main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN Next meeting- APRIL

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by k kanos, Mar 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k kanos

k kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2000
    Let's use this thread to discuss our next meeting. We are going to have a lot to discuss for this meeting as this will be the last meeting before the line-up for AOTC due to the STAR WARS Celebration being the first weekend in May :D I encourage everyone that can, to try to make an effort to be there. Please bring your friends that plan to line-up with you or just have a general interest in STAR WARS. This would definitely be a good recruitment meeting for NAD. We are going to try to have everything squared away for the line-up by then and will also be handing out flyers for people to post up in their area of Nashville for the theater we are going to be lining up at (hopefully the Thoroughbred ;) ) We should know that before next meeting. We are also going to get our line-up dates solidified, who is lining up for which date by a show of hands, and who is bringing what resources. I will be making some volunteer lists at the meeting and will post them sometime later on our website. We will also be discussing the charity involvement for the line and midnight toy madness at TRU.

So, let's get this party started and get a meeting date squared up. We have been meeting on the 1st Friday of the Month, which would make this next meeting on Friday April 5th. However, I know how difficult it is to try to meet on Fridays for some people and was wondering if Saturday April 6th might be better for this important meeting. Either date is fine for me. Just indicate your preference please :) Any suggestions for a location of this next meeting are welcome. Let's try to find a place that will allow us to reserve a room to hold a meeting. I was actually wondering about Beethovens Grill which is right across from the Thoroughbred parking lot. They have a side room for groups, but we need to get a head count and make a reservations as early as possible. I have a friend who works there as a hostess and could let me know if either of those dates are available.

2. RocketX

RocketX Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 24, 2002
    Saturday is better for me, but I could make it Friday as well. We need a good meeting room. Shoneys was way to crowded and loud, but I can't think of any good place to meet that wouldn't be that way on Friday night.

3. Toymaster

Toymaster Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Saturday is definately better for me.

4. autographjeff

autographjeff Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2001
    I have never been to a meeting but look on here alot... Usually work or doing stuff with the wife on Friday and Saturday nights, but am interested... I am also going to the Celebration... is the anything i should know?

thanks
    ukjeff19@yahoo.com

5. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    I don't have a problem with either night. So, whichever works for everyone else.

I will need to know soon, though, because I will be making my schedule out next week. ;)

6. ChewieTitan

ChewieTitan Jedi Master star 2

Dec 26, 2001
    Saturday is best for me, cause I normally work on Friday nights.

7. LanceWindu

LanceWindu Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 27, 2002
    I can mosty likely go on either day as long as someone could give me a ride and if my bossy mom would let me go.

8. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
    I can make either day.

9. Scruff

Scruff Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 1999
    Either night is fine with me. I never heard of Beethoven's Grill. What sort of food do they serve? Lando, I'd offer you a ride, but
    Smyrna is a bit out of the way for me. I've got a friend in M'Boro who's a member but hasn't made a meeting yet. Maybe he can make this one.

10. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    VERY nice food. Just a word of caution, this meal will set you back anywhere from $20-$50 a piece. I used to eat there once every other MONTH b/c of the price. ;)

BTW - It is on Mallory Lane across from the Mall I think. If not, it is near there.

11. k kanos

May 1, 2000
    Although Elan-rai, it depends on what you order, but you do get a pretty decent sized meal. It's kind of like Merchants grill or Grady's. It's basically a nice bar & grill. They have decent hamburgers and good chicken fingers. It's not too upscale and at the same time nicer than Rio bravo and not real noisy. They also have billiard tables in another room. If we can get a good group together we may be able to reserve the room all to ourselves. I'll of course have to check with my friend and see how many we need to reserve the room and if it's available. I'll let you guys know next week when I get back in town.

If anybody else has any suggestions for a place to hold next meeting, by all means let us know. :)

So far it would appear that Saturday April 6th is better for some. Does anyone (except for Hama ;) ) have any problems with meeting on Saturday April 6th? What time is good for you all? 6ish, 7ish?

12. Scruff

Scruff Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 1999
    Never heard of Merchant's or Grady's either. Sounds like that's out of my price range. If that what we decide on, guess I'll eat beforehand.

