for 30 tickets. I'm rounding up to the nearest five tickets for any last chance buyers.

Tickets will come soon, keep your focus on the here and now where it belongs ;)

I figure our group represents a fairly large portion of the hard-core-gotta-see-it-on-opening-night audience in Calgary so we should have no problem getting tickets. Veritate and I will be calling the theatre managers daily for updates.

19. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Dr. Haggis, Veritate - thanks for taking on this huge task!

I was at Sunridge last night and inquired about their advanced tickets sales. They maintain that they won't be selling until the week before the movie opens - which is bogus. When AOTC came out, I got tickets 3 weeks before the movie opened. So, if it's not this week, I'm pretty sure next week ALL theatres will have them up for sale.

20. Jordain

Sep 15, 2003
    Dr. Haggis, I would love if you would put me down for two tickets. If you need any info to confirm/hold those for me my email is halcyon_rain@hotmail.com, or I can PM you my phone #.

Again, thank you for taking on the task of organizing everything.

I really look foward to meeting everyone.

~Jordain~

21. veritate

Oct 25, 2004
    Heh.

As frustrating as Famous Players is being right now, cineplex odeon is no different.

We went to Eau Claire on a whim last night, to see if THEY were selling advance tickets, or if they could give us any more information than the Famous Players could.

The guy at the counter had no information, either, so I asked when advance tickets USUALLY go on sale for OTHER movies. He said, "Usually a month before?"

"Well," I said, "It's LESS than a month before THIS movie now, right? So... NOT 'a month', right?"

"Yeah," He said. :mad: Yeah. I need information - not guesses. Don't just pull stuff out of your butt. If you don't know, say so! [face_shame_on_you]

On a whim, I asked what their group reservation policy was, just in case they might have something to offer us that Paramount couldn't...

"We don't do group bookings anymore," he said. "We haven't for like 4 years."

Okay. So, no one knows anything more than we do about the booking thing. :rolleyes: BUT, as I said in the *** OFFICIAL PLANNING *** thread, the managers at Chinook will call me as soon as they know anything.

22. Nite_shift

Nite_shift Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2004
    Hey guys, i was wondering if u let anyone join in on the meeting, If so, i might try and make it the only problem is i have to work at 10pm

THanks

23. darth-paul-

Jan 9, 2004
    All are welcome!!! (except trekies). Just kidding.

Not a problem. We have been wrapping up at around 9 9:30.

Hope to see you there.

Darth Paul

24. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Okay - it seems the more friends I talk to, the more want to join our midnight line up! Dr. Haggis, I'm going to need more tickets - in total I need 11. If you don't get them before Monday meeting, I will bring $$ for you up front then (it's alot to take on yourself). If there's a limit, then let me know and I'll come down with you to buy them.

Thanks again!
    You guys been reading up on the Celebration 3 stuff?!! I really wish I was there - sounds amazing!!

25. veritate

Oct 25, 2004
    echosevin - We have you down for 11 tickets now.

Not that we don't trust you, but you WILL be responsible for finding replacements, in the event that one of your 11 people has to cancel.

About bringing spouses to the meeting - DrHaggis brings his wife to the meetings. I hear she's pretty cute! ;) Of course spouses are welcome!!!

See everyone on Monday!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.