13. k kanos

May 1, 2000
    Its just one option ;) I was just trying to think of a place that was relativley quiet, had a side room and that was around Cool Springs. It's actually off of Mallory Lane right across from the Thoroughbred. Any other suggestions for a place to meet are welcome :) . When I get back, I'll talk to my friend who works at Bethovens and see if she can get me a list of menu items under $10. That way it should make ordering a lot easier and we can get down to the business at hand (if we decide to meet at Bethovens that is). I also thought about the back room at Logans, but that place will probably be packed and noisy unless we go real early in the evening like around 5:00 or later like 8:00 ?[face_plain] . Elan-Rai, any suggestions?

14. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Beethoven's sounds good to me if we have a better variety of food prices. I'll just hang tight with that until you get a menu. If they have items ranging from $10-Up, then I'd be in for it for sure.

15. Toymaster

Jan 19, 2002
    I'm fine with it. I wouldn't even mind just getting an apetizer if it's a little pricey, and then grabbing some fast food later (remember how much fun we all had the time we wound up at McDonald's?). Any time Saturday evening is fine with me, too. Maybe if we got started around 6:00, then we could all go catch a movie afterwards (and hopefully I won't have to bail this time!).

16. autographjeff

autographjeff Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2001
    Logans Roadhouse has a room that can accomadate alot of people... My moms Hallmark club meets there.. you might try that.. it is right on mallory lane in cool springs...

Jeff

17. LanceWindu

Feb 27, 2002
    Does anybody remember Texana's? It was near the Hickory Hollow Mall. They were bought by another company but it's still a nice place to go to. I think you can even rent a room out too.

We still have enought time to decide so we can take our dear sweet time.

18. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Didn't Jonathan's Bar and Grille buy them out?

19. ChewieTitan

ChewieTitan Jedi Master star 2

Dec 26, 2001
    The old Texana's is a mexican restaraunt now. My wife and I ate there around Christmas time and it was pretty good. The prices were about the same as Cozymel's.

20. LanceWindu

Feb 27, 2002
    Oh I think I remember the name of the new place now. Isn't it South of the Border or Across the Border???

21. guber

guber Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 22, 2002
    We definatly need to find a place in which it wont be to loud to hear for the meeting.

22. Toymaster

Jan 19, 2002
    This is very true...

23. RocketX

RocketX Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 24, 2002
    The Texanas resturant is closed (the one across from the auto dealer right?)Hey, it will be nice and quiet, but the service will suck!

24. k kanos

May 1, 2000
    Well, Bethovens is out. I just spoke with the party coordinator and in order to reserve the room we not only need to put down a $100 deposit, but we will be forced to order from the limited menu which drives the prices up into the $20+ range for entres and they won't let us order off the general menu. There is also a 20 person minimum. However, I was in error about my friends job. She doesn't work at Bethovens (she was going to and got offered more money to stay where she was). She works at Amerigos (next door to Cozymels). She said they have a back room that is near the windows and that all we have to do is tell her and she will hold that area for us. She says they have groups in there all the time and that it is fairly quiet and not even near as loud as Cozymels. Amerigos is not cheap, but it has some dishes under $10 including wood fired Pizzas. She says they are fantastic and two people could probably even share one, even though they are "personal" pizzas. These range from 8.50 to 9.50 except if you want a Spinach- tomato-garlic pizza which is $11
    No hamburgers, or chicken sandwiches. Appetizers are not typical either. However, I know that some do not like this kind of food or want to pay those prices.

Another place I thought of is the Athletic Club located inside the Embassy suites right off of cool springs boulevard East. The NCAA tournament will be over by then and I don't believe there are any other sporting events going on. I've been there and it is your typical sports bar food (hamburgers, chicken, hot wings etc...), but it is pretty nice. If there are no sporting events going on this place would be perfect and quiet. There are no extra rooms, but there is a back corner to the dining area that would allow us a little buffer. What do you all think? I'll give them a call this afternoon and see what their hours are and if there are any sporting events on April 6th. I'll also see if they can fax me a menu.

25. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Good work, Scott.

Either one of the places will work for me. I can lay claim that Amerigo's does have some great food. Like Scott said though, it isn't the cheapest place around, but not the most expensive either. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.